Recent Topics

Ads

A suggestion to strengthen the role of 6man in the RvR campaign.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Phantasm

A suggestion to strengthen the role of 6man in the RvR campaign.

Post#1 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:42 pm

Little background:

The natural evolution of a RoR/WAR player is along the line of:

Solo - guild/warband - small scale - solo/Warband

In my opinion there are too many solo players with leech mentality (dominant side xrealming).

Back in the days, the 6man were a significant force in the RvR campaign thanks to tools like resolute defense, summoning stones, aoe cap 9 ppl, etc.

Click here to watch on YouTube

Click here to watch on YouTube

Now the role of the 6man comes down to gank, SCs and harassing pug WBs by stretching, kill and kite.
Spoiler:
*By 6man I mean any group 3+ having a tank dps and heal in its composition
My suggestion is to strengthen the role of 6man groups in everyday activities in the RvR zone.
Of course, there are some limitations that must be taken into account.
Obvious advantage of 6man is mobility and coordination power via discord.
  • Let 6man extend these skills and add to their use summoning stones, but limiting to must have heal + tank in the group composition - to avoid monothematic groups like WH/WE.
  • Another interesting feature can be a debuff effect on the enemy to aoe cap 3 targets for 20s. How to avoid it to being used in areas like fort gates is up to devs of course. Maybe form of item, proc, skill, pot or something else like Granted Ability for Party members - disabled for Warband groups.

Ads
Nameless

Re: A suggestion to strengthen the role of 6man in the RvR campaign.

Post#2 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:07 pm

As a member of the one of the first guilds using summoning stones on live I can tell you that they allow quite alot ground for abuse and unwanted useage. So I wouldnt introduce them.

Nowadays cos of pull meta and killboards smallscale at orvr do mostly zerg surfing. BOs insignificance doesnt help too.
To make 6 man more engaging at orvr I would start with dispersing the zerg by making bos matters more and introduce resolute defence available only for groups (unavailable being at wb). Without some sort of cc immunity 6 man are free rp
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz