Re: Data Mining the Killboard Scenarios | Jan 2023

Post#61 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:05 am

damn I liked RoR before killboard

can once account plz be excluded ? would be nice
Ravezaar Slayer rr86
Ravezz Ironbreker rr82
Goingsolo Shadow Warrior rr81
Zutha Runepriest rr83
Raave Magus rr84 (finally gave in to Tzeentch whispers)
https://imgur.com/a/mlxv1nJ

Ads
Ashoris

Post#62 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:15 am

FFNation wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:38 am New destro player here that is getting pretty tired of being farmed in SC's. And it's not just me, join a scenario and take a look at the chat. Everyone is salty AF from getting rolled on. Blaming everyone else in the chat while we all get spawn camped. It's not worth playing when it's 20 kills one side and 2 kills the other. Now we have these #'s to gain even more insight. 90% win rates? Seems balanced.

A quick and easy solution to reduce premade order from farming destro pugs is to simply disable parties for SC's. Seems like this was attempted with discordant or w/e that que is, but it's obviously not enough.

Make SC's solo que only.
Make ranked parties only. You can incentive ranked play by introducing special rewards like new gear or limited cosmetics.

There might be some class balance issues that also need to be addressed IDK. That could be looked into as well.

I might have limited experience with the game, but the glaring problem is premades vs pugs. How tf do you expect pugs to stand a chance vs a premade? It's silly.

If it doesn't change you know it's because people who make the rules are the ones having fun farming new players.
first of all i suggest you xrealm for a week or two and play SC on order side ... you will realize ... it feels the same :)
the difference is less the side you play but as other mentioned the "solo" part and also the knowledge of the game ...

I can only recommend to play a healer or tank in the beginning and start remembering the good dps Players ( few deaths, good contributed to kill dmg, decent Deathblows are way more important than overall dmg numbers). Support them and stick with them !

from there you can decide if you want to stay solo and hope for luck or just give them a tell and ask if they would group up with you because queuein with a Healer/tank together cant be worse than solo :) !
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

JohnnyWayne

Post#63 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:25 am

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:55 am

Yep, we genOrder's held the domination today/tonight all night - war bands make a difference and regardless of the % on it shows, Order, on average, has 3 war bands roaming at any given time vs Destro's ONE. And Order is flat out dominating. It's 12:49am NA PST, so generally where we start seeing the EU players come on.....and Order is rolling Destro across the map at their will.
Take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?t=50087&start=10

Last nights active guilds: https://i.ibb.co/FX1yZSM/k.png

GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:55 am
The Data Mining doesn't lie.....numbers are unbiased and don't carry favour with anyone.

Wrong, it is the task of anyone working with data to break down the data to its core, to remove bias before evaluating. Data quality is always terrible and you have to preprocess beforehand. Bias in our case is, premades farming pugs. People x-realm to evade certain groups is also a factor.
Ashoris wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:28 am the problem is the 90% winrate is less affected by class but more by other factors .... This game has as nearly all mmo's in the past a huge gap in the playerbase about teamwork and understanding of the game mechanics ...

heck the difference is soo high that you can win 90% of your normal SC's an evening with decent Players. I can just imagine how easy it would be with 6 regular ranked Players .....
This one gets it.

Another factor about the classes that are leading is, that order basically only has two truly viable dps classes. The ones you see here.

GrishnakBlagtoof

Post#64 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:54 am

JohnnyWayne wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:25 am
GrishnakBlagtoof wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:55 am Take a look at this thread: viewtopic.php?t=50087&start=10

Last nights active guilds: https://i.ibb.co/FX1yZSM/k.png

And? In that very thread that image was discussed by others. I see no justification for dismissing the statistics proven here. So, if you want to continue that discussion, I redirect you back for the replies.
And this stated this way is hardly productive and, unfortunately, ends my discussion with you. If you can't show decent baseline respect to people, especially those you may disagree with, then there's no discussion to be had. Don't condescend to me.

Grish
WAAAGH!!!
Grishnak Blagtoof
<The Blagtoof WarTribe>
Est. 1996

JohnnyWayne

Post#65 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 1:10 pm

I've said all the things I've said in that post in this thread before. There are just a lot of blockheads that either can't read but write or don't want to understand what is being presented to them and instead choose to keep bitching on no basis. Pick your poison, there is nothing to discuss, as I am presenting facts. Also I am done repeating myself.

zenoowity

Post#66 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:18 pm

New'ish player perspective ... I que solo, on low tier SCs on Order side. I created 3 chars WH,RP,BW. I have a record of around 15/85 win/lose rate out of 100 games. No matter what i do i seem to get premade parties against me all the time. Most of the 85 loses are 100 to zero loses, complete reks with us stuck on respawn :) It takes hours of constant loses to get a lvlup xD

taktaal

Post#67 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:20 am

The solution has always been the same: Join or form a premade.

And the reply from people affected by scenarioloseitis has also always been the same: But I don't wanna.

They will continue solo-queuing, they will continue being farmed, and the world turns.

Skullgrin

Post#68 » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:55 pm

Odd, all this discussion of the validity of the statistics, yet no mention of how they are skewed by the surrender mechanic. As far as I know the number of scenarios that are aborted via surrender aren't tracked, therefore nothing can truly be made of the statistics without some way to take that aspect into account...
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Ads