Recent Topics

Ads

No Real PvE community

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Allie
Suspended

No Real PvE community

Post#1 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:54 pm

Remove PvE lockouts
All the lockouts do is stop RoR from having a growing PvE community

PvE community =
server population grows
lower prices on the AH
More players to do gear/dye/liniment runs

the "we need lockouts to gate gear progression" argument only serves to stop the PvE community from growing, if people want to sit in GB or BB/BE or BS all day let them, if people want to do 4 BS runs in 1 day to get their Bloodlord set let them.

only people that seem to want lockouts are AH farmers that have a crafting monopoly & dont want the player base to have access to bulk & cheap items & elitists that dont want players to have access to getting gear upgrades faster

A healthy PvE community supports the PvP community in so many ways so it boggles my mind why the Devs wont let the PvE community No lifers join RoR

Lockout are a gate used in live to slow gear progression as they didnt have enough content so they time gate endgame to pad the game time, serves no putpose in RoR other than to stop the PvE community from growing

Ads
SuperStar

Re: No Real PvE community

Post#2 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:16 pm

Allie wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:54 pm Remove PvE lockouts
All the lockouts do is stop RoR from having a growing PvE community

PvE community =
server population grows
lower prices on the AH
More players to do gear/dye/liniment runs

the "we need lockouts to gate gear progression" argument only serves to stop the PvE community from growing, if people want to sit in GB or BB/BE or BS all day let them, if people want to do 4 BS runs in 1 day to get their Bloodlord set let them.

only people that seem to want lockouts are AH farmers that have a crafting monopoly & dont want the player base to have access to bulk & cheap items & elitists that dont want players to have access to getting gear upgrades faster

A healthy PvE community supports the PvP community in so many ways so it boggles my mind why the Devs wont let the PvE community No lifers join RoR

Lockout are a gate used in live to slow gear progression as they didnt have enough content so they time gate endgame to pad the game time, serves no putpose in RoR other than to stop the PvE community from growing
Pve all day is Disgusting imo (expect tw wh) but i can support your wish. Why not?

Telther

Post#3 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:03 pm

There is already a thread open about this….no

Also, get to know more people, groups run pve daily

Shanell

Post#4 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:24 pm

I support this idea. PvE is interesting, and beingtimegated is not. Realistically, as a non-permanent player I have a weekend to run instances - time to gather party is too big for a working days.
And on some weekends I just want to do someting else. Why not allow people to farm dungeons as much as they like?
I can only see one issue: it will make dungeons less popular as many alts will have needed gear and don't need to visit dungeons.
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

Telther

Post#5 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:42 pm

Could always go back to the 3/4/5 day lock outs…

Lisutaris

Post#6 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:49 am

Mhh i can understand the wish but no.

It would not make prices go down on the auction house, on the contrary. Without lockout timers prices will most likely skyrocket because the gold gain will get exorbitant high.

With the current lockout timers (1d) it is very very easy to get the invader ward (BS) and too gear up very quick. Even without lockout timers, you would still have to look for a grp or build one yourself ... so not having time for that does not really count as an argument.

To be able to run Gunbad/BB/BE/BS/HV daily or in your case fr/sa/su are literally 15 dungeon runs possible in only 3 days ... should be enough if you are asking me. 2 Weeks and conqueror-invader ward unlocked is also pretty decent.
~~ Guildleader of Entropy and Chaos ~~

Rhyshara - DoK || Rhykera - Sorc || Rhyleth - BG || Sharaye - WE
Destro only <3

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

malark

Post#7 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:43 am

this is only worth considering for people who are wanting to super grind their sets faster
because trust me as someone that has over 120 stones on 2 characters

no one really wants to run a dungeon like gunbad or bastion stair more than once a day on the same character
there's nothing wrong with those dungeons it's just that once you have the gear a 24 hour lockout is just fine

Allie
Suspended

Post#8 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:26 am

malark wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:43 am this is only worth considering for people who are wanting to super grind their sets faster

no one really wants to run a dungeon like gunbad or bastion stair more than once a day on the same character
there's nothing wrong with those dungeons it's just that once you have the gear a 24 hour lockout is just fine
Just because you see no point is no reason to gate the PvE community from growing & thriving in RoR, people dont want to grind dungeons for the simple reason there is no community to do it with & when you do you can only do 1 run every 18hrs & then if the group is bad or someone just leaves after 1 wing you are now gimp for 18hr, good luck filling a spots for a run thats already got bosses down & people wont join or help for the simple fact they dont want to get the lockout

Ads
malark

Post#9 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:06 am

Allie wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:26 am
malark wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 2:43 am this is only worth considering for people who are wanting to super grind their sets faster

Just because you see no point is no reason to gate the PvE community from growing & thriving in RoR, people dont want to grind dungeons for the simple reason there is no community to do it with & when you do you can only do 1 run every 18hrs & then if the group is bad or someone just leaves after 1 wing you are now gimp for 18hr, good luck filling a spots for a run thats already got bosses down & people wont join or help for the simple fact they dont want to get the lockout
perhaps once every 3 days a person could buy a token or something to remove a lockout, because of like you say you can easily be boned by someone screwing up your group and therefore progress and people can get weird with grudges and taking their realm pride a little too far in this game

Fenris78

Post#10 » Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:57 am

Nobody want to do PvE because :
1. Runs are too long (90+ mins for C&T is a joke, while BB/BE is half the time)
2. Drops are uninteresting (nothing worth of value from CT/Bastion, saving the uber rare purple armor fragment)
3. Seeds (blue and purple) are mostly dropping from Gunbad, barely for CT, and none at all from Bastion (just why ?)
4. No purple weapons or good/useable stuff from CT/Bastion (saving the occasional - and underused - Bloodmoon ring)
5. Globally Uninteresting influence rewards for healers and tanks (Bloodlord Shield/Tome, just why ?)
6. Soulstones are easily available by casual RvR play.

Make all dungeon runs at least remotely as intereseting for everyone ; crafters, "gold farmers" or people who just want the gear, across all archetypes (no more aberrations like bloodlord weapons for healers and tanks), make seeds and lv. 40 green/blue/purple items drop from CT/BB/Bastion like Gunbad, and maybe, maybe, PvE runs will finally be attractive for everyone.

Until then, not a chance you will get to grow a solid and willing "PvE community"...