Recent Topics

Ads

Another very small request...?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
GrishnakBlagtoof

Another very small request...?

Post#1 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:26 am

Greetings all!

So this AddOn community has been amazing, there's some great addon's out there! Despite the fact that I have A LOT of Addon's, I've only really ran into trouble with Enemy and WarCommander throwing back issues and not working......

Here's War Commander I can't figure out...
unique lines
I'm pretty much giving up on both Enemy and WarCommander unless someone can solve this one.......

But I'm asking if there's anyone that can take that Career Icon over the head of everyone that Enemy has and make it as a stand-alone add-on? Maybe with some small adjustment type features, ie making the icons bigger or smaller, higher or lower, green if your faction, red if not.....little distance indicator would be sweet, but distance numbers would probably either impossible or lag-o-rific!

I wish I knew the LUA language enough to do this and not bother you fine, busy people, but I don't, so I'm making a small request. The last request I made spawned TVbrown's UI5 and UI6, so who knows what we'll get if someone's brave enough to tackle this!!!

I thank you all in advance... :mrgreen:

See you on the field!
WAAAGH!!!!
Blood for the Blood God.....yeah yeah Lord of Change...whatever...
For Sigmar!
Let's do some hammering!
(sorry, Elves aren't heroic enough for a battlecry)
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Ads
Fenris78

Re: Another very small request...?

Post#2 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:00 am

One clue about your addons not working could be related to spaces/special characters into a folder's name (that's why some get troubles running from "program files" folder).

Did you try to run your game from a root drive, or a non-spaced folder name ? (like MMORPG_Stuff/RoR instead of all those spaces).

I know by experience many programs dont like at all special characters to find their stuff, leading to many errors, notably "file missing" ones...

Also I dont know Warcommander, but shouldnt it be located into RoR > interface > addons as well ?

I'm skeptical about running "old" addons from another location, especially from your desktop folder (wich is never a good idea, see previous note :p ).

sullemunk
Addon Developer

Post#3 » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:27 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:00 am One clue about your addons not working could be related to spaces/special characters into a folder's name (that's why some get troubles running from "program files" folder).

Did you try to run your game from a root drive, or a non-spaced folder name ? (like MMORPG_Stuff/RoR instead of all those spaces).

I know by experience many programs dont like at all special characters to find their stuff, leading to many errors, notably "file missing" ones...

Also I dont know Warcommander, but shouldnt it be located into RoR > interface > addons as well ?

I'm skeptical about running "old" addons from another location, especially from your desktop folder (wich is never a good idea, see previous note :p ).
told him that, but he is running it under a MacBook using Crossover, so there goes my ideas...
Image Ethreal   Image Corque   Image Urgiz   Image Loxley   Image Chilli   Image Maduza

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#4 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:59 am

Yeah, using that of course makes everything all the more difficult. Such is my life, no worries I understand it's a pain...
That's probably a last resort, reinstalling from the bottom up. I feel it was random luck I got it to work in the first place, so I'm reluctant to reinstalling, but hey if that's the only solution, either I try that or I just don't use the couple addons.

I'd love an Add-on like WarCommander, the warband leader helper is great, I modified it to suit my specific needs, but I don't know how to add the specific features WarCommander has like Spotted Warband / Group with the location, or Call Target, ie "blah blah is at 30%" or "kill blah blah, they're a healer!"

Hell, if I had those 2 things I could paste as buttons into war band lead helper, I'd be set, all I'd need is the icons above the head....

I really need to figure out how to make addons beyond reverse engineering basic parts so I don't have to keep bugging you guys.....
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Omegus

Post#5 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:53 pm

All of those errors look like the calls to functions in the MapMonsterAPI API table are failing, and "MapMonster" is listed as a required dependancy of WARCommander.

Do you have the MapMonster addon installed as well? https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/mapmonster/

WARCommander also has an optional dependancy of https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/minimapmonster/ as well.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#6 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:38 am

Omegus wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 1:53 pm All of those errors look like the calls to functions in the MapMonsterAPI API table are failing, and "MapMonster" is listed as a required dependancy of WARCommander.

Do you have the MapMonster addon installed as well? https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/mapmonster/

WARCommander also has an optional dependancy of https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/minimapmonster/ as well.
Yep, have em both. Still spits that back.
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Omegus

Post#7 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:54 am

A (quick) search of these forums seems to suggest that WarCommander doesn't work anymore. Considering it hard-coded zones and the list of zones has expanded, I can see that causing issues at least.

Have you tried using wbLeadHelper instead? That seems to be the modern version.

https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/wbleadhelper/
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#8 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:54 am

Omegus wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:54 am A (quick) search of these forums seems to suggest that WarCommander doesn't work anymore. Considering it hard-coded zones and the list of zones has expanded, I can see that causing issues at least.

Have you tried using wbLeadHelper instead? That seems to be the modern version.

https://tools.idrinth.de/addons/wbleadhelper/
Hm. Saw someone using it the other day which is why I went to look for it and install......
yeah as I said above i have WLH, I'm just looking for the couple commands that War Commander has to integrate it into my WLH...
GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:59 am I'd love an Add-on like WarCommander, the warband leader helper is great, I modified it to suit my specific needs, but I don't know how to add the specific features WarCommander has like Spotted Warband / Group with the location, or Call Target, ie "blah blah is at 30%" or "kill blah blah, they're a healer!"

Hell, if I had those 2 things I could paste as buttons into war band lead helper, I'd be set, all I'd need is the icons above the head....

I really need to figure out how to make addons beyond reverse engineering basic parts so I don't have to keep bugging you guys.....
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

Ads