Recent Topics

Ads

[WL] Fort Weapon

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sinisterror

Re: [WL] Fort Weapon

Post#31 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:55 pm

Lithenir wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:46 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:28 pm
Lithenir wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:02 pm

If that is all that matters then pls take all 3 WL weapons and give it to random destro classes. In exchange change WL outgoing healdebuff ability to incoming healdebuff ability. Would make me pretty happy and the weapon proc is distributed 4 to 4.
And change Knight outgoing healdebuff aura to incoming healdebuff aura to match Chosen. Because the way it is makes no sense, right?

But I guess destro crybabies wouldn't be happy about this either.

On a more non-sarcastic note: The Realms aren't mirrored and that's a good thing in my eyes. Keeps the game interesting and less boring, also more lore friendly.
So in case that this proc seems to be distributed unfair. Maybe it is this way because destro simply has "an advantage" because of the chosen aura and these weapons are simply to even the field. But to see it, requires the ability to think through all instances instead of focussing on only one thing
Never considered myself as destro crybaby since i play both realms and at the stage WL is atm i definetely agree to change outgoing HD to Incoming and make it 9 pts ability instead of 13. If LF would be able to crit like it used to and should be able to crit. If Pounce Worked in Mid-air, able to crit and with 1 sec delayed dmg like it used to (when you pounced to enemy AA dmg came before pounce dmg so CS would hit at the same time with pounce and if first AA and second AA After CS critted = One shotting.

If it all worked like that now WL dont need INC HD but im all for changing WL HD to Incoming. Though WL used to be MOST fun melee in any game ive played so i would rather take critting LF, pounce crits/Mid-air use possible again instead of inc HD. Imo it's insane that LF cant crit since Pet is the crit mechanic for WL and 13 pts petpath ability dont even crit lol.

Anyway all i meant by saying "only thing that matters" was about the Proc itself. I would love all old procs back like WL got 12% + Crit dmg/9% Crit proc in T4 epic quest. As did WP and many others + and tanks got Taunt proc in 2H wpns. I think it's interesting that Devastator/Duelist Conq/Domi and Vanq/Opp have best set bonuses for many classess. Now im missing old Overlord/Imperator set bonuses as well, why all of these great things got removed;/
But Leonine Frenzy is a proc why should a proc crit? If LF proc would be made able to crit than every other proc like witchbrew should be able to crit also. And I definitely don't want that :D
I agree that pounce should be able to work mid-air.

My point is simply that these HD procs are in place to compensate for destro abilities to HD
Witchbrew is 10 sec CD and doesnt require Pet and pet is the crit mechanic for WL. And LF has 30 sec CD. Of top of my head isnt HD's in game quite equally distributed? Like Mara has Inc 50% but requires tactic. WL has outgoing no tactic. And sorc has no HD but BW does. All other "mirrors" either have or dont have HD. Not counting Morales on this.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Akalukz

Post#32 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:05 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:55 pm
Spoiler:
Sinisterror wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:28 pm

Never considered myself as destro crybaby since i play both realms and at the stage WL is atm i definetely agree to change outgoing HD to Incoming and make it 9 pts ability instead of 13. If LF would be able to crit like it used to and should be able to crit. If Pounce Worked in Mid-air, able to crit and with 1 sec delayed dmg like it used to (when you pounced to enemy AA dmg came before pounce dmg so CS would hit at the same time with pounce and if first AA and second AA After CS critted = One shotting.

If it all worked like that now WL dont need INC HD but im all for changing WL HD to Incoming. Though WL used to be MOST fun melee in any game ive played so i would rather take critting LF, pounce crits/Mid-air use possible again instead of inc HD. Imo it's insane that LF cant crit since Pet is the crit mechanic for WL and 13 pts petpath ability dont even crit lol.

Anyway all i meant by saying "only thing that matters" was about the Proc itself. I would love all old procs back like WL got 12% + Crit dmg/9% Crit proc in T4 epic quest. As did WP and many others + and tanks got Taunt proc in 2H wpns. I think it's interesting that Devastator/Duelist Conq/Domi and Vanq/Opp have best set bonuses for many classess. Now im missing old Overlord/Imperator set bonuses as well, why all of these great things got removed;/
But Leonine Frenzy is a proc why should a proc crit? If LF proc would be made able to crit than every other proc like witchbrew should be able to crit also. And I definitely don't want that :D

My point is simply that these HD procs are in place to compensate for destro abilities to HD
Witchbrew is 10 sec CD and doesnt require Pet and pet is the crit mechanic for WL. And LF has 30 sec CD. Of top of my head isnt HD's in game quite equally distributed? Like Mara has Inc 50% but requires tactic. WL has outgoing no tactic. And sorc has no HD but BW does. All other "mirrors" either have or dont have HD. Not counting Morales on this.
Until you look at the weapon procs. And personally they only thing that makes it OP/Unbalanced is the fact that is is AoE. Make it single target, no issue.
-= Agony =-

Gladiolix

Post#33 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:14 pm

OP asks about a tooltip and as an answer gets 4 pages of arguing about realm balance, jesus christ...
LEGION OF PERKELE
Shaman - Gladiolix (rr86)
Black Orc - Oomiestompa (rr85)
Squig Herder - Bluglog (rr85)
Choppa - Poliisi (rr84)

KoBS rr70+, BW rr70+, WP rr60+

Fenris78

Post#34 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:20 pm

Akalukz wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:47 pm M4 and a spec point. Not even remotely comparable. Anyone remember the DoK heal debuff nerf? Why was that? For those saying "math" we all know RoR/War math = almost always especially on AoE
There is a huge difference between a 25ft aoe with a 10% proc chance, and another with a 100% HD chance.

Again, with a 10% proc chance, even if you were able to hit 24 players at once (wich in reality would never happens unless you got Dragon gun (48 ft radius = 96 ft diameter) and a very packed WB), you will only debuff 2 random players on average...
And again, it's only half value of any other HD in the game, wont' stack with any other incoming HD (you cannot even use it to focus a specific player), it's random and need an average of 10s to be procced on a specific target, and is for all that matters far away from the Chosen's aura 100% uptime.

DoK AoE HD was nerfed because that was a skill that could effectively debuff 6-8 players at once every time ; that was utterly deadly in small-scale, and was clearly making a huge difference in large encounters, as soon you could hit 6-12 targets at once with multiple DoKs, with a 100% chance to HD on hit.

Stop trying to compare oranges and bananas, please.

And for that matters, you could do far better with 2H Choppa, who has access to 2 or 3 core AoE skills with both more range than WL ; why not taking upon RvR lakes with this weapon, if you find it so much effective ?

For all other classes, saving 2H slayer that also have access to multiple AoE skills, WP and IB are not really what we can consider AoE damaging classes, especially in WB vs WB fights, so access to this weapon is not really mattering much anyway...

Except for ranked, wich was uber toxic, and now a dead gamemode, Guile was not, and still isnt, a good proc to consider.
It's at best a small compensation for WL to not get access to regular ST HD, but I won't call the trade very fair because of it's random nature.

Lithenir

Post#35 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:25 pm

Akalukz wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:05 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:55 pm
Spoiler:

Until you look at the weapon procs. And personally they only thing that makes it OP/Unbalanced is the fact that is is AoE. Make it single target, no issue.
Funny thing is, it is only AoE if you use AoE skills :P
And even AoE build WL has what? Like 3 AoE skills :D

Cyrylius

Post#36 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:31 pm

No idea what's happening in this thread anymore, but magus bloodlord set last bonus is 25% healdebuff too. And magus can hit incomparably more players than a white lion.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

b00n

Post#37 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:57 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:31 pm No idea what's happening in this thread anymore, but magus bloodlord set last bonus is 25% healdebuff too. And magus can hit incomparably more players than a white lion.
you comparing a full set with a single item which also is stat strong

Fenris78

Post#38 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:59 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:31 pm No idea what's happening in this thread anymore, but magus bloodlord set last bonus is 25% healdebuff too. And magus can hit incomparably more players than a white lion.
Indeed.

And it's 7pcs Bloodlord bonus for Magus, Sorcerer and BW (but not Engineer), which makes whining about WL even more ridiculous...

Ads
Akalukz

Post#39 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:16 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:59 pm
Indeed.

And it's 7pcs Bloodlord bonus for Magus, Sorcerer and BW (but not Engineer), which makes whining about WL even more ridiculous...
Not really whining about the WL, more pointing out there there is a realm balance issue when only one side has easy access to such a powerful skill (proc). Genesis is entry-level gear for multiple classes and is available to primarily order classes with this. Seriously tho, look at the amount of defense going into protecting this no-value weapon proc. The reaction shows that it is indeed very valuable.
-= Agony =-

vanbuinen77

Post#40 » Fri Dec 02, 2022 9:17 pm

And that's not counting block/parry from overstacked Destro tanks and mdps, wich mean in practice proc will be even lower. /quote]

Procs arnt affected by avoidance.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman