Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] A few ideas regarding this class

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Darkdargor

[AM] A few ideas regarding this class

Post#1 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:54 am

I played AM on the original servers, and I play AM on RoR as well. Somehow, in a strange way, I found the mechanic of the class attractive.

After a long pause, some minor adjustments were made. How EoV works is one of the changes in the right direction.

I surfed this section of the forum and I wasn’t surprised at all that very nice suggestions are proposed to the already well known metas.

Everyone that has ever played an AM more than 2-3 months, knows that this class is the least wanted in warbands, guild recruits, parties, being the worst healer on order’s side. Thus, most of AM soloing tho RDPS seems dead in RoR, on both sides, all magic classes.

What are AMs good at?

1. Insta rez. Much appreciated, but in practice, this is a huge sacrifice. When running 2/2/2, the standard party setup, ok, I rez, but in those 3 seconds after the AM is disabled, the AM is a sitting duck. If I slot the tactic, I die much often. In rare circumstances, I slot it, but never outside premades. Never.

Proposal: AM being the squishiest class in game, this 3 second incapacitation should be changed into something that helps on AM’ survive stats. E.g.:

After rezzing, in those 3 seconds, toughness of the rezzed targed and the AM’s to be increased by X amount (eg, the value the shaman can spam). Or, 50% damage reduction. Or a 10 seconds immunity of being staggered again by any effect/ability. Or add a 5 sec cooldown, but no stagger.

And make this available high in the Isha training tree.

Why AM needs this change?

To bring some real utility to a WB/Party. As anyone can imagine, it is not viable in a 24vs24 or 6vs6 setups (dominated by WPs and RPs as main healers) me, as the squishiest healer, being “sacrificed” to bring someone back to live knowing that most certainly both me and the one I rezzed it’s quite possible to die. I, as an AM, and the one I rezzed, need some resistance in that 3 second window.

2. Prismatic shield. A buff that no one needs, now that everyone is running full Futile strikes and Deft Defender.

Make it toughness, with the cost of some offensive abilities. Or whatever what is useful and other chasses can’t offer, so AM be needed.

3. An AOE ability that is based on the damage the party members receive.

We all know that AM mechanic never worked. Ams are either mediocre healers, either mediocre dpses.

RB rework:

- the lower the target’s health, the more receptive to AM’s heals (modify RB’s to be situational: at 75% health, + 25% incoming healing, at 50%, +35%, at 25 % a +50% incoming heal. Alternatively, AM’s spells will cost less AP.

What is happening in fact? An AM is healing, dotting, EoV. Uses AP drain (in a relaxed setup). But when the party’s health gets low, an AM should have cheaper and more potent healing spells.

Probably some of the ideas are impossible to implement.

However, AM’s mechanic is just not viable. There is no DPS-ing while heal specked, and no healing while DPS specked. AM shouldn’t be neither as healer (a lvl 30 WP outperforms easily a Rr80 AMat healing) or as a Dps (that’s why we have pure Mdps classes which aren’t needed anyway anymore) in top of the charts, but well in between.

Another idea is to mix healing with much, much stronger and non- defensible debuffs. The point is to have an impact. All the current AMs debuffs are about 70% of the tine defended against. Even if they go through, the impact is way to low to make a difference.

Ads