Recent Topics

Ads

Purple seed disappeared

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
Cyrylius

Purple seed disappeared

Post#1 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:36 am

I recall there being similar threads before, but is there any way of getting a purple seed back if it disappeared during a crash? It used to be impossible, but in case there is any way of restoring it i'd really love to get it back.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Detangler

Re: Purple seed disappeared

Post#2 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:55 am

Every response I've seen has been nope. If it was a post from Wargrimnir, there was usually at least a medium amount of snark involved in the response.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

normanis

Post#3 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:07 am

purple seeds anyway are bugged , can cause login problems and they disapear after fix anyway so i dont bother to need on tham. guild mate has had lot problems with purple seed cant login need leave guild, byt u cant . so u need get kicked out ahhh just problems. and purple seed after all login mess still disapear.
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Cyrylius

Post#4 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:06 am

Detangler wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:55 am Every response I've seen has been nope. If it was a post from Wargrimnir, there was usually at least a medium amount of snark involved in the response.
That's what I remembered, but I still want to check whether anything changed since then
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Fenris78

Post#5 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:33 am

Sadly those are still bugged... :/

Hoping there will be a definitive solution to this issue in a foreseeable future.
In the meanwhile :
- preciously store your purple seeds,
- carefully put them in cultivation (not too long, never cultivate when lagging/big fights/server hiccup/etc.),
- always remove them manually before logging off, changing game settings or doing a /rel.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#6 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:32 pm

Cyrylius wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 9:06 am
Detangler wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:55 am Every response I've seen has been nope. If it was a post from Wargrimnir, there was usually at least a medium amount of snark involved in the response.
That's what I remembered, but I still want to check whether anything changed since then
We've since added standard boilerplate responses since people don't like human responses.

The ROR team does not replace or refund items, or reset quests or influence, among other similar requests. Bugs should be posted on the bugtracker, linked at the top of the forums.

Seeds disappearing may as well be an accepted game function for how often it happens to people over the past 5+ years, but no one can seem to replicate the issue and post it on the bugtracker.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Kpi

Post#7 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:09 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:32 pm
We've since added standard boilerplate responses since people don't like human responses.

The ROR team does not replace or refund items, or reset quests or influence, among other similar requests. Bugs should be posted on the bugtracker, linked at the top of the forums.

Seeds disappearing may as well be an accepted game function for how often it happens to people over the past 5+ years, but no one can seem to replicate the issue and post it on the bugtracker.
The seeds dissapear when they are on pots and there is a server crash/reset. It is reported a long time ago even with Videos https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19480

My wife and me lost 2 of them and always with servers crash or reset, never by client crash.

Maybe a way to buy it in NPC with a tome unlock can be a easy way to fix it, and looks like easy to implement
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#8 » Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:11 pm

Kpi wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:09 pm

The seeds dissapear when they are on pots and there is a server crash/reset. It is reported a long time ago even with Videos https://github.com/WarEmu/WarBugs/issues/19480

My wife and me lost 2 of them and always with servers crash or reset, never by client crash.

Maybe a way to buy it in NPC with a tome unlock can be a easy way to fix it, and looks like easy to implement
Maybe they shouldn't be infinite at all. Infinitely regenerating top tier consumables seems like a whole different balance problem.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Ads
Kpi

Post#9 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:57 am

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:11 pm

Maybe they shouldn't be infinite at all. Infinitely regenerating top tier consumables seems like a whole different balance problem.
Remove eternal purple seeds will make those who already have a stock of ingredients and liniments not sell them (or sell them 10 times more expensive than when the seed was eternal) and have a significant advantage over the rest, and it will cause impoverishment to all the players on the server by having to buy the ingredients at a much higher price.

And we already know what happens when there is a resource available to everyone and suddenly it is deleted.

I know the team is doing the best to keep the game alive, but the lost of purple seed don't affect only to the player who lost if, it affects to all the realm players who can buy the ingredients on the AH. So i think this is an important thing to fix in game.

I don't want you to take this as an attack on the team (I really admire you a lot), it's just an observation of a normal player.
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Aluviya

Post#10 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:31 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:11 pm

I've heard several times this is related to backpack overload. In fact I think the easiest solution for everyone involved here would be giving the player an alltime restoreable character- or accountbound seed via Account Entitlements. One could say finding a purple seed is really an accomplishment considering that I am leading weekly several quickruns on (1 Tank, 4 Dps, 1 Heal) for dungeons and have seen in the past 6 Months 3 Seeds only out of countless C&T, BB/BE and Gunbad runs. I'd bet there is no other player on this server that has done so many dungeons as I did in the past year. I'd really love to see this function be implemented also for other things such as cloaks and other not cruicial items from events - as over time, even with 2 Bankvaults I often find myself having to dispose things because of bankoverload.