Recent Topics

Ads

Faction Pride

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Belanoite
Suspended

Re: Faction Pride

Post#21 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:02 pm

- I can't remember the last time dev team gave bonus rr or xp in a system. For years the word was "nerf rr and xp". So I don't think they would consider that bonus ever.
- Also the bonus for don't xrealming is too low and don't worth the times you're going to be farmed by the stronger side, what is Order nowadays, but used to be destro in the past.

Ads
drbaker

Post#22 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:41 pm

Personally I don't go fort because it seems like bad content. attackers spend 20 minutes or so running around in a circle from flag to flag in a big blob. Defenders run out from fort, cap a flag and run back in before the blob arrives to recap it.

At the next stage, die at first push to undefendable damage while trying to block the door. Sit in jail till the fort is over.

Riveting gameplay.

Omegus

Post#23 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:49 pm

Any "solutions" to people switching sides need to take into account:

1) Account-restrictions are useless as the game is free so people can make two accounts, one for order and one for destruction. Technically against the TOS, can be hard to detect if done "properly".

2) There are organised players who deliberately switch to the underdog side to get good fights and try to balance things out, and they should not be inadvertantly punished for playing both sides to make things more balanced.

3) Don't base your experiences on NA prime or EU NEET timezones.
Allie wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:04 pm& guess why people boycott forts its because there is no point to go into a fort if the other side has 200% aao advantage you are just going to get farmed & feed that zerg more crests & RR duh, there is zero reason to go to a fort if the population is so skewed you dont even get enough contri even if you do try so you can wate over 30min feeeding the zerg to get "you do not have enough contribution for a loot roll"
Forts have a population cap and people still boycot them because they're not fun.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Garamore

Post#24 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:11 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:49 pm Any "solutions" to people switching sides need to take into account:

2) There are organised players who deliberately switch to the underdog side to get good fights and try to balance things out, and they should not be inadvertantly punished for playing both sides to make things more balanced.
There used to be. Most just switch to order now. Could list the names of the common people that do it but not allowed :)
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

Scottx125

Post#25 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:49 am

Well you can get around the two accounts issue by using MAC or IP address to lock a user to one account per person. Then you can do a GW2 type system where players will be invited to cross realm and be given bonuses IF one side is heavily outnumbered. And for those players who are staying against a massive outnumbering force, give them an individual bonus which stacks up the longer they play. As I've said many times before, AAO doesn't give enough incentive. The rewards for the losing side have to be the same if you want people to willingly lose.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Omegus

Post#26 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:56 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:49 amWell you can get around the two accounts issue by using MAC or IP address to lock a user to one account per person.
Circumventable. Windows 10 even has a built-in feature to randomise your MAC address if using wi-fi.

Other options: updating the launcher to try and scan and record hardware information, which questionable on privacy grounds and also easy to spoof. I have no idea how true this was, but apparently at one point the launcher was using hard drive names/details to link together multiple accounts to prevent people from using two accounts to x-realm at will, and when discovered people just learned how to change their drive names. Considering the person I heard this from back in 2020 it could well be a load of crap though so please don't take it as gospel.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Monteaux

Post#27 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:38 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:56 am
Scottx125 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:49 amWell you can get around the two accounts issue by using MAC or IP address to lock a user to one account per person.
Circumventable. Windows 10 even has a built-in feature to randomise your MAC address if using wi-fi.

Other options: updating the launcher to try and scan and record hardware information, which questionable on privacy grounds and also easy to spoof. I have no idea how true this was, but apparently at one point the launcher was using hard drive names/details to link together multiple accounts to prevent people from using two accounts to x-realm at will, and when discovered people just learned how to change their drive names. Considering the person I heard this from back in 2020 it could well be a load of crap though so please don't take it as gospel.
Isn't cool cause if my wife and i use the same pc, the same router but different accounts - she plays when i'm at work. with that option ya called she or i couldn't play anymore cause the launcher will think we are one. so: bad option.

madrocks
Suspended

Post#28 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:26 am

Faction pride died long time ago.
Everyone crossrealms, many do it deliberately for free bags as they have their 12th alt to gear up.
True quote from discord coms: "I logged in and saw Destro is getting their cheeks clapped, so I switched to Order for an easy bag. What is the problem?"

Forts are fun as defender if you have at least 3 good warbands.
Good warband means: warbands with players on discord, on their mains and leaders being coordinated in /2 chat.
There has been insane fort fights in the past that did not just include funneling.

IMO destro does not bother to defend anymore beacuse they get clapped by easy mode slayer/wl trains.
I don't say slayer is broken, but when 10+ slayers hit your low gear alt funnel you see the proc dmg numbers over your head for the next 2 minutes standing in jail.
Also barely anyone bothers with simple but devastating defense strategies e.g.: aoe punts from 3rd floor, rdps aoe bombing on backline from 3rd floor or simple bottom floor funnel with small scales on the postern.
Many players openly call for throwing in /t4 even before the pre-fort zones' inner keep gate has dropped. (used to be a banable offence, apparently only for certain people?)
Lutz

Ads
DEADJACK

Post#29 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:55 pm

For me faction pride (for Destruction) came because of Order behaviour.

As an exemple we loose a lot in scenarios during lvling up but honestly i've never found in Order such a dedication/ cohesion against difficulties.
Order players are too much used to win so a minor set back makes them mad and very leaning into abuses (or voting surrender very fast ^^).
I can't count the number of times we got emote spammed or ganked in all possible manners. I remember the many spawn camping abuse in Caledor woods... and i've never saw that commited by Destruction players in scenarios (enlight me if i'm wrong) !
And it's amazing when a debate about faction is raised in forums and no one talks about this kind of abuses...

On the contrary even if Destruction tends to walk a long path to find itself, i've found much more gratifying to play with people from this faction.

The overal spirit is way better and i think most of Destro players tends to value good experiences instead of just good results.

So to conclude, i'm proud of my faction because : even if we get outnumbered, outsmart, outgunned... at least we don't behave like total jerks and value well fought battles.

N.B : In Destro when someone reach RNR 80 you are actually congratulated by other players via whispers. And this is the kind of stuff that makes Destro great.

Scottx125

Post#30 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:12 pm

Spoiler:
DEADJACK wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:55 pm For me faction pride (for Destruction) came because of Order behaviour.

As an exemple we loose a lot in scenarios during lvling up but honestly i've never found in Order such a dedication/ cohesion against difficulties.
Order players are too much used to win so a minor set back makes them mad and very leaning into abuses (or voting surrender very fast ^^).
I can't count the number of times we got emote spammed or ganked in all possible manners. I remember the many spawn camping abuse in Caledor woods... and i've never saw that commited by Destruction players in scenarios (enlight me if i'm wrong) !
And it's amazing when a debate about faction is raised in forums and no one talks about this kind of abuses...

On the contrary even if Destruction tends to walk a long path to find itself, i've found much more gratifying to play with people from this faction.

The overal spirit is way better and i think most of Destro players tends to value good experiences instead of just good results.

So to conclude, i'm proud of my faction because : even if we get outnumbered, outsmart, outgunned... at least we don't behave like total jerks and value well fought battles.

N.B : In Destro when someone reach RNR 80 you are actually congratulated by other players via whispers. And this is the kind of stuff that makes Destro great.
Lol what? So months of multi-organised 4 guild warband zergs and fort boycotting is something to be proud of? Ok. I'm proud of Order, even though most puggies are complete idiots (sorry it's true), they're like a bunch of lemmings slamming their head against the same destro zerg brick wall. Eventually destro will log or leave and then Order will push the zones out of sheer doggedness. Even in forts, Order will turn up if outnumbered 2:1 and will at least try to defend. And sure, they don't always win, but sometimes they do. And it breaks Destro's will to fight and then Order pushes the zones all the way back to their Fort and cap it.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.