Recent Topics

Ads

Xrealming Has Got to Go

Let's talk about... everything else
Sulorie

Re: Xrealming Has Got to Go

Post#11 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:41 am

Rowanmantle wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:25 am I agree, 7 day lockout. IP tracking for those with multiple accounts.

Xrealmers are the true scourge and must be stopped.

#keepRoRsafe
Keep in mind that xrealmers are a good way to make excuses for losing. When you take this away, what else people have? They already took away NB for the general population and making premades is already frowned upon according to forums. :P
Dying is no option.

Ads
bradbury111

Post#12 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:48 am

The poll wasn't addressing the issue of people with multiple accounts, and up today I don't know if having multiple accounts is agaisnt the tos, I scrolled to the rules and nothing says about that regarding, so I suppose you can have multiple accounts for personal use until they're not shared with anyone.

There also was a suggestion of a 24h lockout.
I'll give you an hint, players, dont, like, to, be, rescricted. Players, play, to, be, entartained.
That was a draconical solution for something easily bypassed that would punish players that just want to play and don't even xrealm on porpuse. Said by one who plays only one side.

There's no real solution to xrealming beside improving the experience to the ones that don't.
You can actually achieve something if you change the focus to reward instead of punish.

Make a really simple bonus faction system(valor?) that resets each time you log off or switch faction(doesn't reset if you switch character in the same faction) that improves and give you bonuses the more time you fight in the lakes, if you reach enough valor points you'll access to exclusive warcamp vendors with discounted things, potions, dyes, etc...I mean, be creative, you can do whenever you want.

You don't even have to look that away, the influence system is the prototype, make it reset each time, provide a vendor with those rewards, make the fight for your faction valuable.

And, if you also finish the campaign you access to something better. I add this because for experience I have seen multiple times warband leaders pushing for fort and then magically disappear leaving people wandering around.

inoeth
Suspended

Post#13 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:34 am

I always giggle when i read "xrealm" it has become a term of excuse for bad players. in fact one side is outnumbered the whole day, I never see drastic changes during the day. It may changes when different time zones log on/off since US players tend to join destro and EU players play order.

and on the other hand

realm pride=patriots=idiots

drbaker

Post#14 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:48 am

I find it kind of interesting that people in this thread are denying mass xrealming happens. I don't really know how else to explain how every time destro fail at attacking a fort and start leaving, that suddenly the order population in the other open zone skyrockets by 20 to 30 people, while order population remains constant in the fort.

Toggle

Post#15 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:50 am

Scottx125 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:51 am
dtjror wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:24 am PVE sieges/forts are no fun. I certainly could be wrong, but the general consensus seems to be a significant part of the problem is xrealmers. Fort defense apparently has its own problem with lack of incentive.

Supposedly there were at least two polls on the issue, with the community overwhelmingly supporting xrealm restrictions. But the devs said this was “wrong”. Why even have a poll then?

So, I’d like to politely ask, what is the rationale for allowing immediate faction switching? Because to someone ignorant like me, it seems hard to imagine the game being worse off with restrictions in place.
There isn't, if I'm not mistake there's a lockout of an hour or so. Still too lenient. If you switch from a weaker side to an outnumbering side you should receive a -50% crest and renown gain for 2 hours imo.
There is a RR bonus you get from switching to the side with AAO. You also keep any contribution you already have in the zone if you swap. But not a lot of people realize that.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Sulorie

Post#16 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:03 pm

Toggle wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:50 am

There is a RR bonus you get from switching to the side with AAO. You also keep any contribution you already have in the zone if you swap. But not a lot of people realize that.
Correct, 50% rp/xp bonus for one hour. You can even enter the same zone you previously played in.
Dying is no option.

Evilspinnre

Post#17 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:34 pm

Xrealmers are the true scum of the Earth and should be tried in court
Evilspinnre - Nightmare/Daydream - Xrealmers Anonymous
80+ AM, WL, WP, BW, SL, SM, 50+ RP, SW, IB
80+ BG, Sorc, WE, Mara, Choppa, SH, 60+ Zeal, Shaman, Blork
https://www.youtube.com/user/EvilspinnrePvP
https://www.twitch.tv/evilspinnrepvp

lemao

Post#18 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:55 pm

Xrealmers is why i suck at this game.....Copium !

Ads
ravezaar

Post#19 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:53 pm

As ppl said above, players will just have 2 accounts so u cant solve this, its better to just stop crying about it and deside to play game as is or not to play it.
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Cyrylius

Post#20 » Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:25 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:03 pm
Toggle wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 11:50 am

Correct, 50% rp/xp bonus for one hour. You can even enter the same zone you previously played in.
Still wipes your contribution after AAO shifts, according to system notifications
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.