Recent Topics

Ads

Please 'fix' City instances. Enough is enough.

Let's talk about... everything else
WaaaghBoy88

Please 'fix' City instances. Enough is enough.

Post#1 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:11 pm

I spent as of today, the last hour and a half watching my Warband leader on Destro, try to form a warband for the last 30 minutes before City defense. We had everything, except tanks. No one was asking to join, everyone bluntly stated they either wanted a 12 man or to go solo. We barely reached 13 players. And even so, no tanks were asking for invites in the chat.

Then, after disbanding the warband because we couldn't meet our quota, me and some people who were left over ended up Solo Queing, and the result?

>10 tanks.
>14 dps
>0 healers

This was beyond insulting. This was evidential of how bad an instance can be. Oh, don't worry, Order came royally dashing in with a premade zerg as they always do. It wasn't even a slaughter, it was just sad and pathetic. That other players would rather just solo que and screw over the decent, hardworking players who want to cooperate and coordinate for success. And you ask how is that the conclusion I come to? Because not a single one of these tanks, except my Warband leader's alt, wasn't grouped with anyone. There was NO coordination. There was NO communication. Just a gaggle of laughing heads remarking on how bad things could be. The worst part? Half of the groupless rejects who joined left right after taking a single look at the roster. Like somehow, this was supposed to be a surprise for them. Like "no one could see that one coming".
So I propose this. It's time the dev's recognized the importance and severity of City Instances. And recognize, honestly admit, that they were supposed to primarily Endgame Content. Which means that it's a highroller's stakes match, that not just anyone can waltz in without any semblance of knowing what to do. Because that's all is happening with Destro. The last time I saw an order pug, was 3 months ago. And it was a latenight city, at that. So that means literally...nothing.

So frankly, this is what I am asking of the dev's, to review this thread and respectfully consider the following. Though I would be lying if I said I am not making a demand; This game needs the City's 'gatekeeped'. Full warbands, half warbands, or sixmans allowed in. ONLY. No one else. No more solo queing. This would fix Cities in the entirety. It would no longer be reasonable to accuse failure on the system of RNG, but skill. Coordination, competence and strategizing. Cities aren't some FFA battlearena for everyone to go smash their heads in out of boredom, of which many people I've spoken to have openly admit they view City for that specific activity. It's for literally AN ARMY VERSUS AN ARMY. That was what it was designed for.

Why should Destruction deserve to partake in ANYTHING if they are unwilling to work for it? And if Destruction can't organize proper warbands and groups to partake in the activity...how is that Order's fault? Or the dev's fault? No. The evidence is obvious who.

PS: Renul, Santiago. You did good, boys. Sadly, it wasn't enough.

Ads
Telther

Re: Please 'fix' City instances. Enough is enough.

Post#2 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:32 pm

Ooooooooo this ought to be good! 🤣🤣

🍿🍿🍿

Tanski

Post#3 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:11 pm

Don’t agree with removing solo que.

But have noticed a lot of 6 man’s miss pops and have to look for another to form 12, so if you could fix that it would be nice :) .
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

TakaTiki

Post#4 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:19 pm

Hey,

I believe you just got that ONE really unlucky soloq matchmake.. Destro still won city today and past one and so on for abit now. So i believe destro can definately make good premades.... Its nice to always get a pop as solo queue isnt it tho ?

For me personally, Ive queued 6man order for 3 city now and one of our 6man left before even the first fight becasue they saw XXXX players in the ennemy team. no penality what so ever for them.

So yeah it sucks... but it is what it is...

tazdingo

Post#5 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:50 am

until they fix snb tanks not being able to properly pug mt then its a job nobody wants to do... way more fun just to soloq in dps spec. you get yelled at less and all the interesting stuff is 2h locked these days anyway. just look at /5

Tuxedo013

Post#6 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:18 am

tazdingo wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:50 am until they fix snb tanks not being able to properly pug mt then its a job nobody wants to do... way more fun just to soloq in dps spec. you get yelled at less and all the interesting stuff is 2h locked these days anyway. just look at /5
Once upon a time we had a holy trinity cycle of "Tank>Dps>Heal", nowdays we have a pyramid of "Tank<DPS>Heal". Snb tanks are only viable in a full turtle spec to survive a saturated atack on a guarded target but that can be boring after a while. So going 2h gives at least a bit of a challenge cause it involves more positioning, maiming and peeling off to give your heals a breathing room. Played an snb kotbs a year ago as a part of a guild, was there on demand and had a very good city fights in org wbs back when city ran on royals. However after a 2 months of industrialized trash guild play i got bored and knight being utter trash as 2h i left it to rot!

valadorn5

Post#7 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:18 am

I was in the same city, confirming everything that the OP states. The discussions about not allowing to queue as pug started with the new mode of scheduled cities. It is quite relevant and I don't know if technically is too difficult or time consuming for devs to take care of it.

In my opinion it would be perfect if pugs were allowed but:
  • matchmaking should work to match them only with opponent pugs
  • barely 2/2/2 should be accomplished on both sides so a minimum game experience could be established.
If those two won't be covered then the instance won't pop. So if you queue as pug you will know that there is a great possibility to not get pop and therefore people will be pressed to join premades while not restricting their freedom to queue as pug. What I propose is something like the discordant sc for city, a mode that is quite successful as you know.

bradbury111

Post#8 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:34 am

Maybe some of those tanks didnt join bacause didn't pass the requirements.

Is the blame shifting from not grouping up to not hardcore enough?

Ads
Pinrri

Post#9 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:40 am

valadorn5 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 6:18 am I was in the same city, confirming everything that the OP states. The discussions about not allowing to queue as pug started with the new mode of scheduled cities. It is quite relevant and I don't know if technically is too difficult or time consuming for devs to take care of it.

In my opinion it would be perfect if pugs were allowed but:
  • matchmaking should work to match them only with opponent pugs
  • barely 2/2/2 should be accomplished on both sides so a minimum game experience could be established.
If those two won't be covered then the instance won't pop. So if you queue as pug you will know that there is a great possibility to not get pop and therefore people will be pressed to join premades while not restricting their freedom to queue as pug. What I propose is something like the discordant sc for city, a mode that is quite successful as you know.
My opinion is similar, you could do exactly what you say, match only premade vs premade and pugs vs pugs, and pugs form only 2-2-2 groups, this would improve the level of gameplay/fun in exchange for fewer city instances

bradbury111 wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:34 am Maybe some of those tanks didnt join bacause didn't pass the requirements.

Is the blame shifting from not grouping up to not hardcore enough?
Rank 60+ its not a hardcore requeriment.

Fontaami

Post#10 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 9:14 am

For anyone interested :mrgreen:
https://imgur.com/a/kH3LWGp
Volo ergo sum