Recent Topics

Ads

Faction Pride

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Cyrylius

Re: Faction Pride

Post#11 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:44 am

Allie wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:29 am
Cyrylius wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:17 am For all you order/destro priders who log in, see 200% enemy faction AAO and go PvDoor in a pug warband chatting about The Other Side having no spine/blobbing/running/whatever: have fun playing the game, though i have no idea what fun there is in that playstyle. And, as a more general belief of mine: RoR isnt a game about pride, or winning for that matter. Its about fights, and fights are the only things you should be pursuing, at least in my idea.
That being said: let people play in whatever way they want. Devs have succesfully made zerging zones get really inefficient and boring for more extreme AAO, so that players will usually log off after the other side leaves. You had pride warbands being formed when cities were tied to campaign, they stopped being formed cause there was no point anymore. Try to change something with campaign, perhaps, not add another carrot to the game.
as of writing this order jsut pushed a fort 100 vs 15 & "RoR isnt a game about pride" whats the point of factions & guilds then mmos use to be about player agency & faction pride, without it we have what we have now just a afk zerg meta farm with people following the +aao to what ever side will get the easy win, the only time i see even fights is a select couple of hour a day then the zerg farming begins, RoRs player base has proven day after day they like the easy win & dont care about actual RvR or PvP its all about the most efficient way to farm RR & crests with the least amount of effort & this is by xrealming
So, what youre saying is, if im an order prider im supposed to go add to be the 101th person in this fort? Because thats what your definition of order pride would imply.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Allie
Suspended

Post#12 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:06 am

Cyrylius wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:44 am
Cyrylius wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:17 am For all you order/destro priders who log in, see 200% enemy faction AAO and go PvDoor in a pug warband chatting about The Other Side having no spine/blobbing/running/whatever: have fun playing the game, though i have no idea what fun there is in that playstyle. And, as a more general belief of mine: RoR isnt a game about pride, or winning for that matter. Its about fights, and fights are the only things you should be pursuing, at least in my idea.
That being said: let people play in whatever way they want. Devs have succesfully made zerging zones get really inefficient and boring for more extreme AAO, so that players will usually log off after the other side leaves. You had pride warbands being formed when cities were tied to campaign, they stopped being formed cause there was no point anymore. Try to change something with campaign, perhaps, not add another carrot to the game.
as of writing this order jsut pushed a fort 100 vs 15 & "RoR isnt a game about pride" whats the point of factions & guilds then mmos use to be about player agency & faction pride, without it we have what we have now just a afk zerg meta farm with people following the +aao to what ever side will get the easy win, the only time i see even fights is a select couple of hour a day then the zerg farming begins, RoRs player base has proven day after day they like the easy win & dont care about actual RvR or PvP its all about the most efficient way to farm RR & crests with the least amount of effort & this is by xrealming
So, what youre saying is, if im an order prider im supposed to go add to be the 101th person in this fort? Because thats what your definition of order pride would imply.
your mental gymnastic to justify xrealming to the winning faction its gold medal level

Cyrylius

Post#13 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:16 am

Allie wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:06 am
Cyrylius wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:44 am

your mental gymnastic to justify xrealming to the winning faction its gold medal level
A very clever way of not answering my question.
Just kidding, i feel like 64.7% of people on RoR forum evade questions the moment they can't answer them, and try to change the topic with moderately creative attacks. You're just another one of those. Unsurprisingly.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Minisynn

Post#14 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:41 pm

And as discussed in the last thread about fort imbalance, this is going to keep happening until 75% of destro guilds stop boycotting forts. On the subject of realm pride, there are 6-7 destro pride (as in destro only) guilds I can name that literally will not step foot in a fort, and yet this new faction loyalty system would reward them to continue doing so.

And the notorious shadowy xrealmers you're trying to pin it on can't log order and get a spot in an already full fort, they'd literally have no incentive to swap and buttplug the fort even more.

Also, confirmation bias is real and just because you perceive that people are swapping to the other faction when their faction is getting clapped, doesn't mean it's actually happening - more often than not when RvR is horribly imbalanced at certain times of the day, people just swap to doing other content like scenarios for their crests, which previously they couldn't do because they rewarded a different currency. So instead of basically being forced to suck it up and stick out RvR until the numbers evened out, now it's so much easier for people to just do something else and then come back to RvR when their side has the numbers for the easy wins.

Same idea with forts - when you needed to do forts for Invader, the queues were huge for both sides because everyone needed it as a stepping stone to sov - now the gearing process is so streamlined and pvp avoidant that you can literally pve up to Invader ward and go straight for sov, yet another decentive to actually stick out pvp, even if it does make the game a lot more approachable for alts and new players

A lot of the current issues with the RvR campaign like those mentioned above have come as a result of the currency and campaign revamp earlier this year which came from a good place, but has had massively unintended consequences to the game which need to be addressed
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube

Nameless

Post#15 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:13 pm

Imo remove lockout for realm switch and add something like salary that the king give you by mail for serving him good. The salary could be high level pots, liniments, may be event slot item, dyes, cosmetic stuff, talis that scale with the time account stay at the realm

For example
1st week you got 5 hp pots
2nd week you got 5ap and 5 shield pots
3rd week you got 3hp, 3ap, 3 bubble and event item and so on
When you do realm switch timer reset

Not biggie but will help loyalists while hardcore, elite, switching for the fight, premades wont lose much since they got all of these tools
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

tvbrowntown
Suspended

Post#16 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:51 pm

On a game where you can make accounts for free why would you have your order toons on the same account as your destruction toons?

Allie
Suspended

Post#17 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:04 pm

Minisynn wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:41 pm
And as discussed in the last thread about fort imbalance, this is going to keep happening until 75% of destro guilds stop boycotting forts. On the subject of realm pride, there are 6-7 destro pride (as in destro only) guilds I can name that literally will not step foot in a fort, and yet this new faction loyalty system would reward them to continue doing so.

And the notorious shadowy xrealmers you're trying to pin it on can't log order and get a spot in an already full fort, they'd literally have no incentive to swap and buttplug the fort even more.

Also, confirmation bias is real and just because you perceive that people are swapping to the other faction when their faction is getting clapped, doesn't mean it's actually happening - more often than not when RvR is horribly imbalanced at certain times of the day, people just swap to doing other content like scenarios for their crests, which previously they couldn't do because they rewarded a different currency. So instead of basically being forced to suck it up and stick out RvR until the numbers evened out, now it's so much easier for people to just do something else and then come back to RvR when their side has the numbers for the easy wins.

Same idea with forts - when you needed to do forts for Invader, the queues were huge for both sides because everyone needed it as a stepping stone to sov - now the gearing process is so streamlined and pvp avoidant that you can literally pve up to Invader ward and go straight for sov, yet another decentive to actually stick out pvp, even if it does make the game a lot more approachable for alts and new players

A lot of the current issues with the RvR campaign like those mentioned above have come as a result of the currency and campaign revamp earlier this year which came from a good place, but has had massively unintended consequences to the game which need to be addressed
& guess why people boycott forts its because there is no point to go into a fort if the other side has 200% aao advantage you are just going to get farmed & feed that zerg more crests & RR duh, there is zero reason to go to a fort if the population is so skewed you dont even get enough contri even if you do try so you can wate over 30min feeeding the zerg to get "you do not have enough contribution for a loot roll"

RuffRyder

Post#18 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 3:20 pm

When realm lockouts were introduced in the first place there was not only an account- but also an IP-based lockout, and there were proposals about what would be technically possible with client control to ensure no one invades those, it’s pretty easy to do even.

In the end the decision was mostly not adjusting anything, it’s a very controversial topic and you will always have a faction not being happy with any adjustments.

Just accept not much is going to change and refrain from tinfoil assumptions, hard lockouts will probably kill the game even more than a few xrealmers could at all, and what we need is more players, not less.
Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience. (Mark Twain)

Ads
TrainInVain

Post#19 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:42 pm

I think its an interesting idea.

I remember up to about 2011ish after a big server merger I started playing T1 a lot more because it was always busy. There was a pretty active twink community who would log in and ask which side needed help. Its too bad more don't have that sort of attitude.

Minisynn

Post#20 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:55 pm

Allie wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 2:04 pm
Minisynn wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:41 pm

& guess why people boycott forts its because there is no point to go into a fort if the other side has 200% aao advantage you are just going to get farmed & feed that zerg more crests & RR duh, there is zero reason to go to a fort if the population is so skewed you dont even get enough contri even if you do try so you can wate over 30min feeeding the zerg to get "you do not have enough contribution for a loot roll"
Chicken or the egg here really. Most forts that get taken are during the day when the numbers are typically quite even, but the destro warbands on at those times (Freebootaz + Zorbax duo warbands in particular) literally will not set foot inside of a fort anymore, so of course destro is going to be horribly outnumbered when their only organised WBs on refuse to participate. And if they actually did start joining again, it'd incentivise destro pug leaders to start joining again as they'd know there are actually organised warbands to rally behind - but instead, they just farm empty lakes.

Personally, I'd describe the current state of forts as 60% a design issue with the changes made to the RvR campaign, the currency changes, and the ward changes, and 40% destro organised warbands and guilds using the design issues with the new systems to avoid actually difficult fights and staying in the lakes where they're comfortable.

Xrealmers on the other hand, a few guilds of which were historically famous for swapping sides for forts, almost always did so to DEFEND forts because it's far easier than attacking when the numbers aren't skewed massively - and so them being behind the current issue doesn't even make sense beyond the fact that they'd literally be stuck in queue because the attacker queues are almost always full
Engineer enjoyer | Finnbarr/Fionnbharr | Finnmarr/Fionnbharra | Nightmare | Youtube