Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] - How to target?

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
bittrio

[Shaman] - How to target?

Post#1 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:25 pm

I just downloaded the game and started playing after playing back in the day when this game first came out.

Questions for Shamans.

Is this guide viable? viewtopic.php?t=41127&sid=ad54b54340ccd ... 625a58fbb5

How do I best target both enemies to damage and teammates to heal without having to click on characters?

How do I get gear? I have these War Crests from pvp, but don't know how/where to trade them. Should I get gear or just hoard these until max level? I'm lvl 6 now and I have no gear.

I jumped into the game and started making videos on youtube https://www.youtube.com/@Bittrio/videos any help is appreciated.
Last edited by bittrio on Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
Cyrylius

Re: Shaman - How to target?

Post#2 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:47 am

Gameplay part is up to date, gearing part is outdated: we had currency unification a while ago and getting gold bags in zones is of less importance. You can spend them in t1 pvp warcamp in nordland for your current level or in inevitable city southmost part, undercroft (red coloured area on the map, if my memory serves). About spending them two schools, in my opinion t1 set cost is so low you can buy it and it will not make your late game gearing slower. In undercroft you will also find normal gear vendors who can sell you green gear for all levels, which is pretty close to pvp gear, and if you fancy doing PQs pve sets are generally solid before endgame.

Enemy addon is generally considered to be the best healgrid around. For enemies tab targeting them is still likely the only options unless you have someone to assist off (addon for that is swift assist). Between those two in optimal situation you should never have to actually click chars in game, and if you still have issues bind "target nearest enemy/ally" and use them instead.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

BluIzLucky

Re: Shaman - How to target?

Post#3 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:31 am

How to target both?

I do mostly Tab to target cycle enemies (and ~ to target nearest) and clicking to select heal target (enemy/Pure/VenyUI addon), you can set up hotkeys to target your team members, but I'd stick to just clicking.
Will click enemies as well when it's either hard to tab to the right target or not much is happening healwise.
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Toggle

Re: [Shaman] - How to target?

Post#4 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:44 pm

If you’re asking how to use FotG effectively, in organized groups, target the MA w/ SwiftAssist addon and use them as your defensive target when you cast. Best case scenario, everyone is grouped up on that MA. In unorganized stuff, I tend to target a mDPS (clicking) that has people grouped up around them that need heals.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

bittrio

Re: [Shaman] - How to target?

Post#5 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:45 am

ty for the replies