Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
ReturnOfReckoning
Staff

Patch Notes 11/01/2023

Post#1 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:31 pm

Highlights
Weekend Warfront: Days of Doom

The ancient site known as Doomfist Crater is one steeped in myth and lore. Now Order and Destruction forces converge upon the broken landscape, determined to deny their enemies access to whatever treasures may lay buried beneath the surface.

This weekend Days of Doom will be the weekend warfront from 12:00 on Friday to 12:00 on Monday Altdorf time. You get +50% XP and Renown in the Doomfist Crater scenario, and extra rewards from completing the event tasks.

Completing all tasks gives the title: The Doomed

Realm versus Realm
Fortress and City Bag updates

- All Fortress reward bags now include Genesis Crests as an option

- All City Siege reward bags now also include Genesis Crests as an option

Warband Assistants

Though originally announced last year, the Warband Assistant functionality was very buggy and often wouldn't activate at all.

With this patch, new fixes have gone live that allow Warband Leaders to properly set Warband Assistants going forward. Warband Assistants can:

- Move players and manage parties

- Invite players to Warband

- Remove players from Warband (but not the Warband lead)

For leaders of all Warbands, and especially PUG and open groups, we hope this functionality will be useful as you can assign others to help you manage groups, handle invites, and more while the leader makes calls for movements, attacks, and other strategies.

Content
Returning Player Ward Fragment Improvement

Since the new Ward and currency system was introduced, general reception has been very positive to the freedom granted to players in choosing how they wish to acquire wards and gear up.

However, one area that remained challenging for many players was the lack of ward fragments granted for wearing partial sets. Players who returned to the game wearing 4/5 pieces of a set would get no credit for that ward, and in some cases would have to purchase every single set from the bottom back up in order to finally purchase the one item they were missing.

Today, we've added a new check into the system that will automatically grant backwards-compatible ward fragments for returning characters who log in wearing partial sets. As an example, if a character has not logged in since before the Currency change, and logs in wearing Conqueror Shoulders, Helmet, and Gloves, but never unlocked the Chest, they will automatically unlock all previous ward fragments for Shoulders, Helmet, and Gloves from Conqueror down.

This means that returning players will only need to purchase the specific pieces they may be missing, and not the entire set. This now applies to:

- All RvR/PvP Ward Sets (up to Invader)
- All PvE Ward Sets (up to Bloodlord)

While this change won't affect new players or characters who actively play each day, we hope it will have a positive impact for those returning to the game after a long absence.

World Building

As part of a continued effort to expand and bring more life to the world, various NPCs are getting new idle dialogue added. These are small additions, but for those who care, will give some more personality to the characters you encounter in the world. New dialogue has been added for:

- Level 16 Mount Vendors in I.C./Altdorf (Stablemaster Hans and Roeland Beastbreaker)

- Level 38 Mount Vendors in I.C./Altdorf (Dismounted Knight and Gesture Stalker)

- Specialty Mount Wrangers in I.C./Altdorf (Earnest Duncan and Bloody Sun Git Handla)

- Beastlord Quest Givers in I.C./Altdorf (Ellyrion Herdmaster and Druchii Beastmaster)

PvE: Tier 1 Influence Re-work

- Basic Rewards (Potions) for High Elf, Dark Elf, Dwarf and Greenskin Chapters 1-4 have been updated to the new improved versions

Bug Fixes

- All Chapter 4 Public Quests (for both Order and Destruction) now offer War Tokens from their reward bags.
[20646] - Order's duplicate Warlord Vendor has been sent back to the right spot.

- Should have further fixed an issue some players were having them causing them to go back to the character selection screen or crash on logging in.

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: Patch Notes 11/01/2023

Post#2 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:24 pm

First!

Razielhell
Former Staff

Post#3 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:09 pm

Second! Nice to see these new and unique changes and implementations.
Check Wiki for all available Public Quests!

lOPEZ

Post#4 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:10 pm

- Should have further fixed an issue some players were having them causing them to go back to the character selection screen or crash on logging in.

I have this same problem. I still can't play but I'm sure you will fix it soon. Thanks for all your work.

Wiede

Post#5 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:47 pm

Thnx for all your hard work!

Currently stuck in login but pretty sure you'll fix it soon :D

Lilim
Community Management

Post#6 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:58 pm

Wiede wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:47 pm Thnx for all your hard work!

Currently stuck in login but pretty sure you'll fix it soon :D

Hey,

Max already found the issue. Should work after the next server restart.

FFNation

Post#7 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 7:54 pm

I can't log in either. WIll wait for the reboot.

BluIzLucky

Post#8 » Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:05 pm

Thanks, very good changes overall, with Autoband and WA pug-herding has never been easier :)

Starter/mail quest suggestion:
Either as part of the quest chain for lvl 16 mount after getting mount or it's own quest at lvl 15-16, send players to sewers/sacellum quest giver.

Forum change question:
What's going on with only being able to edit your own posts if they are the last on the topic, it makes updating OP guides, events and errors impractical, is it here to stay (or a bug)?
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Ads
Morradin

Post#9 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:39 am

Good patch. Thank you for keeping this going.

Ruin

Post#10 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:27 am

Hello, I belived that the number of Genesis Crests is bound not to the Type/Colour of the bag, but rather to the number of Crests inside. So regular RvR bags have in White bag 8 crest and 1 Genesi and Gold Bag have 40 crest and 5 Genesis Shards. But in Fort Bags when i recive a purple bag i have 48 crest but only 4 Genesis. So in terms of Genesi crest the amount gained threw better "quality" bags, ex.: Fort or City the ammout of genesis will not change?