Recent Topics

Ads

[SHAMAN] Fresh 40 How to Gear

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
bittrio

[SHAMAN] Fresh 40 How to Gear

Post#1 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:17 am

Alright my Shaman is CR39 RR42 about to reach CR40. :mrgreen:

What gear should I get when I ping 40?

I want to have both a DPS and Healer set. I have Officer Ward unlocked.

Dominator for DPS?
Conquer for Heals?

Does Mercenary fit in anywhere?
What about Beast lord?
Genesis crests gear/jewelry any good?

I bought a couple purple jewelry off AH, lvl 37. Not sure how good that compares.

Finally I'll need a Staff.

An I missing anything? Everything mentioned above is what I've gathered, info wise from reading these forums and playing the game. I think I have a decent idea, but some of the posts here are from 2019 so I want to make sure I spend my war crests with updated gear/info.

All help and opinions appreciated 👍
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: [SHAMAN] Fresh 40 How to Gear

Post#2 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:34 am

Get red-eye set for healing, it has good bonus and you save crests on conq/Dom set.
Vanquisher is pretty decent with 5 pieces, keep red-eye for remaining slots and get missing wards via PvE, e.g. sentinel and blood Lord set.
Then replace the red-eye pieces with sov set for 5 vanq with 3 sov. Then work towards 7 sov. Fortress staff will replace your rr45 one but this should be low priority.
Dying is no option.

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:15 am

bittrio wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:17 am Alright my Shaman is CR39 RR42 about to reach CR40. :mrgreen:

What gear should I get when I ping 40?

I want to have both a DPS and Healer set. I have Officer Ward unlocked.

Dominator for DPS?
Conquer for Heals?

Does Mercenary fit in anywhere?
What about Beast lord?
Genesis crests gear/jewelry any good?

I bought a couple purple jewelry off AH, lvl 37. Not sure how good that compares.

Finally I'll need a Staff.

An I missing anything? Everything mentioned above is what I've gathered, info wise from reading these forums and playing the game. I think I have a decent idea, but some of the posts here are from 2019 so I want to make sure I spend my war crests with updated gear/info.

All help and opinions appreciated 👍
Beastlord is Great Healgear for fresh and sometimes even for rr80. So is Vale-Walker and you need only beastlord to use Vale-Walker. Get Pilfer or 10% Chance on being hit to reduce cast times by 05s for 10 seconds Staff. Beastlord cloak+jewel+pocket and Vale-walker jewelry+belt to get 500 Armour and rest Vanquisher when you have rr. But Full Vale-walker with 3 beastlord is probably best when you cant use Vanquisher.

For DPS Same Staff procs with different stats. Dont use Crests for gear much! Because When you have Red-Eye fullset, you can then wear Sentinel full set and then you can get Bloodlord gear which is great for dps AND unlocks invader Ward for you. So you can spend 0 Crests for gear and go Straight to Warlord/Sovereign on your way to rr 80=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

DirkDaring

Post#4 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:41 pm

Yup Beastlord is an okk set easy to get, and is more of a hybrid set, as the 4th bonus is willpower, but all the pieces have both willpower, and intel on them, instead of just willpower, you can wear the cloak, spend a couple of the beastlord tokens now to buy the pocket item, wear the ring, and 1 piece to get the 4 piece bonus , and still have 5 slots to wear a 5 piece set, or mix 3/2 for bonuses.

Id pick up beastlord, once you acquire a piece , the quest giver gives you another quest to kill players for a token, in the past you needed all 5 tokens to get the pocket item, now yu can buy it for just 2 beastlord tokens to finish the set, much faster,

After beastlord, id get redeye, then sent, the ring is nice and now they lowered the infulence to acquire, used to take 13 clears , now you can get it in 6 lol, After Sent do Bastion Stairs, for the DPS, staff, and gear as well,

Bloodlord not that hard now, I think I read somewhere that they dumbed down all the dungeons from what they were since a lot had trouble doing them, but not sure we cleared it the 2nd day it was released here, and haven't done it in 4 years since.

Can also do Chapter 22, for the Onslaught set, as another ok pve set to pick up.

Good luck, and Grats on 40 !

NSKaneda

Post#5 » Mon Jan 09, 2023 3:08 pm

Roaming shaman of Mork
Spoiler:
-
-

Start with dodge&disrupt in T1 and slot willpower/tough talis in decimator gear, ch3 tali slot inf belt and lair helm (inf, lair or sc staff), tough jewels.

T2: full keeper set (alternatively obliterator + inf reward gear)

Lvl 27+: full devastator, 650-700ish willpower, 300ish toughness, dodge&disrupt, futile strikes x2

T3: annihilator, T3 highpass inf belt, gutslime staff (or orvr inf reward staff), willpower + tough talis, d&disrupt, heal crit, futile strikes, initiative

T4:
- entry level - either full HV set or full conqueror set, full genesis jewel set, Gutslime staff -> rr45 staff / subjugator, heal crit, d&disrupt, futile strikes, initiative (optimal setup: full armour set, genesis jewel set, max heal crit, max disrupt, 2-3x futile strikes, rr61 anathema staff, 800 willpower, 300ish tough)

- mid T4 - full invader, sent ring, rr61 anathema staff, genesis jewel set, 2-3x willpower talis, rest toughness, heal crit, dodge&disrupt, futile strikes, initiative - this is where biggest heal crits are

- end game T4 - full heal sov, rr61 anathema staff, genesis jewel set, sent ring, 2-3x willpower talis, rest toughness, max heal crit, max dodge and disrupt, max futile strikes - this is where gobbo tanks thrive

-
-

Stats (with pots etc): 800-850 willpower, 40-45% heal crit, max d&disrupt (aim for 50.0+ disrupt), 300+ toughness (before tough buff).

-

swap runaway tactic for autodetaunt in scenarios
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

bittrio

Post#6 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:38 pm

Thanks for the replies!

So far I cleared GB to get Redeye set.

Cleared BB/BE and have 5 set of Sent, but still running these 2 dungeons to get the influence for the waaaghbeads jewelry.

Ran BS for the 1st time last night and got 1 Bloodlord gloves. I'll keep grinding here until I get full set. The influence bar isn't showing up for me here, is there influence rewards for BS, maybe a quest I have to accept? I turned down all the quests for BS that only provide XP.

Once I unlock all the bloodlord gear from BS. Is that it for PVE? Then I focus strictly on RvR and SC's? Looks like I only have 1 ward to unlock in my tome of knowledge.

I haven't gotten beastlord yet, seems to be the hardest to find a party for. Should I even try for that anymore?

I appreciate the help.
78 Shaman
45 Chosen
40 Squig Herder
40 Bright Wizard

Digital dollars are free to create.

DirkDaring

Post#7 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 9:42 pm

bittrio wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:38 pm Thanks for the replies!

So far I cleared GB to get Redeye set.

Cleared BB/BE and have 5 set of Sent, but still running these 2 dungeons to get the influence for the waaaghbeads jewelry.

Ran BS for the 1st time last night and got 1 Bloodlord gloves. I'll keep grinding here until I get full set. The influence bar isn't showing up for me here, is there influence rewards for BS, maybe a quest I have to accept? I turned down all the quests for BS that only provide XP.

Once I unlock all the bloodlord gear from BS. Is that it for PVE? Then I focus strictly on RvR and SC's? Looks like I only have 1 ward to unlock in my tome of knowledge.

I haven't gotten beastlord yet, seems to be the hardest to find a party for. Should I even try for that anymore?

I appreciate the help.
If the Bastion Stairs influence isn't showing up in Tome, you can zone into BS , and check with the influence reward guy inside at zone in where the quest givers are , there should be 3 rewards based on influence, just like for BB/BE