Ads

Gap Closer Balance

Let's talk about... everything else
tomato

Re: Gap Closer Balance

Post#71 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:36 pm

Secrets wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:39 pm
lumpi33 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:49 pm
Secrets wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:51 pm Keep pull how it is, for both Mara and WL (as WL gets 65 ft pounch, Mara gets longer, more consistent pulls in turn for not having Pounce)
So you are playing destro now ;)

Mara gets longer, more consistent pulls in turn for not having Pounce? How about elves getting gits run away then and WL the armor pierce ignore and self hot of mara brutality and of course the mara aoe knock down and free 50% armor pierce tactic for most of their attacks and dual wield for more procs. How about that?

Seriously now, what are you smoking? That mara pull as it is right now is super broken and completely unfair for the receiving side.

There was a time where the WL pull had no range at all. It was the same unfair stuff.
There was never a time when WL pull had unlimited range. Well, at least not since 2017 on emu when I started playing my WL here. If there was, it was a bug. A lot of the behaviors players became accustomed to since RoR were bugs in the server code, and not intended.

As for the actual balance issues-

WL already has one of the biggest bits of burst with their 10s cooldown abilities, and consistent AOE with their AOE spec being their best ST spec. Mara has basically nothing.

Mara has no solo ability outside of being a nuisance, their AOE knockdown is a free immunity outside of specific 24 man situations, the 50% armor pen tactic is negated by the fact that WL has virtually 100% armor pen from whirling axe / slashing blade alone (which also consistently removes taunts), and Mara's pull is their only useful ability left beyond their passive debuffs, which I guess BG gets anyways?

I'd argue that even Chosens can do more damage and utility - in both solo and in a party - due to their armor class (plate), their ability to deal consistent spiritual damage, and the obvious buffs they bring.

WL's only gripe should be that Mara gets consistent uptime on their crit damage tactic and is not dependent on the pet for uptime on their crit damage tactic.

But Mara also does not get Coordinated Strike, Pack Assault, Whirling Axe (their version honestly sucks ass). The ability to stay alive on your own does not make a class 'good'.

Most of these concerns are moot, anyways - as balance will likely wildly change in the abilities update when most abilities get reverted to 1.4.8 balancing.

"You must be playing Destro!"

...I don't even have a Mara. If I didn't have advance knowledge that the ability changes would drastically change everything (and I'd actually have time to play the game), I'd play WE. You'd be stupid to play a Mara unless you enjoy pulling someone from 200 ft. That's their only purpose at this point; to pull someone to their death while better classes (like Witch Elf, or Choppa) actually secure the kill. And that weird stutter step against Order WBs that never works thing that involves knocking people down on engage that gives them free immunities that destro does. Like, wait till order is at 20-50% due to an AOE push, then hit the ability, people.
That's some good stuff you're smoking.

Always worrying having close to staff people being this clueless.

Ads
Darkdargor

Post#72 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:05 pm

I can’t believe what I’m reading. :)))

Where is the “every class is different” tadadada?

Based on the affirmation that poor maras underperform…

Let’s compare AM with Shammies. Why Ams don’t have speed proc, autodetaunt and toughness pumping?!?!

So, AMs need all the above. ALL. Plus perma immunity to Mara pulls… better, let the Mara pull, but when they pull a high elf, the victim will explode on impact doing 10999 unmitigated damage to every enemy player on a 349 feet area.
Last edited by Darkdargor on Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#73 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:30 pm

tomato wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:36 pm That's some good stuff you're smoking.

Since you're 'in the loop', how would you fix Marauder, then?

If you think it's anywhere close to acceptable, you're a bloody idiot. I've provided my reasoning, and you have not.

I always worry about people playing the game that have double-digit IQs (like you) without backing their own viewpoint up (in case you're wondering, you also forgot to use your brain here, too - glad to point that out for you,imbecile).

How about - instead of insulting me for providing my viewpoint... you provide a valid solution or counter-retort on why I am wrong instead of baselessly dismissing my logic by saying "I'm SO worried that these people are close to the staff"... cmon. No one thinks you have a better idea because your idea is non-existent.

Use that brain you think you have to actually prove me wrong. Otherwise, I'll always be close to the staff, and you won't ever be, because you're incapable of critical thinking.

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#74 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:42 pm

Darkdargor wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:05 pm Let’s compare AM with Shammies. Why Ams don’t have speed proc, autodetaunt and toughness pumping?!?!
Brainlets think that Shamans are better because their individual mobility and ability to survive infuriates solo players who can't chew through them like every other class they encounter. AMs get the same hate on Destro as Shamans do on Order - they're basically a miniature Magus class against most Order solo players.

A majority of posters here base their 'balance feedback' off of solo play and 1 on 1 situations they felt they lost SO badly in, that they feel the need to rush to the forums and complain. The true feedback comes from passionate players in Discord - be it the Ranked folks, the WB players, or the small scale (ie; 3-6) ORvR/SC players. It's so common to the point that I've had to mentally ignore 99% of feedback from these forums while I was a developer as it's all drivel (like tomato's post above - useless commentary that isn't helpful)

tomato

Post#75 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:39 pm

Secrets wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:30 pm

If you think it's anywhere close to acceptable, you're a bloody idiot. I've provided my reasoning, and you have not.

I always worry about people playing the game that have double-digit IQs (like you) without backing their own viewpoint up (in case you're wondering, you also forgot to use your brain here, too - glad to point that out for you,imbecile).

How about - instead of insulting me for providing my viewpoint... you provide a valid solution or counter-retort on why I am wrong instead of baselessly dismissing my logic by saying "I'm SO worried that these people are close to the staff"... cmon. No one thinks you have a better idea because your idea is non-existent.

Use that brain you think you have to actually prove me wrong. Otherwise, I'll always be close to the staff, and you won't ever be, because you're incapable of critical thinking.
I played marauder in 6vs6 against the best groups of the server and won, I played it in city warbands against some of the strongest wbs and won. I'm pretty sure you did neither at any point. Not on marauder and not on your lion either.
This lack of actual high level play experience compared with strong balancing beliefs is widely spread in the forum and may result in shitty balancing decisions.

In 6vs6 marauder provides good burst, sustain dmg and debuffs allowing for great hardswaps on unguarded targets, while also being able to become very tanky with monstro making it almost unkillable if not bursted. Probably the most well rounded dps that can be paired with almost anything and do well.

In wb vs wb play marauder can either go st and do very well, or go monstro aoe with good damage and great survivability directly countering slayer blobs.

Piercing bite and feeding on fear are two of the strongest tactics ingame.

I can't tell you about marauder performance when in a rvr blob zerging solos, nor when soloing as a parry specced deftard. (Although I'm pretty sure monstro mrd grinds down most other dps/tanks without healing).

But for the actually important and demanding parts of the game, mrd is fine as it is. ;)

MedV

Post#76 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:46 pm

tomato wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:39 pm
Secrets wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:30 pm

I played marauder in 6vs6 against the best groups of the server and won, I played it in city warbands against some of the strongest wbs and won. I'm pretty sure you did neither at any point. Not on marauder and not on your lion either.
This lack of actual high level play experience compared with strong balancing beliefs is widely spread in the forum and may result in shitty balancing decisions.

In 6vs6 marauder provides good burst, sustain dmg and debuffs allowing for great hardswaps on unguarded targets, while also being able to become very tanky with monstro making it almost unkillable if not bursted. Probably the most well rounded dps that can be paired with almost anything and do well.

In wb vs wb play marauder can either go st and do very well, or go monstro aoe with good damage and great survivability directly countering slayer blobs.

Piercing bite and feeding on fear are two of the strongest tactics ingame.

I can't tell you about marauder performance when in a rvr blob zerging solos, nor when soloing as a parry specced deftard. (Although I'm pretty sure monstro mrd grinds down most other dps/tanks without healing).

But for the actually important and demanding parts of the game, mrd is fine as it is. ;)
What’s your Maras Name ?
The King.

tomato

Post#77 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:30 pm

Neurontin

MedV

Post#78 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:35 pm

tomato wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:30 pmNeurontin
Sorry No Idea :/
The King.

Ads
tomato

Post#79 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:41 pm

Ye haven't farmed pugs on it in quite a while. :)

lumpi33

Post#80 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:49 am

tomato wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:30 pmNeurontin
I know him. He is a really good Mara.