Recent Topics

Ads

Need Help Editing Enemy bars in-file, in-game doesn't work

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GrishnakBlagtoof

Need Help Editing Enemy bars in-file, in-game doesn't work

Post#1 » Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:36 am

Greetings!

So I have always had an issue with Enemy....I simply get a blank window when I try to edit the Unit Frames .
Can someone just tell me what exact file and what exact line do I need to go to in order to resize things manually?

I'd really, really appreciate it. I can NEVER get Enemy config windows to work....even if it's the only add-on I have in the folder - even fresh installing!
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Ads
GrishnakBlagtoof

Re: Need Help Editing Enemy bars in-file, in-game doesn't work

Post#2 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:53 am

Someone please help me?
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Cimba

Post#3 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:45 pm

The unit frame settings are written into the enemy savedVariables.lua file. You can find it under

...\user\settings\Martyrs Square\CharacterName\UIName\Enemy

where CharacterName and UIName are of course unique to you. The content is also unique to you so I cant give you a line and I personally wouldnt **** around with it. Mine got 60k lines and the chances of breaking something are rather high.

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#4 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:10 pm

Cimba wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:45 pm The unit frame settings are written into the enemy savedVariables.lua file. You can find it under

...\user\settings\Martyrs Square\CharacterName\UIName\Enemy

where CharacterName and UIName are of course unique to you. The content is also unique to you so I cant give you a line and I personally wouldnt **** around with it. Mine got 60k lines and the chances of breaking something are rather high.
I appreciate the advice, truly. But the issue is, it's already broken. No options in the config windows. Nothing. It's just a default setting and that's it. I've tried everything, even fresh install with just Enemy and it does nothing to fix it. I'll look at that file as I do understand quite a bit of it, so I'll have t take my chances because things like the class icons over the heads is something that works and I like it. unless there's a better add-on that does the same things, I have yet to find it and I've tried all of the addons on Idrith's site. :(
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Xergon

Post#5 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:25 pm

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:36 am Greetings!

So I have always had an issue with Enemy....I simply get a blank window when I try to edit the Unit Frames .
Can someone just tell me what exact file and what exact line do I need to go to in order to resize things manually?

I'd really, really appreciate it. I can NEVER get Enemy config windows to work....even if it's the only add-on I have in the folder - even fresh installing!
Do you have same issue when you use VinyUI Enemy ?
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#6 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:04 am

Xergon wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:25 pm

Aye, and UI5 and UI6. It's SO weird!

Here are how ALL my menus look in the config....

WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Xergon

Post#7 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:19 pm

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:04 am
Xergon wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:25 pm

Aye, and UI5 and UI6. It's SO weird!

Here are how ALL my menus look in the config....

Very strange, do you get any errors in debug window when addons are loading ? /d would show those errors.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#8 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:43 am

Xergon wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:19 pm Very strange, do you get any errors in debug window when addons are loading ? /d would show those errors.

Nope. None....

WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Ads
sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#9 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 7:45 am

you have "logs off" in the debug window....
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

Fenris78

Post#10 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 8:45 am

As for "fresh install" you also need to delete all "enemy" folder in your user > settings > martyr square > yourcharname > yourprofilename > enemy directory.

Otherwise, if your issue is related to missing or corrupted files on a specific character, only reinstalling enemy into interface > addons wont be enough.