Recent Topics

Ads

Official Pie Week Feedback thread

Let's talk about... everything else
shrredhn

Re: Official Pie Week Feedback thread

Post#11 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:51 am

Martok wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:10 am
shrredhn wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:09 amAh yes the 5minutes you had to spend in nordland killed the event. :roll:

For me it did. Why that bothers you is the mystery.
I feel ya. I once had to go to altdorf to access my bank. Took 5minutes. Was a real pain and really ruined the experience.

Ads
SuperStar

Post#12 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:09 am

Spoiler:
Rubius wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am Hi everyone!

Pie Week has officially come to a close, and as the Halflings leave the cities in the next day or two, we'd like to hear from the community while your ideas are still fresh!

Specifically, we'd like to know:

---
1. What did you like most about the event?

2. Any things you didn't like, or found too difficult?

3. Are there any event specifics you'd like to see updated or changed if Pie Week returns next year?

---

You can post all answers on this thread so the team is able to read them directly. Thanks for your time, your feedback, and we hope you all had a fun time baking!
1. pies, slanesh quarter
2. Mount and anything except pies and slanesh quarter
3. pies, slanesh quarter

I dont like these new wave 🐖🐷 🐑🐏 🦌 mounts and all the cute ish things at all.

I love the Warhammer world coz everbody is cool, (even the dwarfs).

Thes new mounts are not cool at all. They reminds me korean mmos. And now i have to see them too long.

We need the cool mounts and we need destro and order mounts if its possible.

Thes cutie mounts are fun for a week but not a month or half year :(

I would like perma mounts if they are lore friendly-ish and cool.

I remeber the first Halloween events thats was the right direction. We fought against zombies we had world mini bosses good interesting grimdark story it was epic. With cool and epic rewards.

Also we dont like to go t1 its kill the tactics the binds and its not good.
Make its enjoyable.
Just reduce the stats make a cap. But not abuse the tactics and abilities.

Also kinda strange coz we dont get any penalty in t2 i dont see the point at all.

The pies were very good idea lot of stong lini and finally one hour now we need the ranked back to use them.

You should make far more alternative apprentices, i dont know maybe its not possible or too hard.
But iam bored the cloaks.
If you cant do new appearances let us use the same race armors as alternative appearances and make them chooseable event rewards.

Orks
Elfes
Gobbos
Humans
Dwarfs

Make an option and we can turn off the friendly player alternative appearances too so nobody can complain about it.

Maybe some good taste and sense of style needed but imo the best the freedom and let us use all of armor pieces as alternative appearances. Who dont like it turn it off.

If you watch the game industry the skins are important and very liked things let it happen.

Ps: where can i get warp gate dye?

Snowhawk

Post#13 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:36 am

my most important wish for all events would be: fewer tasks in scenarios!!!
it's just cruel to be forced into the scenarios.

Especially the task of winning 5 scenarios is horrible.
or at the morr event: kill the scenarios boss OMG

one can often only cry.

BluIzLucky

Post#14 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:59 am

Really liked the real baking competition :)
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Fenris78

Post#15 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:30 am

I liked :

- Originality of concept, use of Altdorf war quarter wich was finally pleasing to the eyes, instead of the usually empty and cold stony place,

- halflings and the mini-zoo (cute :p )

- New 60 min liniments

I liked less :

Talabec Dam scenario tasks were OK, thus having to "use" quest item while standing near the mill was unclear (I tried to jump into building to get access to the milling tools :/ ).

Reikland Hill tasks (10 vine baskets with cast timer) were horrible ; I suspect many players wont bother with this, as the completion is near to impossible if your team is not stomping enemy, and yet you have to remove yourself from the game for far too long, wich can prove fatal to your team (especially if you are support class, or the only of your kind amongst the team).

My recommendation is to always make those tasks "instant click", because otherwise the 3-5s cast timer is not going to make it for most players.

About rewards, trophies and cloaks are OK but I guess many players on both sides would love some variety ; many rewards (including mounts) are indeed unique, but are also not very fitting for many characters style.
There should be at least, one "Order-looking" cosmetic reward, and one "Destru-looking" cosmetic reward (maybe that was the case, not playing Destro).

Pies are fine, but they could have been all "new" liniments, instead of being half of them a 60 min version of existing ones, thus I understand for some who dislike PvE content it could be more convenient.

The thing I disliked the most was the non-equiprobable loot from Halfling baskets (i.e. every food item should have been dropped by same % chance, and I suspect some like Spices and Rum, for some reason, were totally not).
If you want to encourage trading between players, making 2 ingredients much rarer is clearly not the correct solution... :p

Things to improve for next events :

- Increase food from 2 to 3 per basket (some players were unlucky on drops),
- make food drop equiprobable on all ingredients,
- decrease number of pies (only new effects, existing liniments are already very easy to craft)
- Decrease price of Oak Wood (14 to 10 shillings), and make it the only option for Pie multiplier ; it was very confusing having 4 pie merchants, when 2 would have been enough, and it was not very efficient crafting by 2 or 3 at a time (for the price taken),
- make shillings account-bound for people wanting to play efficiently (being "stuck" on one character for all event really sucks).
- Detail more clearly Apple Games (possible rewards, rules for resetting winning apple etc.) to not make it a complete waste of money and time.

Caduceus

Post#16 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:32 am

SuperStar wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:09 am

I dont like these new wave 🐖🐷 🐑🐏 🦌 mounts and all the cute ish things at all.

I love the Warhammer world coz everbody is cool, (even the dwarfs).

Thes new mounts are not cool at all. They reminds me korean mmos. And now i have to see them too long.

We need the cool mounts and we need destro and order mounts if its possible.

Thes cutie mounts are fun for a week but not a month or half year :(

I would like perma mounts if they are lore friendly-ish and cool.

I didn't mention it in my post, but I do agree with the sentiment expressed here.

Silly mounts are funny, but perhaps those shouldn't have such long durations, and reserve long durations for mounts that are a little more lore-friendly.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

wonshot

Post#17 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:53 am

Any event that gives event-loot on playerkills manages to refule additional motivation for me to log my "mains" and not work on alts, so really appreaciate that aspect whenever its added during events!
Bopping for apples was fine imho, grinded the two companions on the fireclown as he is my "collector"
The pve or pvp quest was also fine tbh. The reward is one or more months of a critchance eventslot item, so worth any hassle.

The liniments should maybe have had a trade-in npc for lowlevels to complete the event with only one pie working for lowbies, but i guess playertrading could tecnically cover that.

Overall no complaints, was fun with something new to do or a while. Refreshing touch with baking and new liniment stat combinations, and good to see more goldsinks into a game that heavily needs more useages for gold.

8/10
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Scottx125

Post#18 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:13 am

Martok wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:10 am
shrredhn wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:09 amAh yes the 5minutes you had to spend in nordland killed the event. :roll:

For me it did. Why that bothers you is the mystery.
For me, it wasn't a massive deal. But when everything is in altdorf or elsewhere and then you get sent to a random area back in T1 for 5 minutes to have to go all the way back is just bad design imo. If they had fleshed it out more in the T1 zone it might have been ok.
Fenris78 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:30 am Reikland Hill tasks (10 vine baskets with cast timer) were horrible ; I suspect many players wont bother with this, as the completion is near to impossible if your team is not stomping enemy, and yet you have to remove yourself from the game for far too long, wich can prove fatal to your team (especially if you are support class, or the only of your kind amongst the team).
You know you could have just waited for the SC to be over to interact with everything?
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
bradbury111

Post#19 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:11 am

didnt the event on the weekly sc part, but was fun seeing players trading stuff and was refreshing to see something more colorful for a while; I would like to see event mounts only for order and ones only destro.

Aluviya

Post#20 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 12:21 pm

Rubius wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am 1. What did you like most about the event?
  • Although this event was not about the collection of ressources in the world - it was very close to it, I'd love to see this idea unfolded even more.
---
Rubius wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am
2. Any things you didn't like, or found too difficult?
Balance is a very fragile construct in this game. The introduction of new liniments and/or consumeables that can only be aquired in an event will most likely harm some aspects in the game :
  • small scale pvp -- Here you'd always want the best possible liniments and consumeables - not having them on the other hand can cost you a victory over your enemies. I do like the idea of new liniments, don't get me wrong. But having a liniment with +5 % Healcrit, 60 Wounds is just way way more superior than 50 Healpower 60 Wounds. Consumeables like "Haakt" which we've seen in the prior event are simply broken.
  • overall ingame economy -- People selling regular consumeables are doomed to sit out events like this or are even forced to take out the offer as they won't sell for quite a long time. While trades are allowed and even encouraged, players that already have a fortune or a lot of time can buy/grind important ingredients like Oak Wood in this event and can get even richer by selling these rare liniments at a later time or stash a lifetime supply.
  • elitist gaming encouraged -- Events like this are the times when veterans that usually don't play return back to the game to grind event scenarios in premades- forcing PUGs, in order to finish event influence quests, into a pretty harsh and frustrating game experience while facing them. Of course one could/would say they could create a party on their own but let's face it - you can't compensate years of experience in this game just by building a "premade" yourself that consists out of other pugs. I am pretty convinced that events are - despite raising the overall population for a little time- harming the aquisition of entirely new players.

---
Rubius wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:27 am
3. Are there any event specifics you'd like to see updated or changed if Pie Week returns next year?
  • Changes should be made adressing the problems of 2.