Recent Topics

Ads

Faction Pride

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tsakari

Faction Pride

Post#1 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:16 pm

Hey fellas/fellette's,

Let me start out by saying I haven't been playing for super long however I have played a lot of games similar to this one.
I have been noticing lately a lot of flip flopping from one side to the other based of who ever seems to be more likely to win a zone, I and couple of other people have been keeping track of a few groups in particular, whom seem to like to push outers until the doors are almost down then they seem to switch over and you watch the AAO flips back to the defenders side, some how due to the mechanics of the game this seems to allow them to have more population, than the attackers. It feels like a lot of it has to do with efficiency of farming crests.

I am not 100% on the semantics and i won't pretend I'm a expert in RVR, but it does sound a lot like a issue we had when I used to play AION, and its obviously part of the flaw of having a 2 party system vs a 3 party system... I understand we cant add a 3rd party due to the limitations of the game mechanics, however. Is there a possible way that there could be the implementation of a mechanic, that say gives you a bonus for the more days you log in on a side.

For example if I logged on my Destruction characters for arguments sake 10 days in a row, I'd get a bonus of 5% to say War Crests and RR (it doesn't have to be this exactly) every 2 days to a maximum of 10 days for a total bonus of 25%. If you log on your Order then the bonus is set back to zero and it starts over for that faction of your account.

Perhaps as some kinda incentive for people to have some faction pride and stop flip flopping from one side to the other based of whether they think they are going to get a easy defend or not.
I mean you will always have people who don't care and are going to flip flop any way, but i do feel there should be a advantage/reward for sticking it out with your favorite faction.

Discussions on this would be interesting, and I would like to hear others perspectives. In all honesty i just expect people to downvote and meme to oblivion, but i thought id atleast try and make a interesting debate and get people thinking about their game play, and how possibly it can be better.

Cheers, Tsakari.

Ads
BeautfulToad

Re: Faction Pride

Post#2 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:24 pm

A lot of players join for a siege because they are such intense PvP events and then leave after 1-2 failed pushes or if they think they will lose. When numbers are close, sieging is hard.

I don't think many xrealm to the extent you are claiming, and you should maybe report it as an exploit if you have evidence of entire guilds doing it. If anything, there should maybe be efforts to make sieging a bit easier, as a lot of the time, you need an overwhelming numerical advantage to push a zone.

Sightbringer

Post#3 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:46 pm

I like this idea.

butsushi

Post#4 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:53 pm

Hi, appreciate your post. I believe faction pride is something you have or you don't. The basis of faction pride is loving a faction and staying no matter if you win or lose. I believe that only ~5% are faction pride, ~10 players on each side. If you have to reward faction pride, then it is not faction pride anymore and will be exploited by the majority to increase gains and ultimately achieve high RR level gear faster in order to be OP. Lately I came to appreciate x realmers. In their own they also have pride lol. A very tiny portion of x realmers will only switch to losing side, whereas the majority will switch to winning side only. It makes the game less enjoyable but it is a tiny view of why the world is in the state it is right now.

You could try to tie the faction to the IP. But ppl will always find a way to overcome it.

To conclude, if you have pride you stay and support on win or lose. Going to the other side is not an option.
Rewards will only buy mercenaries that will exploit it and make the game worse than it is.

Finally, faction pride is a badge you do not use on your amor so others can see. Pride is a scar inside your chest, underneath your amor, that hurts when it is cold and itches when it is hot.

Allie
Suspended

Post#5 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:04 pm

+1 i think people should be rewarded for sticking with 1 side & not xrealming to just PvD/afk meta farm, the way this game is now its lame as people flip @ the drop of a hat & these "report players" "prove it" memes are smoke & mirrors & wont fix anything as we all know it is happening & is a cancer to RvR & RoR, if you dont like this idea then i think you are one of the xrealm PvD meta farmers & like it the way it is, you meta farmers think you are some kind of 4d chess 5 head spreed sheet RR/crest farm excel doc gods but you are just meme lords killing RoR

koozyer

Post#6 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:11 pm

certainly a step in the right direction as the shadowy cabal of xrealmers have controlled this server for far too long.

it would be nice to see a lockout as well as referenced. "massive lockout"

it appears players understood 10 years ago that being able to flip flop would ruin integrity.

https://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/27 ... r-in-1-3-6

if this begins to be abused and the server suffers the same problems then we can start looking into ip locking, regionalization, vpn bans.

thanks for reading

lumpi33

Post#7 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:41 pm

nice idea but the realm hoppers already have multiple accounts to avoid the lock out.

with 2 accounts they would get the bonus on both sides even when logging back and forth.

Allie
Suspended

Post#8 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:31 am

lumpi33 wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:41 pm nice idea but the realm hoppers already have multiple accounts to avoid the lock out.

with 2 accounts they would get the bonus on both sides even when logging back and forth.
not a good reason to gimp everyone else because of the cringe lords with dual accounts

edit
most players xrealm because they can & you get rewarded for doing so & its easy, most players dont dual account.

To the rare loyal faction players this is for you

"How many dudes you know roll like this?
How many dudes you know flow like this?
Not many, if any
Not many, if any
How many dudes you know got the skills to go and rock a show like this?
Uh-uh, uh-uh, I don't know anybody..."

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#9 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:17 am

For all you order/destro priders who log in, see 200% enemy faction AAO and go PvDoor in a pug warband chatting about The Other Side having no spine/blobbing/running/whatever: have fun playing the game, though i have no idea what fun there is in that playstyle. And, as a more general belief of mine: RoR isnt a game about pride, or winning for that matter. Its about fights, and fights are the only things you should be pursuing, at least in my idea.
That being said: let people play in whatever way they want. Devs have succesfully made zerging zones get really inefficient and boring for more extreme AAO, so that players will usually log off after the other side leaves. You had pride warbands being formed when cities were tied to campaign, they stopped being formed cause there was no point anymore. Try to change something with campaign, perhaps, not add another carrot to the game.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Allie
Suspended

Post#10 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:29 am

Cyrylius wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:17 am For all you order/destro priders who log in, see 200% enemy faction AAO and go PvDoor in a pug warband chatting about The Other Side having no spine/blobbing/running/whatever: have fun playing the game, though i have no idea what fun there is in that playstyle. And, as a more general belief of mine: RoR isnt a game about pride, or winning for that matter. Its about fights, and fights are the only things you should be pursuing, at least in my idea.
That being said: let people play in whatever way they want. Devs have succesfully made zerging zones get really inefficient and boring for more extreme AAO, so that players will usually log off after the other side leaves. You had pride warbands being formed when cities were tied to campaign, they stopped being formed cause there was no point anymore. Try to change something with campaign, perhaps, not add another carrot to the game.
as of writing this order jsut pushed a fort 100 vs 15 & "RoR isnt a game about pride" whats the point of factions & guilds then mmos use to be about player agency & faction pride, without it we have what we have now just a afk zerg meta farm with people following the +aao to what ever side will get the easy win, the only time i see even fights is a select couple of hour a day then the zerg farming begins, RoRs player base has proven day after day they like the easy win & dont care about actual RvR or PvP its all about the most efficient way to farm RR & crests with the least amount of effort & this is by xrealming