Recent Topics

Ads

Remove kill boards from RoR website

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
SuperStar

Re: Remove kill boards from RoR website

Post#91 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:07 pm

Spoiler:
DirkDaring wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:55 pm
SuperStar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:59 pm
Spoiler:
DirkDaring wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:25 pm

I`ve played almost exclusively PVP / RvR games on mostly open servers meaning there is no safe area once you leave out into the world for most of the 23 years I've been doing MMOs.

Ultima Online 1999 , Oldschool EQ on Rallos Zek, open PVP server even your faction can kill, and loot items off your corpse, DAOC almost never left Frontiers huge open RVR/PVP area with quests, and sieges, could lvl to cap and never leave the zone, ORG WOW Black DragonFlight Open PVP server can be attacked, and killed anywhere outside your city, Warhammer on live Dark Crag open PVP server can be killed anywhere outside the city unlike here only RvR lakes played day 1, until shutdown, Rift open PVP server, GW2 open PVP server, ESO had to be lvl 10 to enter Cyrodill Basically a copy of DAOC Frontiers Giant open RvR/PVP zone with quests you could level top cap and never leave, Return of Reckoning 4 of the last 7 years between jan 2016 and now.

Everyone of those games also had a small part of the population that felt everyone who weren`t as good as, or didn't play as long as them etc were dead weight, and they were better off without them, are mostly dead games, you need players , pushing players away, or making them feel not wanted, or belittling them is not good for a niche game, once the players leave they rarely come back. This illusion that once all the bad players leave we will finally have a server of good players to fight is just being delusional.

Once all the bad players finally leave as you call them, you`ll be left with maybe enough to fill a warband, or two, on the server lol
I dont see your point how to connect to my statement.

Iam active in more than one topic but here we talked about the killboard if i remember correctly.

My statement was nobody start playing cowardly after killboard or because killboard this is a false fake statement from bad k/d ratio players who wanna try to find a reason why should we cripple the killboard.

I also said ppl should respect the best of them, the best of us.

And nobody will be better or worse without killboard. But sure with killboard everyone can see the differences.

Everyone should accept their limits or if they cant try to change and improve themself. Not the others not the environment first. But no no everybody cheater here who can beat you. Dont blame the others if you didnt did the minimum (good build, gear and some friends)

Especially do not want to cripple new feature coz you shame your k/d ratio.

Believe nobody cares the bad k/d ratio player everybody (who interested in leaderboard) check their own k/d and the better and the best players k/d ratio.
I don`t even look at the killboard, doesn`t matter to me one way or the other, they didn`t even have it when I left for the last 2 1/2 years, however those people that are overly concerned with their kill/death ratio suffer from low self esteem, and small PP issues carry on I hope you get treatment for your issues .

The rest of us that have actual jobs, family, and other hobbies outside of here will be ok, no matter what people like you think about so called casuals lol
So everbody who is better than you (and they are many based on your post)
Are:
"suffer from low self esteem, and small PP issues carry on"
and they dont have
"actual jobs, family, and other hobbies outside of here "

Are you certainly sure you dont have any problems? :D

Ads
GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#92 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:19 pm

SuperStar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:59 pm I also said ppl should respect the best of them, the best of us.
LOL

And this attitude is what's wrong with the current community the last month or so and sums up everything I and everyone else has said in one hysterical sentence. Respect is EARNED not DEMANDED. You can play the Killboard all you want, all day long - we'll play the game - and nobody will respect you nor your inflated scared-to-die-so-you-won't-actually-RvR numbers. In fact, it makes people laugh more and respect less because we all KNOW that you only got these ratios by running away from real fights. Actual respect is earned by Leadership in Battle to Realm Victory, not K/D Ratios or your 1v1 wannabe-glory. That's the most toxic behaviour in the game right now. Being so self-centred is WHY your Realm loses. Fight for your Realm, not your K/D numbers that nobody cares about.

SuperStar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:07 pm So everbody who is better than you (and they are many based on your post)
Are:
and they dont have

I can do that too...

So people that don't care about the Killboard and fight for their REALM in a Realm v Realm Game automatically suck and should resect you because you're obviously so much better than them?
No.

I find it interesting that so many of the people that know the point of the game and don't care about the numbers mostly came from UO....
My Guild and I, made up of real life friends, Alpha tested UO in 1996 and played til 2003. Hell, in UO I played and Smurfed and my wife played and Smufed on Siege! Then we Beta tested all of the games in my banner, and always played on the PvP Servers. We fought hard to try to keep PvP a more integral part of those games. We're not scared to fight nor do we care about Killboards, ranks, statues, whatever because they only mean you farmed, hid or only fought when you KNEW you'd win.

Whether you live or die is in the hands of your Realm. If Tanks die, they're not getting healed enough, if Healers die, they're not getting protected and/or peeled enough, if DPS die, they're not being guarded or healed enough. The ONLY situation where you live or die is solely in your hands is 1v1 and this game isn't built around that, it's built around Realm v Realm, group v group. You wanna 1v1? Have fun duelling, nobody cares.

I can't wait for actual RvR to come back. It won't be long now. You can separate the wheat from the chaff here pretty easily.....wheat doesn't care about the Killboard. The Killboard has no real bearing - keep it or not. We don't put any stock into it. And we need to, as a community, discourage that toxic, unfounded elitist behaviour.

It bears repeating - Want respect? EARN it. Being so self-centred is WHY your Realm loses. Fight for your Realm, not your K/D numbers that nobody cares about.
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

SuperStar

Post#93 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:46 pm

Spoiler:
GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:19 pm
SuperStar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:59 pm I also said ppl should respect the best of them, the best of us.
LOL

And this attitude is what's wrong with the current community the last month or so and sums up everything I and everyone else has said in one hysterical sentence. Respect is EARNED not DEMANDED. You can play the Killboard all you want, all day long - we'll play the game - and nobody will respect you nor your inflated scared-to-die-so-you-won't-actually-RvR numbers. In fact, it makes people laugh more and respect less because we all KNOW that you only got these ratios by running away from real fights. Actual respect is earned by Leadership in Battle to Realm Victory, not K/D Ratios or your 1v1 wannabe-glory. That's the most toxic behaviour in the game right now. Being so self-centred is WHY your Realm loses. Fight for your Realm, not your K/D numbers that nobody cares about.

SuperStar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:07 pm So everbody who is better than you (and they are many based on your post)
Are:
and they dont have

I can do that too...

So people that don't care about the Killboard and fight for their REALM in a Realm v Realm Game automatically suck and should resect you because you're obviously so much better than them?
No.

I find it interesting that so many of the people that know the point of the game and don't care about the numbers mostly came from UO....
My Guild and I, made up of real life friends, Alpha tested UO in 1996 and played til 2003. Hell, in UO I played and Smurfed and my wife played and Smufed on Siege! Then we Beta tested all of the games in my banner, and always played on the PvP Servers. We fought hard to try to keep PvP a more integral part of those games. We're not scared to fight nor do we care about Killboards, ranks, statues, whatever because they only mean you farmed, hid or only fought when you KNEW you'd win.

Whether you live or die is in the hands of your Realm. If Tanks die, they're not getting healed enough, if Healers die, they're not getting protected and/or peeled enough, if DPS die, they're not being guarded or healed enough. The ONLY situation where you live or die is solely in your hands is 1v1 and this game isn't built around that, it's built around Realm v Realm, group v group. You wanna 1v1? Have fun duelling, nobody cares.

I can't wait for actual RvR to come back. It won't be long now. You can separate the wheat from the chaff here pretty easily.....wheat doesn't care about the Killboard. The Killboard has no real bearing - keep it or not. We don't put any stock into it. And we need to, as a community, discourage that toxic, unfounded elitist behaviour.

It bears repeating - Want respect? EARN it. Being so self-centred is WHY your Realm loses. Fight for your Realm, not your K/D numbers that nobody cares about.
Spoiler:
GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:19 pm
LOL

And this attitude is what's wrong with the current community the last month or so and sums up everything I and everyone else has said in one hysterical sentence. Respect is EARNED not DEMANDED. You can play the Killboard all you want, all day long - we'll play the game - and nobody will respect you nor your inflated scared-to-die-so-you-won't-actually-RvR numbers. In fact, it makes people laugh more and respect less because we all KNOW that you only got these ratios by running away from real fights.

You are the funiest and you wrote a lot.
I have time, ❄️ didnt inv me pepe wb and the sc is not poping.

So let begin.

First of all I dont have to earn respect i born with it.
Second hopefully i dont need anybody respect from here.
3. Those olayers who made a good k/d ratio earned the respect, coz the good k/d ratio means they killed a lot and die a few. I repeat it they killed a lot. :D you always forget this component.

4. For you the real fight mean you die without kill? Ok

5. I skipped your background story

6. I told you the same. We the hunters let you play what you like, you the victims let us and our killboard be alone. Everybody happy if you dont want to change us and you dont want to cripple/delete the killboard. For us you are perfect how you are <3

(We could call traitor all the feeders with bad k/d ratio you give the opposite realma lot of rewards, but we never called you it, do you know why becuse we are gentleman. So you should not call us coward, coz cowards dont make kills and it is not true) on the contrary you feed the enemy and give them renown silver warcrests...

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#94 » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:50 pm

SuperStar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:46 pm You are the funiest and you wrote a lot.
I have time, ❄️ didnt inv me pepe wb and the sc is not poping.

So let begin.

First of all I dont have to earn respect i born with it.
Second hopefully i dont need anybody respect from here.
3. Those olayers who made a good k/d ratio earned the respect, coz the good k/d ratio means they killed a lot and die a few. I repeat it they killed a lot. :D you always forget this component.

4. For you the real fight mean you die without kill? Ok

5. I skipped your background story

6. I told you the same. We the hunters let you play what you like, you the victims let us and our killboard be alone. Everybody happy if you dont want to change us and you dont want to cripple/delete the killboard. For us you are perfect how you are <3

(We could call traitor all the feeders with bad k/d ratio you give the opposite realma lot of rewards, but we never called you it, do you know why becuse we are gentleman. So you should not call us coward, coz cowards dont make kills and it is not true) on the contrary you feed the enemy and give them renown silver warcrests...

Yeah, you're pointless to try and talk to. You miss the point of the game entirely and miss the point of any posts completely. You cherrypick lines and even single words and make a whole post around it that have no bearing on the actual conversation nor debate the actual points made. All you do is try to belittle people that don't care about the Killboard or K/D and that, obviously, upsets you. Which is kind of sad. :(

Have fun playing the Killboard.
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

BeautfulToad

Post#95 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:40 pm

SuperStar wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:46 pm
Unless you are leading warbands and getting kills that way (Rollgrom and Grufrip), "the hunters" in RoR generally run around alone and try and gank each other and others who are trying to catch up with warbands or delivering boxes.

The killboards do promote the wrong way to think about RoR orvr. The K/D ratio is meaningless in orvr (and only relevant in SCs in terms of how closely it matches to the W/L ratio or total rr generation), and it is actually the amount of rr you collect not the kills or deaths that is important. Amount of rr/time played in a session is actually the top stat since it is common metric and values each kill and action you take in RoR across game types and takes into account difficulty.

Having said that, I don't mind the leaderboards. Just wish there was more of them measuring different stuff.
Last edited by BeautfulToad on Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akilinus

Post#96 » Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:24 pm

Respect the playstyle.
Kkomrade 80 Zealot Akilinuz 80 Chosen Zaiyer 80 Marauder
Kkomrades 80 Black Guard Sauer 80 Squig herder Nosler 80 Witch Elf Soniq 70 Shaman