Recent Topics

Ads

[Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Cyrylius

Re: [Magus] What would make magus be beter in WB play

Post#41 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:53 pm

I want to say that an excellent use case for warpfire was already presented. It lasts an long time and by the virtue of being a channel bypasses shatter limbs. So, if you get hit by shater limbs, and lash is on 3 seconds CD, you can use lash, blast, lash, channel warpfire, lash and gleam magic. That already makes warpfire a very useful ability.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Ads
Avernus

Post#42 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:31 pm

madmatics wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:08 pm Would love to see a stronger use case for Warpfire. Be it more dmg or being able to cast it while moving
That one sounds reasonable.

Tesq

Post#43 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:26 pm

You guys seema very bias regarding other classes or have some kind of hate vs engi/maguse, im not saying the range should be buffed if i want i can stay pink horror behind the zerg and spam whatever from afar even top floor keeps. It is not an issue of max range potential, it's a problem of internal class balance especially when it came to fight into sc. Again yes magus/are mobile but not as much as bw/sorc if for whatever reason enemy kite straight line you wont be able to keep up pressure the way you could with bw/sorc/sw/squig.

Simply redistribuite the pink horror buff more equally across mid-left mastery while also nerf pink range buff would simply make even st build on mid mastery and make by a small ammount magus/engi less dependand on pet not much but would solve those kite sich where you can keep up dd.

Avernus

Post#44 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:17 am

Tesq wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:26 pm Again yes magus/are mobile but not as much as bw/sorc if for whatever reason enemy kite straight line you wont be able to keep up pressure the way you could with bw/sorc/sw/squig.
Yes, but this classes, for example, can't throw a stagger in your face the moment you look funny at them. I'm sure they want to do so. Should they be able to?

Tesq

Post#45 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:51 am

Avernus wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 2:17 am
Tesq wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:26 pm Again yes magus/are mobile but not as much as bw/sorc if for whatever reason enemy kite straight line you wont be able to keep up pressure the way you could with bw/sorc/sw/squig.
Yes, but this classes, for example, can't throw a stagger in your face the moment you look funny at them. I'm sure they want to do so. Should they be able to?
Yes they can stag and so? Is not like you spam stag all around ya, be able to keep pressure is way better the way game work, also stag is a soft cc and altought is hard it can even be disrupt/dodge.

""""I mean is not like bw have a 80 feet aoe silence...and magus/engi can clear stan right?"""

See i can do this too kinda meh talk too ....

Avernus

Post#46 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:27 am

Tesq wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:51 am 1. Yes they can stag and so? Is not like you spam stag all around ya, be able to keep pressure is way better the way game work, also stag is a soft cc and altought is hard it can even be disrupt/dodge.

2. """"I mean is not like bw have a 80 feet aoe silence...and magus/engi can clear stan right?"""

3. See i can do this too kinda meh talk too ....
1. Sure, 1v1 is very funny, when you got staggered and the moment you are free from CC you are already full of dots, probably without a half+ of your hp against fully prepared magus. And what what pressure you are talking about? Do you even know that your dots combined are far more powerful than SW's 2 dots+spiral arrow crap? (SH is fine though ty again devs). Or maybe you are saying that BW/Sorc are able to utilize thei full potential damage without casting anything? No, i don't think so (they can kill you using ista cast abilities though...but magus can do the same, not so bursty though...probably).

2. Stricken voices (tip. its sorc). As for engie/magus...Knockback? check. AoE stagger? check. Stun? check. AoE root? check. And all this stuff are your core abilities. Are you sure that you deserved to have more?

3. Sure.

Templa

Post#47 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:33 am

Just make "resummon" and "redeploy" baseline instacast without the use of the "Chaotic Attunement" and "Well Oiled Machine" tactic. The fundamental playstyle should not be changed imo.
Image Image

Avernus

Post#48 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:36 am

Templa wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:33 am Just make "resummon" and "redeploy" baseline instacast without the use of the "Chaotic Attunement" and "Well Oiled Machine" tactic. The fundamental playstyle should not be changed imo.
Isn't the fact that you allow your demon/turret to be killed supposed to punish you for that? I do agree with the resummon part though, you should be able to instacast/AP free redeploy without a tactic, just a cooldow big enough so you can't spam it (if tooltip isn't lying to me - it's 20s cd atm, sounds okay).

Ads
Templa

Post#49 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:34 am

Ah yes. I forgot that the heal was a channel. Well that would have to be a hot instead. So in order for teleporting your flamer turret/demon into the melee zerg you would need to compensate for it by keeping it healed as much as possible. But that would be kinda op in smallscale. So i dunno how that would be balanced correctly.
Maybe just put redeploy off gcd and make it insta. :mrgreen:
Image Image

Avernus

Post#50 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:56 am

Templa wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:34 am Well that would have to be a hot instead.
Like WL? Don't think you'll like it. Bloody cat still dies even on the sc with a 2+aoe spammers and this hot is almost completely useless. I don't think that melee turrets/daemons fare any better. And this is sad.