Recent Topics

Ads

Please 'fix' City instances. Enough is enough.

Let's talk about... everything else
Dackjanielz

Re: Please 'fix' City instances. Enough is enough.

Post#21 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:34 pm

Morradin is entirely correct and i salute his post.
The best way to enjoy cities is to not play cities - Why? - Because they are not fun. Why? - Because they are full of elitists looking for easy kills.

i will play cities again when they are enjoyable to do so.
My advice is to make them more like a fortress, just a big open city with everyone smashing each other to bits in the streets, ideally with a population cap so we don't end up with a land of the dead problem.

If you feel like throwing rocks at me and telling me how wrong i am, sure go ahead, ill just go back to RVR and enjoy that instead. :D
No worries!

Ads
lemao

Post#22 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:43 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:34 pm Morradin is entirely correct and i salute his post.
The best way to enjoy cities is to not play cities - Why? - Because they are not fun. Why? - Because they are full of elitists looking for easy kills.

My advice is to make them more like a fortress, just a big open city with everyone smashing each other to bits in the streets, ideally with a population cap so we don't end up with a land of the dead problem.

If you feel like throwing rocks at me and telling me how wrong i am, sure go ahead, ill just go back to RVR and enjoy that instead. :D
No worries!
I like how everything closely organised is being called as "elitist" nowdays. Everything else besides solo queueing is called elitist nowdays.
People who soloq and expect to win the majority of their city instances deserve to be farmed for putting in 0 effort, especially when they cry about it on the forum.

Dackjanielz

Post#23 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:06 pm

lemao wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:43 pm
Dackjanielz wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:34 pm Morradin is entirely correct and i salute his post.

No worries!
I like how everything closely organised is being called as "elitist" nowdays. Everything else besides solo queueing is called elitist nowdays.
People who soloq and expect to win the majority of their city instances deserve to be farmed for putting in 0 effort, especially when they cry about it on the forum.
I am not crying, i am laughing - Nice rock! thanks! :D

Stinkyweed

Post#24 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:15 pm

I pugged that city instance on my healer and won...my first city in MANY months. Thank you random SC que for the fair balance of tanks, dps, and healers.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

lemao

Post#25 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:19 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:06 pm
lemao wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 3:43 pm

No worries!
I am not crying, i am laughing - Nice rock! thanks! :D
Good for you then ! Gl in RVR :D

Emissary
Community Management

Post#26 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:36 pm

WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:11 pm Why should Destruction deserve to partake in ANYTHING if they are unwilling to work for it? And if Destruction can't organize proper warbands and groups to partake in the activity...how is that Order's fault? Or the dev's fault? No. The evidence is obvious who.

Destruction has won 17 of the last 26 city matches in the month of December, I think they deserve to partake in the battles, lol.

As far as solo pugging, I am for whatever gets more people into content. Not being able to form a 6/12/18/24 organized wb isn't the devs fault so the argument is mute on that end.
"Courage, Honor, Loyalty, Sacrifice. You're braver than you think."

Watch me on Twitch!!!

Amdus

Post#27 » Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:05 pm

Spoiler:
WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:11 pm I spent as of today, the last hour and a half watching my Warband leader on Destro, try to form a warband for the last 30 minutes before City defense. We had everything, except tanks. No one was asking to join, everyone bluntly stated they either wanted a 12 man or to go solo. We barely reached 13 players. And even so, no tanks were asking for invites in the chat.

Then, after disbanding the warband because we couldn't meet our quota, me and some people who were left over ended up Solo Queing, and the result?

>10 tanks.
>14 dps
>0 healers

This was beyond insulting. This was evidential of how bad an instance can be. Oh, don't worry, Order came royally dashing in with a premade zerg as they always do. It wasn't even a slaughter, it was just sad and pathetic. That other players would rather just solo que and screw over the decent, hardworking players who want to cooperate and coordinate for success. And you ask how is that the conclusion I come to? Because not a single one of these tanks, except my Warband leader's alt, wasn't grouped with anyone. There was NO coordination. There was NO communication. Just a gaggle of laughing heads remarking on how bad things could be. The worst part? Half of the groupless rejects who joined left right after taking a single look at the roster. Like somehow, this was supposed to be a surprise for them. Like "no one could see that one coming".
So I propose this. It's time the dev's recognized the importance and severity of City Instances. And recognize, honestly admit, that they were supposed to primarily Endgame Content. Which means that it's a highroller's stakes match, that not just anyone can waltz in without any semblance of knowing what to do. Because that's all is happening with Destro. The last time I saw an order pug, was 3 months ago. And it was a latenight city, at that. So that means literally...nothing.

So frankly, this is what I am asking of the dev's, to review this thread and respectfully consider the following. Though I would be lying if I said I am not making a demand; This game needs the City's 'gatekeeped'. Full warbands, half warbands, or sixmans allowed in. ONLY. No one else. No more solo queing. This would fix Cities in the entirety. It would no longer be reasonable to accuse failure on the system of RNG, but skill. Coordination, competence and strategizing. Cities aren't some FFA battlearena for everyone to go smash their heads in out of boredom, of which many people I've spoken to have openly admit they view City for that specific activity. It's for literally AN ARMY VERSUS AN ARMY. That was what it was designed for.

Why should Destruction deserve to partake in ANYTHING if they are unwilling to work for it? And if Destruction can't organize proper warbands and groups to partake in the activity...how is that Order's fault? Or the dev's fault? No. The evidence is obvious who.

PS: Renul, Santiago. You did good, boys. Sadly, it wasn't enough.
Categorically NO.
Nobody forced anyone to queue as solo, you did it on your own will and aware of the possible consequences. Getting that setup was a consequence of going solo. If you didn't see that as a possible outcome... I have bad news for you.

WaaaghBoy88

Post#28 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:36 am

Morradin wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:18 pm To OP
Hate to break the news to you, the majority of players just want to have fun, and not be responsible for YOU to have a good city experience. Also, 99% of the time pugs will always be matched against premades. It is like that is sc's as well.
Getting rid of solo Q will not help anything at all. Not for you anyway, since you are the type to demand others to play your way and insure that you have a good time.

Lastly ... neither you will never stop a huge part of the population from playing solo or joining only pug overflow wb. And your attitude is the main reason. YOU are to blame for people not playing organized wb.
Who wants to play with a demanding player like you? I quote you. "Coordination, competence and strategizing".
And then we have this prize of a statement, "Why should Destruction deserve to partake in ANYTHING if they are unwilling to work for it? And if Destruction can't organize proper warbands and groups to partake in the activity...how is that Order's fault? Or the dev's fault? No. The evidence is obvious who."
YOU, the evidence is obvious, you and people like you demanding perfection from other players, is the big problem. IT IS A GAME!!! You think other players owe you or anyone obedience? Get over yourself. Your entire post is nothing but toxicity.

I play for ME. Not for you, or anyone else. And a lot of other players feel as I do, and always will.
Oh, this is delicious. You want to play a socially communicative-centric game with no care and regard to the fact the only way to achieve any success is in organizing, by shoving your head in the sand in abject denial? That's great. Good for you. Go play something else then that meets your focus, then. I'm certain PVDoor will give you the satisfaction you need to feel competent.

On Topic: I think some people understood my point, and other's did not.

The fact of the matter, is that the situation is really "a glass half full or half empty" kind of debacle. Yes, we could let things continue on their stumbling merry way and pretend there is no problem, but in the last five city instances, 2 of those I had victory in. Would you like to know the secret to those successes?

Premade Groups. Fully functioning, organized-teamplay with communication. *GASP*!

HOW COULD THIS BE? Oh, trust me. You'd love to see it in action some time if you're a destro player, here and there. It's enough to make a full grown man cry. Infact, only within the last year alone (I kept a tally), I only ever encountered 2 order pugs, out of 8 order-guild warbands. (I applied for more cities than that, but sometimes the system won't let you in despite queing the second the system allows you to. It's rather frustrating.) These were always late EU-hour City Raids this happened in, so it didn't surprise it happened though to witness the sight was astounding. Now tell me, how often do you see organized destro warbands compared to pugs? It's rather hilarious. Even in some of the people's posts sharing the scoreboard ratings, it's an obvious 1/5 ratio.

And as for this sickening Order stunty post, of which I can smell the cope and salt leaking from its pores, I didn't write this post as to draw in the kinds of people who took personal offense to being told they are in the wrong by holding others back. So all I can do is laugh at them.

Oh, I am in full accountability by the fact I am fully aware not even I could participate in a City Instance because I am not grouped with anyone.

That's the point, Mr. Anderson.

Ads
WaaaghBoy88

Post#29 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:37 am

Amdus wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 5:05 pm
Spoiler:
WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:11 pm I spent as of today, the last hour and a half watching my Warband leader on Destro, try to form a warband for the last 30 minutes before City defense. We had everything, except tanks. No one was asking to join, everyone bluntly stated they either wanted a 12 man or to go solo. We barely reached 13 players. And even so, no tanks were asking for invites in the chat.

Then, after disbanding the warband because we couldn't meet our quota, me and some people who were left over ended up Solo Queing, and the result?

>10 tanks.
>14 dps
>0 healers

This was beyond insulting. This was evidential of how bad an instance can be. Oh, don't worry, Order came royally dashing in with a premade zerg as they always do. It wasn't even a slaughter, it was just sad and pathetic. That other players would rather just solo que and screw over the decent, hardworking players who want to cooperate and coordinate for success. And you ask how is that the conclusion I come to? Because not a single one of these tanks, except my Warband leader's alt, wasn't grouped with anyone. There was NO coordination. There was NO communication. Just a gaggle of laughing heads remarking on how bad things could be. The worst part? Half of the groupless rejects who joined left right after taking a single look at the roster. Like somehow, this was supposed to be a surprise for them. Like "no one could see that one coming".
So I propose this. It's time the dev's recognized the importance and severity of City Instances. And recognize, honestly admit, that they were supposed to primarily Endgame Content. Which means that it's a highroller's stakes match, that not just anyone can waltz in without any semblance of knowing what to do. Because that's all is happening with Destro. The last time I saw an order pug, was 3 months ago. And it was a latenight city, at that. So that means literally...nothing.

So frankly, this is what I am asking of the dev's, to review this thread and respectfully consider the following. Though I would be lying if I said I am not making a demand; This game needs the City's 'gatekeeped'. Full warbands, half warbands, or sixmans allowed in. ONLY. No one else. No more solo queing. This would fix Cities in the entirety. It would no longer be reasonable to accuse failure on the system of RNG, but skill. Coordination, competence and strategizing. Cities aren't some FFA battlearena for everyone to go smash their heads in out of boredom, of which many people I've spoken to have openly admit they view City for that specific activity. It's for literally AN ARMY VERSUS AN ARMY. That was what it was designed for.

Why should Destruction deserve to partake in ANYTHING if they are unwilling to work for it? And if Destruction can't organize proper warbands and groups to partake in the activity...how is that Order's fault? Or the dev's fault? No. The evidence is obvious who.

PS: Renul, Santiago. You did good, boys. Sadly, it wasn't enough.
Categorically NO.
Nobody forced anyone to queue as solo, you did it on your own will and aware of the possible consequences. Getting that setup was a consequence of going solo. If you didn't see that as a possible outcome... I have bad news for you.
Do you think I had a choice?
I WAS IN A WARBAND. THE COMMUNITY REFUSED TO COOPERATE AND FILL THE WARBAND. WE COULD HAVE HAD A FIGHTING CHANCE IF THEY HAD.
DID YOU EVEN READ THE POST?

WaaaghBoy88

Post#30 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:41 am

Emissary wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 4:36 pm
WaaaghBoy88 wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:11 pm Why should Destruction deserve to partake in ANYTHING if they are unwilling to work for it? And if Destruction can't organize proper warbands and groups to partake in the activity...how is that Order's fault? Or the dev's fault? No. The evidence is obvious who.

Destruction has won 17 of the last 26 city matches in the month of December, I think they deserve to partake in the battles, lol.

As far as solo pugging, I am for whatever gets more people into content. Not being able to form a 6/12/18/24 organized wb isn't the devs fault so the argument is mute on that end.
Oh, is that so? 17 out of 26. So nine losses.
How much would you like to bet those victories were Warband v Warband, or Pug v Pug?