Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Tesq

Re: [Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Post#31 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:11 pm

Baaldr wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:11 pm For WB play magus needs dmg on warpfire to go up and engi need more dmg on static discharge and slightly more on lighting rod.

For smallscale I think magus is pretty fine dmg wise just needs some sort of utility maybe a HD or a slow.
Engi on the other hand also needs abit more dmg on the rifleman specc I would lower the cd on armorpiercing rounds by half and also give them a ranged slow or a HD.
just make warpfire tabletop lore friendly by making it undefeatable, it will ista fix the skill, atm is just filler for when you are GCD increase and you want spam deamonic lash

Ads
Tesq

Post#32 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:15 pm

tazdingo wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:15 am more sources of +range, even if its real tough to get, like onslaught gloves. did the event pies get kept as linis? i haven't caught up on updates. when you start pushing range/radius to max with pet magus' unique tools actually start feeling very powerful to me
both engi and magus mid mastery actually need a solid 20 feet basic range buff, it would be for base 5 feet more than sorc/bw, requiring tactic for really basic simmetry balance in the game is no fun... ofc this wont make left mastery skills less rangy, just the work done on magus/engi shoudl close by move part of range pet into both mid and left mastery, like mid 85 feet range and left 105 range, leaving purple nerfed to increase only those 20 feet more (4 x 5 stack).

it's nothing like being unplayable but it's still no brain.
Last edited by Tesq on Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Avernus

Post#33 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:43 am

Tesq wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:15 pm
both engi and magus mid mastery actually need a solid 20 feet basic range buff, it would be for base 5 feet more than sorc/bw, requiring tactic for really basic simmetry balance in the game is no fun... ofc this wont make left mastery skills less rangy, just the work done on magus/engi shoudl close by move part of range pet into both mid and left mastery, like mid 85 feet range and left 105 range, leaving purple increase those 20 feet more (4 x 5 stack).

it's nothing like being unplayable but it's still no brian.
"i want to spam my aoe and be safe at the same time" - Thats the idea, right? And how my poor SW loser even lives with his skirmish 65ft...(bad, it's the obvious answer). But its the common rule - you can't spam AoE while avoiding AoE yourself. And that means ~40-65ft (and melee ofc). Most of suggestions here are are actually "make us op pls".

Tesq

Post#34 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:40 am

Avernus wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:43 am
Tesq wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:15 pm
both engi and magus mid mastery actually need a solid 20 feet basic range buff, it would be for base 5 feet more than sorc/bw, requiring tactic for really basic simmetry balance in the game is no fun... ofc this wont make left mastery skills less rangy, just the work done on magus/engi shoudl close by move part of range pet into both mid and left mastery, like mid 85 feet range and left 105 range, leaving purple increase those 20 feet more (4 x 5 stack).

it's nothing like being unplayable but it's still no brian.
"i want to spam my aoe and be safe at the same time" - Thats the idea, right? And how my poor SW loser even lives with his skirmish 65ft...(bad, it's the obvious answer). But its the common rule - you can't spam AoE while avoiding AoE yourself. And that means ~40-65ft (and melee ofc). Most of suggestions here are are actually "make us op pls".
You have a static pet, sw dosent also, then apply this to bw/sorc spamming 1 skill from 100 feet...
85 feet is just a natural range for magus/engi mid mastery imo.

Avernus

Post#35 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:58 am

Tesq wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:40 am You have a static pet, sw dosent also, then apply this to bw/sorc spamming 1 skill from 100 feet...
Ignore the pet then. Don't want to lose your damage bonus? Well, SW doesn't have them in the first place...And btw can you tell me when the BW/sorc's AoE became 100ft?

Tesq

Post#36 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:40 am

Avernus wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:58 am
Tesq wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:40 am You have a static pet, sw dosent also, then apply this to bw/sorc spamming 1 skill from 100 feet...
Ignore the pet then. Don't want to lose your damage bonus? Well, SW doesn't have them in the first place...And btw can you tell me when the BW/sorc's AoE became 100ft?
Rof spam is 80+10 feet of half radious...so well yea 90 instead 100...

I mean the problem is not even firestorm which is alredy 80 feet, it' is just rend wind which isn't aoe and then just glean magic, again simply move it from 65 to 85 feet would fix it, magus and engi arent mobile as bw/sorc/sw/squig.

Again is just a problem of the pink horrors having all the feet buff for itself... these range buff should be splash better across left/mid mastery not a general buff but simply a re balance of the buff of the time. At least for me if bw/sorc have 80 feet then magus/engi should have 85 simply due the fact they cant run around with their meccanic it's stuck around for 10 sec (if you take tactic).

lumpi33

Post#37 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:32 am

Avernus wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:43 am "i want to spam my aoe and be safe at the same time" - Thats the idea, right? And how my poor SW loser even lives with his skirmish 65ft...(bad, it's the obvious answer). But its the common rule - you can't spam AoE while avoiding AoE yourself. And that means ~40-65ft (and melee ofc). Most of suggestions here are are actually "make us op pls".
The trade off for more range is being more squishy. Ranged classes wear light armor. Melees medium and heavy with more armor, more toughness and more avoidance.

A skirmish SW can't go into melee aoe spamming range. They would die instantly. That's the main reason it is not playable atm. Why take a squishy skirmish SW when you can have a WL or Slayer that is tankier and has more damage output?

Id say it's mainly the melee aoe stacking that needs a nerf. Unlimited stacking, good range, high damage and pretty much unlimited targets is way too good. That needs to be done first before buffing others.

And yeah, engis and SWs are underperforming. Go to https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk and select "Career Stats", then select all ranged dps classes and see.

Avernus

Post#38 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:36 am

Tesq wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:40 am
1. Rof spam is 80+10 feet of half radious...so well yea 90 instead 100...

2. I mean the problem is not even firestorm which is alredy 80 feet

3. it' is just rend wind which isn't aoe and then just glean magic, again simply move it from 65 to 85 feet would fix it,

4. magus and engi arent mobile as bw/sorc/sw/squig.

5. Again is just a problem of the pink horrors having all the feet buff for itself... these range buff should be splash better across left/mid mastery not a general buff but simply a re balance of the buff of the time. At least for me if bw/sorc have 80 feet then magus/engi should have 85 simply due the fact they cant run around with their meccanic it's stuck around for 10 sec (if you take tactic).
1. Is it even worth to use it to actually kill something instead of RR leeching/saving your morale? I mean, this thing doesn't stack and AoE that can't be stacked is...not the best thing.

2. Yes, you do have the same crappy skill.

3. So, you want to have your crapload of AoE dots and spam AoE ability and with all this kit to be able to outrange AoE abilities from other classes if you allowed to stay around of your pet for a few seconds. No, ty.

4. You are chained to your pet or what? You can cast a lot of dots on the move and they DO pack a punch. Wanna cast on the move? Sounds like are just want to have the good sides from other classes without losing anything.

5. How about remove all your AoE dots then but give you AoE spam ability like BW,Sorc...creating just copy of a different class (AoE part at least). Wanna keep your AoE dots ? So you DO want to be better than BW/Sorc?

Ads
Avernus

Post#39 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:57 am

lumpi33 wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:32 am
1. The trade off for more range is being more squishy. Ranged classes wear light armor. Melees medium and heavy with more armor, more toughness and more avoidance.

2. A skirmish SW can't go into melee aoe spamming range. They would die instantly. That's the main reason it is not playable atm. Why take a squishy skirmish SW when you can have a WL or Slayer that is tankier and has more damage output?

3. Id say it's mainly the melee aoe stacking that needs a nerf. Unlimited stacking, good range, high damage and pretty much unlimited targets is way too good. That needs to be done first before buffing others.

4. And yeah, engis and SWs are underperforming. Go to https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk and select "Career Stats", then select all ranged dps classes and see.
1. Its kinda funny though that magus is far more tanky than SW while having more range (tip. you don't need ws so you can invest into your defence, no mandatory -120 t tactic, wounds self-buff, armor selfbuff. No happyness for engie though).

2. Have a tank buddy to protect you. That way you won't die instantly (just very fast lol, don't try to tank damage). Why pick aoe SW? AoE morale bombing - this the ONLY thing we can do good (SM with WW is mandatory ofc). But you are right, its better to have some WL/Slayers to back this up. Recently, rolled over Brutality@co as SW in the city, that was kinda funny, a proper melee train WB (2 maras, 1 WE, 1 sorc, the rest dps are choppas, all guarded and healed) was wiped by WB of questionable class quality (class, not skill thats for sure). I bet the WE was blamed for that :D.

3. Just stay with the rest and spam your aoe. Its not like alternatives are any better than this. I do think that rift/magnet engie/magus should be viable again.

4. Nothing new actually.

madmatics

Post#40 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:08 pm

Tesq wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:11 pm
Baaldr wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:11 pm For WB play magus needs dmg on warpfire to go up and engi need more dmg on static discharge and slightly more on lighting rod.

For smallscale I think magus is pretty fine dmg wise just needs some sort of utility maybe a HD or a slow.
Engi on the other hand also needs abit more dmg on the rifleman specc I would lower the cd on armorpiercing rounds by half and also give them a ranged slow or a HD.
just make warpfire tabletop lore friendly by making it undefeatable, it will ista fix the skill, atm is just filler for when you are GCD increase and you want spam deamonic lash
Would love to see a stronger use case for Warpfire. Be it more dmg or being able to cast it while moving