Recent Topics

Ads

That is ridiculous...

Let's talk about... everything else
Martok

Re: That is ridiculous...

Post#11 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:41 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 3:50 pm1888 kills, 2 deaths on the monthly leader board for a sorc.

Don't get me wrong but not even the best player should have these kind of stats. It's a cloth wearing caster in the end that is supposed to be squishy.

You went too far.

You know I love this game and am thankful the server is here and I truly appreciate all the work which goes into it on the part of the Devs and GM staff which is why I attempt to return the favor by dedicating a portion of my time in direct support of all things Warhammer Return of Reckoning. We all owe the team here a measure of gratitude, no doubt.

Everything you have just read is true.

It is also true I raised this exact issue months ago. With video support. Apparently, and I am just making an observation based on a logical assumption, it isn't worth the time.

Someone curses in chat and that issue is addressed. But someone obviously corrupting the system in an attempt to drive as many players from the server as is possible because that is how they actually measure success and, IDK, just seems like something worth investigating to me.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
lumpi33

Post#12 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:44 pm

Topdude wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:26 pm Agreed. There's always a discrepancy between kill counts. Enemy, the Dev's party screen tally and the killboard, all display different counts.
As someone who has run killboard evaluations I can guarantee you that the killboard is correct.

Enemy is showing "death-blows" final killing blows. Kills on the killboard mean "most damage done to target", not final blow. That's the discrepancy you are seeing.

CyunUnderis

Post#13 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:59 pm

She is really good sorceress/player, playing really safe, often/always with a pocket heal, BiS and playing her class perfectly. That's it. Pretty sure she can do the same with BW/WE/WH.

Nothing wrong about it

lumpi33

Post#14 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:06 pm

CyunUnderis wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:59 pm She is really good sorceress/player, playing really safe, often/always with a pocket heal, BiS and playing her class perfectly. That's it. Pretty sure she can do the same with BW/WE/WH.

Nothing wrong about it
Do you think that she is the only good player in Bis with pocket heals and stuff? Pretty sure you can't do that on any other class. Pretty damn sure. Link ONE character from the killboard that is close to her.

Even sorcs like Mrglass that are also very very good have "only" a 30:1 ratio. Or Teefz with almost 50:1. These are already exceptional players. She has 153:1 all time and almost 1000:1 over the last month.

Nothing wrong about it? I doubt that.

lumpi33

Post#15 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:17 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:39 pm There are no other sorcs either with this ratio, so class balance doesn't matter here.
You should either ask "How is this possible?". What is her build? What is her gear? What is her group setup? Is something fishy going on? How comes that she is not dying?

Instead of just saying "no one else has that, class balance doesn't matter". Didn't engi get nerfed because of ONE engi having very high numbers in city? Well...

Bobbiom

Post#16 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:17 pm

It's a good player in a premade.
You can literally track the vast majority of the kills to be inside scenarios.
If it is a disfavorable match in the scenario, you could just leave the scenario, that simple.
Overall the player got 16401 kb's and 107 deaths.
I see no problem.

gebajger

Post#17 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:21 pm

He probably has a healer or 2. As long as the healers don't do damage, it will show as solokill.
Many of my 'solodeaths' on killboard are like that, zeal in the background staying out of range , not doing any damage.
As for the non solo kills, you can play it safe, always guarded, always healed and stay in keeps, warcamps....it's doable, just sounds boring.
Last edited by gebajger on Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rioz

lumpi33

Post#18 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:24 pm

gebajger wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:21 pm He probably has a healer or 2. As long as the healers don't do damage, it will show as solokill.
Many of my 'solodeaths' on killboard are like that, zeal in the background staying out of range , not doing any damage.
We are not even talking about solo kills.

Ads
CyunUnderis

Post#19 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:25 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:06 pm Do you think that she is the only good player in Bis with pocket heals and stuff? Pretty sure you can't do that on any other class. Pretty damn sure. Link ONE character from the killboard that is close to her.

Even sorcs like Mrglass that are also very very good have "only" a 30:1 ratio. Or Teefz with almost 50:1. These are already exceptional players. She has 153:1 all time and almost 1000:1 over the last month.

Nothing wrong about it? I doubt that.
She plays a lot more than them, a good part when EU is asleep and she has a very safe way to play. If she thinks the fight will be lost, she will not give it a try. If she sees an escape, she will take it. She is a really good player that doesn't want to die at all.

If we had more players approaching her level, we wouldn't have this kind of post on the server, where people think that players are either cheating or that they are playing too strong classes, without questioning oneself about his own gameplay.

lemao

Post#20 » Sun Dec 04, 2022 6:40 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:21 pm
lemao wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 4:36 pm Its not rly hard to accomplish if you are a decent player, queue pug scs with a healer all day and farm kills, if the enemy has decent players who could kill you, play close to your spawn or dont leave the spawn at all.
That's not true. The best players so far had something like 10:1 or maybe 20:1 kill:death ratio. That sorc has 944:1.

It's a premade player. Still, the other premade players don't have that ratio.

I think the problem of this lies way deeper. They bufffed here, nerfed there but at some point lost the risk/reward and advantage/disadvantage ratio every class should have. Some classes and synergies are incredible strong, others are complete garbage. That sorc doing almost 1000:1 is just the tip of the iceberg showing off that they can basically nullify their risk when playing in the right class in the right setup. It's not only this sorc. I've seen warbands that rarely ever die farming others for hours. It's not much different.
When you only queue for pug scs when prime time is over, where most organised and skilled players queue for the pug sc, it´s really not hard to accomplish when you are a skilled player yourself. Sorc is the easiest class to secure deathblows aswell because of timestamping. So no , it´s really not that surprising, basically every unguarded enemy is a guaranteed deathblow for the killboard.