Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
geezereur

Re: [Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Post#11 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:42 am

They are decent but not as good as they once was, that 20% dam nerf hit hard for both eng and magus.

Ads
Shanell

Post#12 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:50 am

As a Magus, I am always on a ride that makes em all jealous. I have a cool cane that makes em scared. All I need - a cool hat and leopard-pallete dye.
Spoiler:
BG Kecis | Magus Zechariah | Chosen Kastul

Brakh

Post#13 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 1:42 pm

Magus damaging abilities are spread among various damage types, maybe addition of some tactic working with Glean Magic reducing all resistances instead of spirit will improve overall performance of this class?

lumpi33

Post#14 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:07 pm

- instant deamon/turret without tactic. no other class needs a tactic to make their class mechanic work.
- faster ticking pet bonus or only 4 ticks but twice the effect instead of 8
- more range for pet aura (25ft is waay too short). something like 80 or 100 would be nice
- engi needs some kind of armor pierce/debuff to be on par with the magus magical damage

This alone would help these two classes a lot.

vanbuinen77

Post#15 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:35 pm

Heal debuff and instant pet with no tactic
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

Sinisterror

Post#16 » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:19 pm

Instant Pet without tactic. 2x Faster dmg stacksfrom being near pet and range 45-60Ft instead of 30. Engineer Quick Reloader tactic add to it "+ 25% Armour penetration of Path of Rifleman skills/Autoattack (Stacking with Armour Piercing Rounds)

HD ofc would be nice but they should just Give 25% HD Proc on wpns to all of these classess. Engi/Magus/Rp/Zeal/DpsDok/DpsWP/Blorc/SM/Sorc/BW.

Atm Choppa is only Destro who gets 25% HD Proc. Order gets Slayer/Wl/IB/WP. And dont ******* Compare PROC in a WPN to class mechanics. Blorc/SM are only tanks that should get this 25% HD in 2H wpn. Order gets 360 Physical/Magical Dmg procs on Subjugator and Fortress wpns. WH/Engi/Sw/Slayer gets Both physical/Magical versions of the procs on same wpns.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Sinisterror

Post#17 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:04 am

Might as well post on this magus thread so it might end up fixed. Pink Horror skills Daemonic fire works, other skill doesnt. Flamer has 0 working skills, only autoattacks and Blue horror 1 out of 2 skills work. Been like this for months, probably more but ive played magus lately so i noticed. Gonna check engineer now.

Gun Turret 1 out of 2 works. Bombardment/Flamer Both skills work.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Aethilmar

Post#18 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:44 am

Some version of Loner tactic and 50% crit damage bonus tactic for Daemonology skills would probably do the trick.

Ads
Nukemi

Post#19 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:00 am

All i want is instant summon pets without a tactic. Freeing up that one tactic you have to use in every build would go a long way. Magus is miserable to play without it.

Also, chaos rift could use some help. It's targeting is god awful at times. Terrain screws it up very easily and often when i use it even on a flat terrain with no immunities around i only pull 1-2 people instead of the 6. I even don't get disrupts, it just fails to do what it's supposed to do most of the time when its used making it really finicky and unreliable. I feel like it just needs little bit more consistency to make magus great again.

With these 2 changes, i'd be perfectly happy with My Magus for a long time.

malark

Post#20 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:21 pm

i doubt much will change anyway but if I was going to show magus some love i'd either drop the 3 second cast for pet entirely or make the insta caster a base buff or an ability buff low in a tree

just to take some pressure off magus tactics choices and hey why not apparently witch hunters get 5 tactics

i'd at least also fix the pets back up so they do what they're supposed to and they just do it, the constant tweaking to the pets is annoying and sucks, like I still h ave no idea why they just decided to mess with the blue pet so much, he used to just do a nice aoe with grapics effectjust like it was supposed to do but now he like, attacks with melee instead or something it's all weird