Recent Topics

Ads

Xrealming Has Got to Go

Let's talk about... everything else
Farrul

Re: Xrealming Has Got to Go

Post#61 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:14 am

Honestly the only thing that imho should have happened already is the improvement of the AAO system. Not sure why the devs are hesitating on this point, seriously improve the rewards for the outnumbered side and let players think twice before changing sides.

Real lockouts could be risky with such a small community so improving the AAO systems feels like a decent solution to help alleviating x-realming without harming the population.

AAO system could include War Crests imho.

400 AAO = 100% ( increased crests from kills)
200 AAO = 50%
100 AAO = 25%
50 AAO = 15%

Just renown is not enough of an incentive for many players( especially those above rr80 that do no care about cosmetics or fame).

Include a small amount of gold drop from kills( logic : the numerically superior side is rich and powerful, the outnumbered faction is trying to survive and will scavenge for all resources, i.e '' Robin Hood ' ).

Give those that stick to one side whatever the odds certain privileges over time (tracked by activity on the outnumbered side for a longer period) such as Guild Mounts at discounted prices etc.

Point is, X-realming as it is makes the whole game feel like nothing more than a superficial grind, when faction loyalty means so little outside of a few roleplaying guilds the whole ''War'' feels shallow which is a shame for such a rich fantasy setting / lore.

This very moment when typing this, Reikland was ''suddenly '' invaded'' by destro once Order was getting close to a 3 -star and blue team went from 0 (some nice battles going on prior to that, i.e game was fun) to 80 AAO destro zerg, then watch Order numbers increase once it is time to defend Reikwald, it really makes the whole game feel superficial.

Since the '' x-realmers'' just care about the selfish grind (respect to those that shift to the outnumbered side ) then work on improving the reward for the outnumbered faction, could have a positive effect and is worth testing.

Ads
Tuxedo013

Post#62 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:29 pm

People need to realize that rvr is entirely controled by 6 or 7 xrealm guilds which means that 6 or 7 ppl have almost complete control in how campaign moves. Whether they decide to either put a nail in the coffin or create awsome battles it entirely up to them.

Nothing to blame them for as they mostly push for good fights rather than blobing.

ps: Dont blame xrealmers for your defeat, instead blame yourself and your teammates for unwillingless to cooperate, learn and adapt!

Garamore

Post#63 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:47 pm

There's actually a lot less xrealming mid guild event at the moment than there was before. There are some that are one side only and some that pick a realm for a night and stick to that one. Cant think of any guild thats switched mid event this week.

There is still a lot of logging the winning side going on outside of EU primetime.

A lot of guilds are called elitist but the reality is most just have the bare minimum of listen on discord, spec in a way that works for the team and turn up for a few events each week and follow the leader. The main reason I often say no to recruitment is that we are full and want to run a 24 man warband not that the person is level 30 and doesn't know what they are doing - we can and have sorted all that for people. I'd encourage anyone to join a guild that runs warbands. The increased rewards, experience and fun are the return for making a bit of effort.

EU primetime RvR is dominated by the play styles of a few guild leaders. I've come to the conclusion that there are very few that want to run and fight as a 24 man wb and most just want to blob and play defensive. This is the biggest issue as it limits fights and fight durations (you can run around for 10 mins finding no one and then suddenly find 90 and its over in 10 seconds).
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

CyunUnderis

Post#64 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:34 pm

Garamore wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:47 pm There's actually a lot less xrealming mid guild event at the moment than there was before. There are some that are one side only and some that pick a realm for a night and stick to that one. Cant think of any guild thats switched mid event this week.
Unfortunately, this is not always possible in practice. We must plan in advance the side, that all players have played the same faction earlier to either have no lockout, or have a lockout of 1h30 but which will be too long for raids of 2h.

I would also like to be able to change my 12 players during the evening when certain opposing guilds stop during the evening (due to the different timezone), but currently, this is not possible for the duration of our raids.
Last edited by CyunUnderis on Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vri

Post#65 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:18 pm

This will be a topic till the server dies. Everyone XRs.

normanis

Post#66 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:19 am

just make lotd debuff work on rvr.
1.its make grp 6 players chance
2. ppl stop zerg (maby lol)
3. cause less fps drops (because ppl stoped zerg)
4. lets pug zerg if they whant
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

kirraha

Post#67 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:33 am

Rowanmantle wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:25 am I agree, 7 day lockout. IP tracking for those with multiple accounts.

Xrealmers are the true scourge and must be stopped.

#keepRoRsafe
Rowan you damn troll

Jokes aside. We added lock and its annoying, when you join as a wb on the side with AAO and almost everytimes, 30 min after you are the side with bigger numbers and you cant relog to try adjust numbers for funnier fights. So instead, we just log off and do other things. Wbs are less and less due to the reason we always seem to end up on the side with bigger numbers, and it aint fun to play.

Rowanmantle

Post#68 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 1:31 pm

kirraha wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:33 am
Rowanmantle wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:25 am I agree, 7 day lockout. IP tracking for those with multiple accounts.

#keepRoRsafe
Rowan you damn troll

Jokes aside. We added lock and its annoying, when you join as a wb on the side with AAO and almost everytimes, 30 min after you are the side with bigger numbers and you cant relog to try adjust numbers for funnier fights. So instead, we just log off and do other things. Wbs are less and less due to the reason we always seem to end up on the side with bigger numbers, and it aint fun to play.

It is time we pay for our misdeeds and misguided ways Kal! Xrealmers created the problem now the only fix is 7 day lockouts or perhaps choosing one side for all eternity until this servers bittersweet end. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

Ads
space44

Post#69 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 2:22 pm

#keepRoRsafe
7 day lockout, IP tracking, face recognition, fingerprint scan, eye tracking, and vaporization if tampering with the security.
Chosen: Roten Plaguelord rr86 | Knight of the Blazing Sun: Lyntyz Jesterknight rr63

I'm not a clown, I'm the whole circus.

ravezaar

Post#70 » Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:59 pm

Is it possible for Devs to make it so u cant swap Faction if u taken part in RvR in a pre-Fort Zone ? or a Zone about to lock to a Fort then u are locked out from swapping Sides ?

Would love to see that
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ