Recent Topics

Ads

Remove kill boards from RoR website

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Martok

Re: Remove kill boards from RoR website

Post#61 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:26 pm

The Killboard?

“Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
SepticDisaster

Post#62 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:37 pm

:roll:
Martok wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:26 pm The Killboard?

“Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.”

Martok

Post#63 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:43 pm

SepticDisaster wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:37 pm:roll:

You should read more.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Garamore

Post#64 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:16 am

Most people on here who like the kill board play at the top end of the game. Games like this though need the chaff and a lot of people saying they don’t like it play towards that end. Even if it’s 10-20% that leave the game because of it that’s 10-20% more people in the lakes.

Biggest issue is now whole warbands running away or perma stacking just to farm numbers. Only takes 1 or 2 guild leaders to do this to influence what occurs in the lakes and make them very boring.
Garamore - Chosen Garamar - Marauder Garachop - Choppa Garamor - Slayer

Warband leader for Hand of Blood

https://www.twitch.tv/therealgaramore

SuperStar

Post#65 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:24 am

Spoiler:
Garamore wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 6:16 am Most people on here who like the kill board play at the top end of the game. Games like this though need the chaff and a lot of people saying they don’t like it play towards that end. Even if it’s 10-20% that leave the game because of it that’s 10-20% more people in the lakes.

Biggest issue is now whole warbands running away or perma stacking just to farm numbers. Only takes 1 or 2 guild leaders to do this to influence what occurs in the lakes and make them very boring.
What you wrote is simply not true.

On live there are olayers who played last stand to avoid death by others. It was very cool imo. Welfs with last stand killed wb leaders on event haahaha.

On live there were a lot of afker near wc to the pitty renown tick and how many afkers and cultivator omg.

On live almost all of the soloer run away if they saw they will die, even if they were the attacker. In 1vs1 yes.

And yes there was hardcore good player who said hc never dies.

And also there were hunter and box runners victims.

On live guild wbs run back all the time if they didnt do morale on pug before they wanna fight another guild.

No connection with leaderboard at all.

Dearh avoiding is one part of k/d ratio and all of you forget the other part. Ppl with good k/d ratio has. Lot of kills. How if like you say always run away play cowardly?

Why always the ppl with not good k/d ratio wanna cripple or delete the leaderboard?

Like ppl with heavy body wanna ban the libra? The good shape ppl will stay. Libra just show them. They wont eat more unhealthy things just because the heavy ppl deleted the libra.

I also check the monthly guild leaderboard most of them have the same ratio. I didnt see any overpower or how you say coward run away guild with good k/d ratio.

Ppl levae the game coz ne balance patch, no new ranked season, as far as i know only 1 dev.
Lack of content never what the majority want. Devs ignore the basic game trends. Game get older and older and atleast 70percent of the change, decision was bad.

We didnt talk about the constant drama and the fluctuation in the devs/mods.

I can count 3 good change
1. Ranked
2. Leaderboard
3. Warcrest but it should be account wide
(4. We can make the ward at the boring dungis atleast)

Imo they should focus on the pvp side not the dungeons not the crappy land (lotd was my fav part on live, it is just a zerg wc farm show) not the big arena nobody use it. So many decisions and work what is not make more ppl oh and the 2 new city. How many of us interested? 2 percent for how long? 2 weeks max.

So no you have no right.
We are few and fewer coz lack of intersting content.
No leaderboard connection.

I say again check the monthly guild leaderboard. Nothing fancy there. All the same below 3:1.
What you say is not true.
And stop blaming the killboard.

If you wanna big fight with other guilds start to organize. Guild vs guild championship.
Devs should give rewards for the winners and gamble for the watcher.

There are many ways to make the game less boring and none of them is to delete the leaderboard.

Duukar

Post#66 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:34 am

Players of RoR do realize that this game literally NEEDS new players to join and stick around for the game to continue, let alone thrive. Right? Like you need players to kill.

Griefing and denying players the pay off is chasing new players away. It used to be easy to run around and get 500-800 kills in 2-3 hours. Not anymore. It used to be easy to log into SC and kill and be killed. Now most rounds of SCs are huge blowouts due to the losing side getting stomped so hard they refuse to come out. Because why come out??

I believe we are entering a phase in the life cycle of RoR where new blood is critical. We need new leaders to step up. We need more players to fill queues and add varied competition to the game. We need the old elite guard to move into ranked play and let the young flex a bit.

We need to let the toxic meta of hiding or not participating die and be buried. It’s new and it’s a bad look.

We need a major revamp of what it means to lose in this game. Losing should be nearly as rewarding as winning as long as you participate. Enough with all the one sided BS!

SuperStar

Post#67 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:56 am

Spoiler:
Duukar wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:34 am Players of RoR do realize that this game literally NEEDS new players to join and stick around for the game to continue, let alone thrive. Right? Like you need players to kill.

Griefing and denying players the pay off is chasing new players away. It used to be easy to run around and get 500-800 kills in 2-3 hours. Not anymore. It used to be easy to log into SC and kill and be killed. Now most rounds of SCs are huge blowouts due to the losing side getting stomped so hard they refuse to come out. Because why come out??

I believe we are entering a phase in the life cycle of RoR where new blood is critical. We need new leaders to step up. We need more players to fill queues and add varied competition to the game. We need the old elite guard to move into ranked play and let the young flex a bit.

We need to let the toxic meta of hiding or not participating die and be buried. It’s new and it’s a bad look.

We need a major revamp of what it means to lose in this game. Losing should be nearly as rewarding as winning as long as you participate. Enough with all the one sided BS!
I think you are joking but you have right in one thing.

Ranked is essential. All the high lvl good players will/would go there and the lowbies can play with each other.

The game need new players idk i think the game is not able to make new players.

2 kind of pll play this game imo
- wh lover
- pvp lover

99%of them already know this game imo. They just dont play coz its boring and no content.

New players dont like the grindfest mmo style.
Game has to change a lot to make new players more then one weekend. We dont need big brain here just watch the game trends. Basically no suffer for anything, fun content and skins.

This game should move to the fortnite moba direction from the mmo.

Classic Mmos dead. Nobody wants them, nobody have enough time to play them. Too many good thing you can do in 2022. Nobody want to suffer for weeks month in a game for a gear piece. They can swap easly for other game/series/movie/friends/girls/boys.
You can do many things. But ppl need rewards and the solution is the skin. Everybody wann be unique and cool.

And no not the 10000000th cloak the good answer.
Not even the "funny" not cool at all trophies sadly.

BeautfulToad

Post#68 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:12 am

SuperStar wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:56 am
Classic Mmos dead. Nobody wants them, nobody have enough time to play them. Too many good thing you can do in 2022. Nobody want to suffer for weeks month in a game for a gear piece. They can swap easly for other game/series/movie/friends/girls/boys.
You can do many things. But ppl need rewards and the solution is the skin. Everybody wann be unique and cool.

And no not the 10000000th cloak the good answer.
Not even the "funny" not cool at all trophies sadly.

I play the game for the mass pvp in orvr. I cant think of many games like it. I find the reward system sufficient, and would like more leaderboards.

Only issue I have with leaderboards is that they are designed for dps (and very specific types of dps). More leaderboards for all classes and roles would be nice.

Ads
aa91837

Post#69 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 11:53 am

Killboard literally one of bestest thing happened to this server, you don't like it ? then don't use it.
Nobody on the broken noob class

Darkdargor

Post#70 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:19 pm

I have a brilliant idea for those who think the killboard is bad:

1. Open your router admin panel
2. Block for you the URL.
3. Save settings.
4. Reboot router.

“Problem” solved.

Pm me for more valuable advice.