Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Avernus

Re: [Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Post#61 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:52 am

Tesq wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:01 pm again both squig/sw can melee or self punt it's totaly different, when you can pick between a squig/sw and a magus/engi 99% change you go for magus/engi unless its a well know engi turtle builder
Unless you are aSW/mSH your "melee" is a bad joke. And i'm not sure about SH (he does have a working toolkit to save his skin) but yeah you will be focused as SW - because its easy to kill him, the only way to try to save your life is this self-punt. Which can be "interrupted" (CC the moment after you cast it) or it can do nothing (yep, funny, right?). And if it fails/you are pulled back immidiately - you are less survivable than magus - no way to give yourself 2k wounds, it's hard to invest the significant amount of stats into your defence because your damage depends on your bs/ws (2 bloody stats) instead of max int (like damned mages) and then just do whatever.

Ads
Tesq

Post#62 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:43 am

Avernus wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:52 am
Tesq wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:01 pm again both squig/sw can melee or self punt it's totaly different, when you can pick between a squig/sw and a magus/engi 99% change you go for magus/engi unless its a well know engi turtle builder
Unless you are aSW/mSH your "melee" is a bad joke. And i'm not sure about SH (he does have a working toolkit to save his skin) but yeah you will be focused as SW - because its easy to kill him, the only way to try to save your life is this self-punt. Which can be "interrupted" (CC the moment after you cast it) or it can do nothing (yep, funny, right?). And if it fails/you are pulled back immidiately - you are less survivable than magus - no way to give yourself 2k wounds, it's hard to invest the significant amount of stats into your defence because your damage depends on your bs/ws (2 bloody stats) instead of max int (like damned mages) and then just do whatever.
These are lies ... I've seen plenty of working good in melee sw/squig in sc / city....the difference lies regarding guard with guard magus cant just sit in melee range and do its things meanwhile squig/sw can, thats why you have that range and you can double armor, this is pretty much base knowledge about how class can be play. This inferiority complex of sw seems absurd to me. I'm pointing to problem for both magus/engi in contest where there is no fluff big numbers going on.

Snowhawk

Post#63 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:32 pm

uhhh perma 125ft range for magus/ingi?
All other rdps dont want this!!!

Avernus

Post#64 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:07 pm

Tesq wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:43 am These are lies ... I've seen plenty of working good in melee sw/squig in sc / city....the difference lies regarding guard with guard magus cant just sit in melee range and do its things meanwhile squig/sw can, thats why you have that range and you can double armor, this is pretty much base knowledge about how class can be play. This inferiority complex of sw seems absurd to me. I'm pointing to problem for both magus/engi in contest where there is no fluff big numbers going on.
Avernus wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:52 am Unless you are aSW/mSH your "melee" is a bad joke.
Read this again. Where did i lie? aSW/mSH means that you are dedicated melee and that all your tactics slotted just for that. I do have a tank buddy and as guarded 80+ SW i can say - no, if you are not specced for that - you can't survive melee. I WILL try aSW...but not now, i don't have enough crests for this yet.

Keep in mind, everything you can do as SW (unless you can 2-3 shot someone with FA+follow-up, but those lowgear guys don't even deserve to be called a worthy target) is basically somewhat 65-72ft because its the range of your healing debuff (65-80ft for SH). And without this healing debuff you are kinda useless trash, barely better than offtank (as dps, not overall).

P.S. this "double armor" usually comes together with ~0 toughness (yes, 0!). don't forget this. Its something around 3300-3100 (armor buff included). And (again) when you are using this stance/squig armor just for defence- you can't do anything good, basically you stop dealing your max damage.

Sinisterror

Post#65 » Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:21 pm

Still boggles my mind when they changed SW/SH and decided to make Melee Sw's single target dmg and Melee Sh's Aoe dmg. Order needs more Aoe Melee in general and Destro needs More Aoe Ranged pressure. Oh well.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Avernus

Post#66 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:14 am

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:21 pm Still boggles my mind when they changed SW/SH and decided to make Melee Sw's single target dmg and Melee Sh's Aoe dmg. Order needs more Aoe Melee in general and Destro needs More Aoe Ranged pressure. Oh well.
Yeah and because of the fact that the most dusgusting skirmisher you can meet is dps shaman/dps AM they nerfed skirmish SW/quick shootin' SH (range). Because...no idea.

Tesq

Post#67 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:50 pm

Avernus wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:14 am
Sinisterror wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:21 pm Still boggles my mind when they changed SW/SH and decided to make Melee Sw's single target dmg and Melee Sh's Aoe dmg. Order needs more Aoe Melee in general and Destro needs More Aoe Ranged pressure. Oh well.
Yeah and because of the fact that the most dusgusting skirmisher you can meet is dps shaman/dps AM they nerfed skirmish SW/quick shootin' SH (range). Because...no idea.
I can agree the differance make some problem regarding balance, also sw appart from that op m3 which snare is lacking at least in diversity and spec option ; instead have pletoria of ST option ....they could change half melee mastery to be a melee finisher and half to be something to conplete the aoe range build.

What i mean is sw is design to swap middle fight if its balance dosent match its design that another topic. You can swap and should in those sich at least for durvive it's a core feature which dont require any build into. Magus(and engi) dont have that. Hence that range make sense on sw/squig (mobile casters that can became melee) it really dont on magus/engi.

Avernus

Post#68 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:36 pm

Tesq wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:50 pm What i mean is sw is design to swap middle fight if its balance dosent match its design that another topic. You can swap and should in those sich at least for survive it's a core feature which dont require any build into. Magus(and engi) dont have that. Hence that range make sense on sw/squig (mobile casters that can became melee) it really dont on magus/engi.
Magus (unlike engie) can stack more def stats that SW. And this wounds will help you against EVERYTHING. This armor doesn't help at all, unless you can stack it up to 5k + 10k hp, you can't do this and still have something resembling damage, there is no 90+ sets and +160 wounds tactic.

P.S. Funny fact, BS weapon doubles its armor debuff when you switch to assault. Stack armor, ha!

Ads
Tesq

Post#69 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:07 pm

Avernus wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:36 pm
Tesq wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:50 pm What i mean is sw is design to swap middle fight if its balance dosent match its design that another topic. You can swap and should in those sich at least for survive it's a core feature which dont require any build into. Magus(and engi) dont have that. Hence that range make sense on sw/squig (mobile casters that can became melee) it really dont on magus/engi.
Magus (unlike engie) can stack more def stats that SW. And this wounds will help you against EVERYTHING. This armor doesn't help at all, unless you can stack it up to 5k + 10k hp, you can't do this and still have something resembling damage, there is no 90+ sets and +160 wounds tactic.

P.S. Funny fact, BS weapon doubles its armor debuff when you switch to assault. Stack armor, ha!
The wounds buff is spec dependand, and therefore it depend what you give away, sw/squig are core stuff
Also no def engi with guard is way more durable than magus. A temp 20 sec biff wounds with a60 sec cd is still inferior to keg. 300 every 3 sec x 20 tick 6k heal to all party....

nocturnalguest

Post#70 » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:28 pm

Avernus wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:36 pm P.S. Funny fact, BS weapon doubles its armor debuff when you switch to assault. Stack armor, ha!
Yeah and so does any armor debuff. As they do decrease the base value and only then from debuffed base value armor/stance bonus is applied (reapplied). Working as intended