Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Templa

Re: [Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Post#51 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:18 am

What about a mechanic like in WoW? Companions get only a fraction of untargeted AoE dmg applied to them. This way in order to kill a lion,turret, demon you would have to intentionally swap to it and target it to kill.
Image Image

Ads
Avernus

Post#52 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:35 am

Templa wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 11:18 am What about a mechanic like in WoW? Companions get only a fraction of untargeted AoE dmg applied to them. This way in order to kill a lion,turret, demon you would have to intentionally swap to it and target it to kill.
Wasn't that on live server? Can't remember though. Yes, this would be a way to increase pet survivability.

Tesq

Post#53 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:21 am

Spoiler:
Avernus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:27 am
Tesq wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:51 am 1. Yes they can stag and so? Is not like you spam stag all around ya, be able to keep pressure is way better the way game work, also stag is a soft cc and altought is hard it can even be disrupt/dodge.

2. """"I mean is not like bw have a 80 feet aoe silence...and magus/engi can clear stan right?"""

3. See i can do this too kinda meh talk too ....
1. Sure, 1v1 is very funny, when you got staggered and the moment you are free from CC you are already full of dots, probably without a half+ of your hp against fully prepared magus. And what what pressure you are talking about? Do you even know that your dots combined are far more powerful than SW's 2 dots+spiral arrow crap? (SH is fine though ty again devs). Or maybe you are saying that BW/Sorc are able to utilize thei full potential damage without casting anything? No, i don't think so (they can kill you using ista cast abilities though...but magus can do the same, not so bursty though...probably).

2. Stricken voices (tip. its sorc). As for engie/magus...Knockback? check. AoE stagger? check. Stun? check. AoE root? check. And all this stuff are your core abilities. Are you sure that you deserved to have more?

3. Sure.
Sw /squig are able to click double armor, they are a different class, idk why you insist so much on this comparison sw litteray bacame a st melee. It dosent need to run but it could also snare and self punt run , kd , disarm etc.
It's not like it lack any CC exept stag.
The more closes classes to which magus/engi has always being compared has been bw/sorc.
If you tell me range sw is subpar maybe yes but i dont understad what that have to do with e range rebalance(not buff) for magus/engi

Bw have an aoe silence aswell btw as i told above.

Avernus

Post#54 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:52 am

Tesq wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:21 am
1. Sw /squig are able to click double armor, they are a different class, idk why you insist so much on this comparison sw litteray bacame a st melee. It dosent need to run but it could also snare and self punt run , kd , disarm etc.

2. It's not like it lack any CC exept stag.
The more closes classes to which magus/engi has always being compared has been bw/sorc.

3. If you tell me range sw is subpar maybe yes but i dont understad what that have to do with e range rebalance(not buff) for magus/engi

4. Bw have an aoe silence aswell btw as i told above.
1. Yes you can double your armor but whithout armor talis it means nothing. And 0 toughness isn't helping either. You could have some surivivability with 90-100+ armor on live, but in RoR you are just another squishie.

2. Melee SW is a questionable choice until you get bis gear. And for CC...we have 1 ranged stun (can't be casted while moving + it's in the wrong skill tree now, bloody "ty" to the one who did this), self punt and snare. Thats all. You can't knockback (unless you pick trashy M1). SH can though...

3. Because your rebalance will affect all classes, other rdps being the first ones to feel the change.

4. "Yes. Both sides have this skill. Totally mirrored. Why even mention this skill?" - that was the idea behind my words.

Tesq

Post#55 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:43 am

Spoiler:
Avernus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:52 am
Tesq wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:21 am
1. Sw /squig are able to click double armor, they are a different class, idk why you insist so much on this comparison sw litteray bacame a st melee. It dosent need to run but it could also snare and self punt run , kd , disarm etc.

2. It's not like it lack any CC exept stag.

3. If you tell me range sw is subpar maybe yes but i dont understad what that have to do with e range rebalance(not buff) for magus/engi

4. Bw have an aoe silence aswell btw as i told above.
1. Yes you can double your armor but whithout armor talis it means nothing. And 0 toughness isn't helping either. You could have some surivivability with 90-100+ armor on live, but in RoR you are just another squishie.

2. Melee SW is a questionable choice until you get bis gear. And for CC...we have 1 ranged stun (can't be casted while moving + it's in the wrong skill tree now, bloody "ty" to the one who did this), self punt and snare. Thats all. You can't knockback (unless you pick trashy M1). SH can though...

3. Because your rebalance will affect all classes, other rdps being the first ones to feel the change.

4. "Yes. Both sides have this skill. Totally mirrored. Why even mention this skill?" - that was the idea behind my words.
I dont understand what it does mean it will affect all classes.... magus/engi "alredy" can reach this ranges in mid mastery spec " exept in sc" exept in mid mastery exept for st build.... Due more dynamic 3d movement requiring to not use pink horror if spec mid mastery...the aoe build you are speaking require be in 40 feet to use deamonic lash....the aoe spam you worry so much from afar is 2 aoe dot and 1 channeling every 20 sec for 10 sec. Which require pink horror anyway pre and after what im suggesting ...i just meant to remove 20 from pink and put 20 on some skills that need it on left and mid mastery. So that the build would function for its range which for st skills suppose to be 80 feet and not 60...
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avernus

Post#56 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:06 am

Tesq wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:43 am
I dont understand what it does mean it will affect all classes.... magus/engi "alredy" can reach this ranges in mid mastery spec " exept in sc" exept in mid mastery exept for st build.... Due more dynamic 3d movement requiring to not use pink horror if spec mid mastery...the aoe build you are speaking require be in 40 feet to use deamonic lash....the aoe spam you worry so much from afar is 2 aoe dot and 1 channeling every 20 sec for 10 sec. Which require pink horror anyway pre and after what im suggesting ...i just meant to remove 20 from pink and put 20 on some skills that need it on left and mid mastery.
You want to include some of your pet bonuses to your core stuff? Well, as WL player i want the same too (like totally balanced only 65ft mara pull...)

Don't think this will happen though. Devs doesn't seem tho bother with balance atm (i do hope that i'm wrong but patch notes are saying for themselves...yeah i know about this new ability system...but goddamit, i wish at least SOMETHING to happen).

Tesq

Post#57 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:31 am

Spoiler:
Avernus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:06 am
Tesq wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:43 am
I dont understand what it does mean it will affect all classes.... magus/engi "alredy" can reach this ranges in mid mastery spec " exept in sc" exept in mid mastery exept for st build.... Due more dynamic 3d movement requiring to not use pink horror if spec mid mastery...the aoe build you are speaking require be in 40 feet to use deamonic lash....the aoe spam you worry so much from afar is 2 aoe dot and 1 channeling every 20 sec for 10 sec. Which require pink horror anyway pre and after what im suggesting ...i just meant to remove 20 from pink and put 20 on some skills that need it on left and mid mastery.
You want to include some of your pet bonuses to your core stuff? Well, as WL player i want the same too (like totally balanced only 65ft mara pull...)

Don't think this will happen though. Devs doesn't seem tho bother with balance atm (i do hope that i'm wrong but patch notes are saying for themselves...yeah i know about this new ability system...but goddamit, i wish at least SOMETHING to happen).
The difference it's this is something that it needs to be fixed for both engi magus....like total mirror thing not making sense since it's a rdp and not a melee .... 65 feet is a range you find only on magus/engi and only for 2-3 skills... Where all other rdd have 80+

Avernus

Post#58 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:41 am

Tesq wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:31 am 65 feet is a range you find only on magus/engi and only for 2-3 skills... Where all other rdd have 80+
And SW/SH skirmish/quick shootin'...Btw gobbo outranges SW...

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#59 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:50 pm

Mid tree magus/engi (mostly magus tho) is already the only sustained ranged AoE in game, with only other one being BW RoF spam which is arguably more of a gimmicky spec. And AoE at range is very powerful in some situations, as it allows you to stay out of melee range while applying AoE to melee blob. While im a big fan of making the range on changing spec skills longer i do think that the dot build would become really opressive in funnels. That being said, while i dont think making rend winds (specifically one skill, as its a ST one) longer range would be very bad, but it could make half of havoc tree redundant with its superior dps so i still dont think its a good idea. I also suspect adding 20 feet to ST range punt on both classes could cause various issues. Which brings me to a conclusion that none of changing skills should their range in any way improved.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Tesq

Post#60 » Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:01 pm

Avernus wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:41 am
Tesq wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:31 am 65 feet is a range you find only on magus/engi and only for 2-3 skills... Where all other rdd have 80+
And SW/SH skirmish/quick shootin'...Btw gobbo outranges SW...
again both squig/sw can melee or self punt it's totaly different, when you can pick between a squig/sw and a magus/engi 99% change you go for magus/engi unless its a well know engi turtle builder