Recent Topics

Ads

SW pvp

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
reynor007

SW pvp

Post#1 » Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:47 pm

Click here to watch on YouTube
Short video from clippings that didn't make it into the first part
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Ads
lumpi33

Re: SW pvp

Post#2 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:16 pm

Fun watch. However, it draws a wrong picture of the SW performance.

All you are fighting is soft targets, mainly WEs and Choppas, they were very close fights and you got lucky series of crits and never missed.

It's not hard to tell that most fights went the other way.

Kudos to you for trying to get the best out of the SW. Just not very representative.

reynor007

Post#3 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:00 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:16 pm Fun watch. However, it draws a wrong picture of the SW performance.

All you are fighting is soft targets, mainly WEs and Choppas, they were very close fights and you got lucky series of crits and never missed.

It's not hard to tell that most fights went the other way.

Kudos to you for trying to get the best out of the SW. Just not very representative.
i have 8% evasion penetration, 1050 main stat, 61% chance of critical damage, with such data, i don't think that i was "lucky" in battles, besides that, are you sure that if i miss, then any class in the game can deal 10k damage before I break the distance?
I'm far from the best SW, and probably not the best kiter, but I have enough experience to say that SW is able to kill all classes except magus, sham, def WE, and most likely regen choosen
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#4 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:11 pm

how did you manage to get 61% crit chance? :O

also how can you kill regen BG/BO? i once fought regen BG for more than 5 minutes, couldnt take him down enough, and he couldnt catch me either...

reynor007

Post#5 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:20 pm

rejndjer wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:11 pm how did you manage to get 61% crit chance? :O

also how can you kill regen BG/BO? i once fought regen BG for more than 5 minutes, couldnt take him down enough, and he couldnt catch me either...
61% counting tactics +20% crit chance of course
bg regen and BO will never reach you, you can pierce them with a poisoned and fiery arrow, or have high WS and tactics + 25% armor penetration
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#6 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:24 pm

so how do you have max wounds, max BS and 41% crit? :O

lumpi33

Post#7 » Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:40 pm

rejndjer wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:24 pm so how do you have max wounds, max BS and 41% crit? :O
I wonder this too. Probably no FS or low WS/penetration.

reynor007

Post#8 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:47 am

lumpi33 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:40 pm
rejndjer wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:24 pm so how do you have max wounds, max BS and 41% crit? :O
right, I have very low WS and only 2 FS
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+

Ads
lumpi33

Post#9 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:52 am

reynor007 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 9:47 am
lumpi33 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:40 pm
right, I have very low WS and only 2 FS
And there you have the main issue of the SW. That build is only good vs soft targets with low armor.

As Magus/Sorc/BW I don't have WS on the armor which means I have in general more wounds/int and I don't have to raise another damage stat to do damage. And they get a strong debuff for their damage as well. They are good against any target while the SW/Engi is limited to soft targets. The SH is in the same boat but has at least an armor debuff in the sniper build and a 150% spiked squig which they can buff with M1 and squig beast for he missing damage.

The bal/ws/crit classes without good armor pierce are therefore lacking.

reynor007

Post#10 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:17 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 10:52 am And there you have the main issue of the SW. That build is only good vs soft targets with low armor.

As Magus/Sorc/BW I don't have WS on the armor which means I have in general more wounds/int and I don't have to raise another damage stat to do damage. And they get a strong debuff for their damage as well. They are good against any target while the SW/Engi is limited to soft targets. The SH is in the same boat but has at least an armor debuff in the sniper build and a 150% spiked squig which they can buff with M1 and squig beast for he missing damage.

The bal/ws/crit classes without good armor pierce are therefore lacking.
unfortunately yes, the balance of physical and mage damage in this game is completely killed, even with 70% armor penetration, you will not be able to deal good damage to any def class, while any mage has the ability to weaken the resistance, magical damage in this game is absolutely stronger always
the exception is WH and WE which has 85%+ armor penetration, a level that is simply not achievable for other classes

But still, high WS can be neglected on SW, you have 3 magic damage abilities, with very high damage, usually this was always enough for me to kill a tank, again there are no tanks in the video, because all fights with them are 2-3 minutes
WH - mdpv 80+
WE - Witchrage 80+