Recent Topics

Ads

SW pvp

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
lumpi33

Re: SW pvp

Post#11 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:52 pm

reynor007 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:17 pm But still, high WS can be neglected on SW, you have 3 magic damage abilities, with very high damage, usually this was always enough for me to kill a tank, again there are no tanks in the video, because all fights with them are 2-3 minutes
I think only Flame and Fester are magical. Rest is physical. Another issue.

Sure you can wiggle them down with kiting but in group play the damage is missing big time.

Ads
Fenris78

Post#12 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:55 pm

Very nice overview of kiting with a ranged build. Sadly, it needs the mandatory scout tactic to get the needed speed, because your 3 "main" attacks from scout are static with cast time ; therefore you are mostly toasted if enemy get in melee range.

I play an aSW (Tanaryon, who had some good fights against your WE ;) ), and I'd like to say that the aSW can be more brutally lethal than ranged build in same timeframe, but it also need to cut off from some offensive renown (so "only" a max of 45/50% crit without renown into crit chances since you cannot spec both melee and ranged crit), but overall a far better resilience against melee classes (high armor, high defenses, while getting overall lower average HP pool).

I can kill maguses and Shamans very reliably on that spec, as well as most WEs (saving your regen build wich I "only" dropped to around 20% HP on 1v1, thanks to your very high/lucky parry).
Unless they can kite me endlessly, as soon I get in melee range, the burst and avoidances are usually enough to kill them before they can gut me. :p

The only class that kill me everytime is Chosen (equally geared and skilled, maybe regen as well), because too much resilience (parry and magic resistances) wich cannot be overtaken despite 1k autoattacks... :p

lumpi33

Post#13 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:04 pm

Ofc Fenris78 pops in to tell everybody how great SW is...

You are posting the same stuff in every SW discussion.

Show some proof. Video or did not happen.

Xergon

Post#14 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:36 pm

reynor007 wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 6:47 pm
Click here to watch on YouTube
Short video from clippings that didn't make it into the first part
Good movement, nice kiting, winning some 1v2s against WEs... GG WP

Now you gonna make more order roll SWs... rip Order...
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube

Fenris78

Post#15 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:35 pm

lumpi33 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:04 pm Ofc Fenris78 pops in to tell everybody how great SW is...

Check Tanaryon killboard ; 3:1 general ratio, 6:1 solo kills.

And I'm not doing that by ganking newbies unlike some others. Just playing casually, with a reasonable experience of my class, and used to beat many other dps trying to solo engage me... But I admit being in BiS gear atm (still getting very good results in vanquisher, tho). ;)

I never said aSW is the one and only DPS class because it's obviously untrue ; the class got many flaws ans clearly need balancing, just saying you still can do good with it, proof being made, hopefully, by me (without video editing :p) and Reynor right here... ;)

F4llen4ngel

Post#16 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 5:00 pm

It is always a challenge to fight with you. The moment we realized your name, i told Governess we will be in your next video, and there you go :D (Bicska). We took like 3-4 tries to catch and kill you, awesome skills, fun fights even when loosing. Cheers.
Bicska this Bicska that

dtjror

Post#17 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:44 pm

[/quote]

But still, high WS can be neglected on SW, you have 3 magic damage abilities, with very high damage, usually this was always enough for me to kill a tank, again there are no tanks in the video, because all fights with them are 2-3 minutes
[/quote]

Uh, what? Flame Arrow is elem and paltry dmg. Fester is corp and good dmg but not used to kite. Third is ?

dtjror

Post#18 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:48 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:35 pm
lumpi33 wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 1:04 pm Ofc Fenris78 pops in to tell everybody how great SW is...

Check Tanaryon killboard ; 3:1 general ratio, 6:1 solo kills.

And I'm not doing that by ganking newbies unlike some others. Just playing casually, with a reasonable experience of my class, and used to beat many other dps trying to solo engage me... But I admit being in BiS gear atm (still getting very good results in vanquisher, tho). ;)

I never said aSW is the one and only DPS class because it's obviously untrue ; the class got many flaws ans clearly need balancing, just saying you still can do good with it, proof being made, hopefully, by me (without video editing :p) and Reynor right here... ;)
aSW w/ 70+ RR and full Sov is good. Tell us something we don’t know?

Ads
mryay

Post#19 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 2:46 am

dtjror wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 7:44 pm
But still, high WS can be neglected on SW, you have 3 magic damage abilities, with very high damage, usually this was always enough for me to kill a tank, again there are no tanks in the video, because all fights with them are 2-3 minutes
[/quote]

Uh, what? Flame Arrow is elem and paltry dmg. Fester is corp and good dmg but not used to kite. Third is ?
[/quote]
The third is "Fell the Weak" during Vengeance of Nagaryth buff --> it deals Spiritual Damage.
Same as Crosscut + VoN in Assault Tree --> deals Spiritual Damage.

/salute
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RoR: SW 82, AM Heal RR51
AoR: SW R87, BW/R60+, SM/40+, AM/R50+, WL/R60+, Slayer R40+, DoK/SH/Sorcerer R40+ (+others)

Deadpoet

Post#20 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 8:31 am

reynor007 wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:20 pm
rejndjer wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 1:11 pm how did you manage to get 61% crit chance? :O

also how can you kill regen BG/BO? i once fought regen BG for more than 5 minutes, couldnt take him down enough, and he couldnt catch me either...
61% counting tactics +20% crit chance of course
bg regen and BO will never reach you, you can pierce them with a poisoned and fiery arrow, or have high WS and tactics + 25% armor penetration
Why regen BG and BO will not catch you and chosen will? With quake? I m just curious about what makes regen chosen impossible to beat while regen BG and BO can be beaten.