Recent Topics

Ads

Sw gear

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
chookette

Sw gear

Post#1 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:55 pm

what gear and stats to aim for a sw aoe in the end game?

do we have several options? have you tried different ways? if so what are your conclusions?

Ads
chookette

Re: Sw gear

Post#2 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:21 pm

UP pls

Avernus

Post#3 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:59 pm

cap bs + 8k hp( 9k+ is preferable) +max ranged crit? Mix something like bloodlord+sentinel+something. You are still gonna be pretty mediocre at best. SW,as it is now, is trash.

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu Jan 05, 2023 9:43 am

full invader is when you can feel that you are maybe doing something. gonna have full warlord soon, i wonder if it will be any better. with full inv you get awesome crit rate for your skirmish abilities, you won't have max BS, but it's still better than playing skirm in mix builds that i had access to. right now im running 3x wl/3x inv/3x sentinel, but that's main scout spec with some skirm points.

chookette

Post#5 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:45 pm

for sw aoe skirmish i am currently full vanq + 2 bs + 2 lotd + Genesis + 1 ring bs. I shoot with a sm ww in a 12 man and I am regularly in top 1,2 or 3 dps. and it happens again when we switch to 3 grp and more.

I have two options available to me at Gear level and I would like to have feedback from full stuff players. either I will maximize the rangepower with 5wl + 2 lotd + another set to complete with 2 bs weapons (while having a possible max Crit rate) or I will seek max possible Crit with max possible stats by cumulating sov + triumphant with weapons fortress. Have you tried these two options? and what did you learn?

Avernus

Post#6 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 3:49 am

1. ws matters.
2. bs weapons doesn't seem to stack their +5% damage.
3. Fortress bow is good. Fortress sword is not (ty for useless ini). Unless you are aSW, then, maybe, its viable.
4. ws talismans - use them everywhere, cap bs with tactics+liniment.
5. Optimal weapons (rdps) - 1. fortress bow + bs sword for max damage 2. fortress bow + sc sword if you have some problems with AP regen (you probably will have them until you hit 78rr or sacrifice some damage).
6. Lotd set isn't that good - yeah, i was disappointed too.
7. For pre-sov gear - sentinel (trinket+head)+bloodloord (shoulders+cape+gloves)+vanq (boots+belt+chest). You can use bloodlord chest for AP regen but your damage will be lower.

chookette

Post#7 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:48 am

Thank you for your feedback, I think we have a different vision of what is good for our style of play.

yes the weapon bonuses do not accumulate but neither do the penalties. the bs weapon duo is interesting depending on the statistical orientation you are aiming for. so after the fortress arc is faster... to see but when I aim for a stat (here range power I go to the max).

init is a stat that is essential for me especially when using bulleyes. as an aoe dps I play like a mdps and I need to lower the chances of getting Crit to the max.

I completely agree with you on the lack of pa. it's my number 1 problem. steady aim is really boring for that. the only parade that I found to not limit my dps is morale 1 and popo de regen.

Avernus

Post#8 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:30 am

chookette wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:48 am 1. yes the weapon bonuses do not accumulate but neither do the penalties. the bs weapon duo is interesting depending on the statistical orientation you are aiming for. so after the fortress arc is faster... to see but when I aim for a stat (here range power I go to the max).

2. init is a stat that is essential for me especially when using bulleyes. as an aoe dps I play like a mdps and I need to lower the chances of getting Crit to the max.

3.I completely agree with you on the lack of pa. it's my number 1 problem. steady aim is really boring for that. the only parade that I found to not limit my dps is morale 1 and popo de regen.
1. Try to test the actual damage (altdorf practice dummy for example, the living armor one, they do have armor stat). Fortress bow is better, because of dps/weapon skill stat. Yes, i dismissed those fortress weapons too at first, bough them to test and the result wasnt the one i expeted to see. But its true that for max damage you should use bs sword.

2. I wonder where did you place the bullseye? Its usually something like 2 stat tactics+ ap tactic+ powerful draw (tested that to, it actually useful and you should not ignore it if you are playing skirmish). I guess you are using bullseye instead of 160 bs tactic (using bs talis to compensate).

3. It will be better with sov gear. Still no easy life though.

P.S. I tested +24bs and +23ws (switched sentinel heads with different talis) with this altdorf dummies, ws gives you more damage than bs, even if you are not at bs softcap (tested with 900~bs). True, its not like this 100% proves that bs<ws, hitting a target with different armor value can lead to somthing entirely different. Anyway, think for yourself.

Ads
chookette

Post#9 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:28 pm

Avernus wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:30 am
chookette wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:48 am 1. yes the weapon bonuses do not accumulate but neither do the penalties. the bs weapon duo is interesting depending on the statistical orientation you are aiming for. so after the fortress arc is faster... to see but when I aim for a stat (here range power I go to the max).

2. init is a stat that is essential for me especially when using bulleyes. as an aoe dps I play like a mdps and I need to lower the chances of getting Crit to the max.

3.I completely agree with you on the lack of pa. it's my number 1 problem. steady aim is really boring for that. the only parade that I found to not limit my dps is morale 1 and popo de regen.
1. Try to test the actual damage (altdorf practice dummy for example, the living armor one, they do have armor stat). Fortress bow is better, because of dps/weapon skill stat. Yes, i dismissed those fortress weapons too at first, bough them to test and the result wasnt the one i expeted to see. But its true that for max damage you should use bs sword.

2. I wonder where did you place the bullseye? Its usually something like 2 stat tactics+ ap tactic+ powerful draw (tested that to, it actually useful and you should not ignore it if you are playing skirmish). I guess you are using bullseye instead of 160 bs tactic (using bs talis to compensate).

3. It will be better with sov gear. Still no easy life though.

P.S. I tested +24bs and +23ws (switched sentinel heads with different talis) with this altdorf dummies, ws gives you more damage than bs, even if you are not at bs softcap (tested with 900~bs). True, its not like this 100% proves that bs<ws, hitting a target with different armor value can lead to somthing entirely different. Anyway, think for yourself.
My tactics IA+Bull+SA+PD. I can Switch SA depending on the gameplay style of my team.

chookette

Post#10 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:33 pm

I'm aiming for 5 wl 3 trium 2 lotd and last spot ring with stats to maximize ranger power with a crit rate around 54% under bulleys