Recent Topics

Ads

Gap Closer Balance

Let's talk about... everything else
Ruin

Gap Closer Balance

Post#1 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:52 am

Hello,

I have a question/proposal regarding balancing of the reposition abilities.

With the reduction to “Puncing” abilities reduction from 65ft to 40ft on: Pounce, Wings of Haven and Squig Leap, should there also be a similar reduction in effective range to “Pull” abilities of WL, Engi, Mara, Choppa And Magus?

What do you think?

Ads
Rowanmantle

Re: Gap Closer Balance

Post#2 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:55 am

Mara pulls needs a big nerf! Currently its bugged to hell and there is no second range check so it can pull from further away and if you have bad latency some pulls can look like half way across the map.
Rowanmantle /WP
Rowansrage /SL
Rowanbrowan /KOTBS
Rowanthrowan /BW
Matronmother /Dok
Handyrowan /Mara

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:00 am

I would rather have Magus/Engi Old pull back before nerfs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5Zw4FUPacc
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Tyrodan

Post#4 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:03 am

Rowanmantle wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:55 am [...] if you have bad latency some pulls can look like half way across the map.
The half-way-across-the-map effect comes from maras running in the opposite direction than the target, because of the missing 2nd range check. If you have a buggy skill might as well abuse the **** out of it, eh?

Ruin

Post#5 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:19 am

My goal was to equalize the range at which you can reposition self or others.
And regarding Mara pull, shouldn’t that skill have LoS requirement for the cast time duration?
So turning around should automatically cancel cast?
And another thing I heard is that when you interrupt this ability with taunt or other interrupt it doesn’t have CD? Can any1 confirm this?

Sinisterror

Post#6 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:30 am

Ruin wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:19 am My goal was to equalize the range at which you can reposition self or others.
And regarding Mara pull, shouldn’t that skill have LoS requirement for the cast time duration?
So turning around should automatically cancel cast?
And another thing I heard is that when you interrupt this ability with taunt or other interrupt it doesn’t have CD? Can any1 confirm this?
Marauder pull needs second range check and you can strafe run other direction and still have los. But ofc it doesnt trigger cooldown if its interrupted just like any other skill with cast time(except channels) because cooldown begins after cast time is over not when you start casting.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Snowhawk

Post#7 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:46 pm

Alternate: Make Mara Pull instant :)

Barracuuda

Post#8 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:09 pm

Snowhawk wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:46 pm Alternate: Make Mara Pull instant :)
hello everyones!
Ahaha,what kind of privilege is this for instant pull for Mara?(can then give WLion regen 200+ hp/per second from any hit, in the stense?)
That's enough, each class has its own characteristics.
Maybe just put everything back in its place, and return this ability to the properties of standard ability, as it was before, the most important problem is that pull mara is UNDEFENDable. (why is it suddenly, in fact, the control"" has become UNDEFENDable? considering that there is no anti-control in the game. strange. you can keep silent that the pool pulls walls through the ground, etc.)
Return the usual properties of this ability (so that it can either be parried or disrupted and that's it).
Barracuuda-DoK60+/Barracu-SH60+/Ru

Ads
Yshra

Post#9 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:59 pm

What?? Mara pull can be parried. It's not undefendable. Unless it's a new bug.

Before considering gap closer balance with these cc, they must be fixed to see a proper functionnality.
Currently, it's way too bugged.
No 2nd check on mara pull = pull for way more than 65 feet, no cd when missed, a lot of time where I see Mara chain pull me 3 or 4 times, well until they succeed...
AND they can do this through walls.

These fixes should be a priority, it's been months these skills are totaly bugged.
(a little reminder that WL Pet cant even pull through open door in fort like before, in terms of balance, well...)

dtjror

Post#10 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:59 pm

Ruin wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:52 am Hello,

I have a question/proposal regarding balancing of the reposition abilities.

With the reduction to “Puncing” abilities reduction from 65ft to 40ft on: Pounce, Wings of Haven and Squig Leap, should there also be a similar reduction in effective range to “Pull” abilities of WL, Engi, Mara, Choppa And Magus?

What do you think?
Simple answer - Yes, both pulls and jumps should be 40 feet. There's no reason you should be able to jump/pull 2/3 the distance of most ranged damage abilities (100 ft).

Further answer - Even with range change, they still would need to fix the completely broken pulls. WL pull is basically useless. Mara pull on the other hand is bugged to the point of being an outright exploit. And yet these things go on for months...