Recent Topics

Ads

Instanced PvP should be completely gear neutral.

Let's talk about... everything else
Duukar

Instanced PvP should be completely gear neutral.

Post#1 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:19 am

Why would Instanced PvP keep and promote gear imblance having such a huge impact on outcomes?

We should all come in wearing the same level gear and the outcome should be determined by skill and coordination. Of course there will always be the elephant in the room of certain SCs being an amazing advantage for one side over the other until they balance the game.

City and SC content should be normalized gear wise and oRvR should be gear dependant. OMG I could bring an alt to city or into SCs without being a massive liability then. Would be nice to have the boot lifted off our throats.

There is already a bolster mechanic in the game. Bolster all instanced PvP content up to full sov shouldnt be hard.

Ads
havartii

Re: Instanced PvP should be completely gear neutral.

Post#2 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:50 am

I would really enjoy a gw2 style of instanced scenarios, skill matters. Go to the lakes if you want to flex your gear. Or at least have an option to choose, try it for a month, I will bet my sov that your wait times will be way faster in matches with normalized gear.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Stinkyweed

Post#3 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 7:30 am

Make Ranked like this, all other SCs gear dependant.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

SuperStar

Post#4 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:07 am

I really support the idea to make the gear free and everybody can start with rr80.

And the rewards only cosmetics and achievement s.

This is the new wave amd this is the good way.

This is a great idea <3

Ps: Im serious

Waaghtastic

Post#5 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:29 am

SuperStar wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:07 am I really support the idea to make the gear free and everybody can start with rr80.

This is a great idea <3

Here we go again...

I agree that a gear independent way of pvp would be quite interesting and nice (for some people).
However I assume that implementing anything like this in the current game without making it a completely new and optional way of pvp would cause a major split between the community.
Gear and character progression is a core mechanism of this and many other mmos and after many hours well spent into the game making all this character progress not worthy anymore will upset many players (including me up to some point).

A special "equalized skirmish" next to the discordant skirmish would be an option I could imagine.

eerytraveler

Post#6 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:28 am

Under lvl40 you can max any chars stats with minimal effort. There does seem to be a huge gap with new 40s queueing sc.

Game needs to apply a bolster to their char if theyre under rr65 or 70. Then more new 40s would queue, they'd rank up quicker and not need the bolster to be competitive.

dysfori

Post#7 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:19 pm

Gear does matter, but I don't think it matter in the overhauling sense that some seem to believe. If everyone gets everything from the moment they start the game, or whatever they get doesn't matter, what do I aim for then?
I do enjoy competitive PvP, but also enjoy the ride and the satisfaction of gaining better gear. I might be conservative in that sense but taking away the gear progression would, in my eyes, hurt the game more than it would help it.

Having it in ranked could be interesting for sure.

Omegus

Post#8 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:25 pm

Duukar wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 12:19 am Why would Instanced PvP keep and promote gear imblance having such a huge impact on outcomes?

We should all come in wearing the same level gear and the outcome should be determined by skill and coordination. Of course there will always be the elephant in the room of certain SCs being an amazing advantage for one side over the other until they balance the game.

City and SC content should be normalized gear wise and oRvR should be gear dependant. OMG I could bring an alt to city or into SCs without being a massive liability then. Would be nice to have the boot lifted off our throats.

There is already a bolster mechanic in the game. Bolster all instanced PvP content up to full sov shouldnt be hard.
Instanced PVP has never been its own game mode, and originally fed into the RVR campaign as well. I'd actually much rather that system come back and the two integrated more tightly than introduce a game mode completely seperate from the rest of the content.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
Whyumadbro

Post#9 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:42 pm

SuperStar wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:07 am I really support the idea to make the gear free and everybody can start with rr80.

This is a great idea <3

go and play league of legends then ffs

normanis

Post#10 » Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:49 pm

lets make funserver where evrything is free and only playable is city siege or sc. max lvl is 80. and 1 guild allowed in realm (order/destro)
p.s i am serious
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"