Recent Topics

Ads

Solo tier list?

Let's talk about... everything else
Pahakukka

Re: Solo tier list?

Post#11 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:42 am

I will have to add here, that even tho the a++ tier is pretty much pointless to fight against, the rest of classes overlap quite a bit depending on builds. Shamans and AM's can only be won if they forgot to heal themself completely (which happens surprisingly often)
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer
+ lots of rr50-60 toons, including 1 healer!

-"renown pinata for small groups"

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#12 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:58 am

RoR.builders - Magus Magus is amazing for every content in the game.
Pink horror for elemental debuff (another pink horror skill doesnt even work luckily ele debuff works)

With 4 rare fortune + 2 conqueror and endless ap + 1 second boc casts against melee and HUGE range. AM's and Wh's can be a problem if they see u first but like earlier writer said sometimes they dont heal themselves and i can timestamp AM's dead but i will die to their dots.

I really dont like this regen solo thing :E some amounts are ofc okay and should exist but finding good solo fights just keeps getting rarer and rarer. I dont know i always loved full offense in solo or grp.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Pahakukka

Post#13 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:45 am

Knick had good full offense solo build on his WL, but havent seen him around in a while. I dont think i can speak against def specs, but i would not mind regen being tuned down a bit.

Then again all the solo stuff is just utterly meaningles in larger scale, having regen WE hopping in and out of shadows in corner of lake is not really going to matter in overall game at all, and no decisions on anything balance related should be made in this approach.

Everyone who wanders around alone in lakes will get steamrolled by groups of various sizes all the time anyways :D.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

Sinisterror

Post#14 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:51 am

Pahakukka wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:45 am Knick had good full offense solo build on his WL, but havent seen him around in a while. I dont think i can speak against def specs, but i would not mind regen being tuned down a bit.

Then again all the solo stuff is just utterly meaningles in larger scale, having regen WE hopping in and out of shadows in corner of lake is not really going to matter in overall game at all, and no decisions on anything balance related should be made in this approach.

Everyone who wanders around alone in lakes will get steamrolled by groups of various sizes all the time anyways :D.
Agreed=) And im used to dying and will always go for the kill even its certain death. Probably because my main was DPS WP in Aor : D This might just be me but feels like people are afraid/avoiding dying more than ever before.

Btw how do you feel about engineer? you have rr80+ magus and engi, and to me engi just feels more of a sad version of magus : D
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Scottx125

Post#15 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:47 pm

Just saying most people don't solo roam. For example a WP will normally pair with an IB. Or WE's will roam in pairs at least... I've even seen a WE 6 man and that was pretty cringe. Unless you're a class that can vanish or escape quickly solo is a death sentence. So choose classes that are good at those 2 things. Aka, WE/WH/AM/Shaman. You also need decent DMG otherwise what's the point.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Sinisterror

Post#16 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:56 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:47 pm Just saying most people don't solo roam. For example a WP will normally pair with an IB. Or WE's will roam in pairs at least... I've even seen a WE 6 man and that was pretty cringe. Unless you're a class that can vanish or escape quickly solo is a death sentence. So choose classes that are good at those 2 things. Aka, WE/WH/AM/Shaman. You also need decent DMG otherwise what's the point.
Am/SH are the classes i enjoy healing most, shaman espesially. So i basically never roam as Am/Sh. I do roam with magus,dok,we,Sm,Ib,Blorc,Bw,Wh,Wl and will roam with Squig Herder, choppa and slayer when i play them but its been a WHILE. Point is the fun, and the challenge.

Pahakukka

Post#17 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:40 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:47 pm Just saying most people don't solo roam. For example a WP will normally pair with an IB. Or WE's will roam in pairs at least... I've even seen a WE 6 man and that was pretty cringe. Unless you're a class that can vanish or escape quickly solo is a death sentence. So choose classes that are good at those 2 things. Aka, WE/WH/AM/Shaman. You also need decent DMG otherwise what's the point.
Yeah, this is not a solo game, yet i enjoy it and will keep doing in future. Even the engi is semi viable with all the handicaps.
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

Pahakukka

Post#18 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:44 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:51 am
Pahakukka wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:45 am Knick had good full offense solo build on his WL, but havent seen him around in a while. I dont think i can speak against def specs, but i would not mind regen being tuned down a bit.

Agreed=) And im used to dying and will always go for the kill even its certain death. Probably because my main was DPS WP in Aor : D This might just be me but feels like people are afraid/avoiding dying more than ever before.

Btw how do you feel about engineer? you have rr80+ magus and engi, and to me engi just feels more of a sad version of magus : D
Magus is by far a lot easier to play. but engi has its moments. Tho my engi still lacks sov pieces so i dont know how i turn out when its completely done. I would not call it sad version of magus, but it has to be played more aggressively (by my deftardy standards anyway) the keg is not on par with aegis by any means and corp dmg i went for my specs is not exactly same as spirit dmg. Engi did get a lot of crit reduction from gear, and even there is no toughness tactic or setbonuses my engi runs with 700+ toughness with basic pots. it helps soaking up some blows a bit.

Also as fixxer pointed out, most of the skills seem to be more expensive on engi side, so im constantly out of AP even with pots
Tinbitz rr8x BO
Daewuur rr8x Magus
Deawuur rr8x engineer

Ads
Toshutkidup

Post#19 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:51 pm

Of all my classes I play solo , Slayer by far is my favorite. Now favorite doesn’t mean “easier” , just most fun.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Farrul

Post#20 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:37 am

Pahakukka wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 11:45 am I dont think i can speak against def specs, but i would not mind regen being tuned down a bit.

Regen specs are not that strong even in the context of a solo roamer and the value of it is exaggerated here in forums, certain classes makes ok use of it due to complementing regen with natural tanky abilities/stats (Tanks, Deftard WE's / your Magus ;) ) but honestly most solo roamers are better of with prioritizing offensive stats above weak-ish regen(300-500 range) and then learning how to use/time their defensive CDs effective to counter and survive, especially these days when the next gank party is just around the corner killing fast is more important than ever, dragged out battles should be avoided at all costs imho.

Regenerating 100-125hp/sec ( 400/500/4 sec) will not make any practical difference at all when a While lion /WE/WH/Magus etc is bursting for thousands of hp every GCD unless one is able to mitigate a big portion of the damage done.

Everyone except WH/WE (yes even OP Shamans ;) ) are asking to be ganked if they wander off alone in the rvr lakes, as someone pointed out it is a death sentence and not a question of ''if'' but when you'll find yourself pressing the ressurect button. Regen is totally fine imho and was never an issue.
Toshutkidup wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:51 pm Of all my classes I play solo , Slayer by far is my favorite. Now favorite doesn’t mean “easier” , just most fun.
Slayer might not be ''top tier'' in a pure duel but they have several advantages. a) Flexible: can go from singletarget to aoe effectively in the same spec so they make decent generalists in battle through versatiltiy. b) Geared slayers do crap tons of damage hence will be fun and never boring to play. c) Is naturally strong vs Witch elves i.e the most common threat for an Order solo roamer. d) Feeling a bit bored with the zone? Join a scenario and be the king of the game, or join a pug WB and be treated like the golden child of Order with guard privilege above any other dps whilst melting the destruction frontline in a rampaging fury.

As a While lion solo i might do better than slayer in a pure 1vs1 and definitely superior when it comes to killing kiting gobbos, but i can't join bigger fights and be effective, the pet is generally a burden for the class. I can't join scenarios with a pet spec if the enemy has half a brain, i would be a liability to a WB using the pet.

As a Witch Hunter i'm the perfect solo roaming class, best escape utility and top burst, but again i have to stick to the periphery of the battles or die horribly, i would rather not join scenarios since guard will be given to aoe classes and surviving will involve spending expensive potions more than i would like to admit.

I'm far too lazy to gear up my Slayer ( it will sit at rr6x sent/bloodlord gear) but i'm sure it would be an excellent toon to have as main, even from a solo roam perspective if one enjoys the content this game has to offer.
Last edited by Farrul on Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:20 am, edited 4 times in total.