Recent Topics

Ads

Quick fan-base poll 2023

Let's talk about... everything else
Ashoris

Re: Quick fan-base poll 2023

Post#51 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:34 pm

Ninjagon wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:51 pm Hi. No matter if you are veteran or newbie, destruction, order or both, you play this avesome game.

A: Higher damage? <> B: Better defence and heals?
Players want better protection and longer fights (7/16)
This says sooo much about the overall state of this poll ....
Warhammer Return of Reckoning
Verey / Ashoris / Devoras

WaR -dead-
Erengrad - Order - Frostbringer - Devoras

Ads
Amdus

Post#52 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:17 pm

Ashoris wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:34 pm
Ninjagon wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:51 pm Hi. No matter if you are veteran or newbie, destruction, order or both, you play this avesome game.

A: Higher damage? <> B: Better defence and heals?
Players want better protection and longer fights (7/16)
This says sooo much about the overall state of this poll ....
I know, the collective delusion is hard to believe at this point, but is real. Just take it as another pathological whine thread without any substance, many such cases as of late.

Ninjagon

Post#53 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:57 pm

Amdus wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:17 pm I know, the collective delusion is hard to believe at this point, but is real. Just take it as another pathological whine thread without any substance, many such cases as of late.
Troll ...
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Ashoris

Post#54 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:03 am

Ninjagon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:57 pm
Amdus wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:17 pm I know, the collective delusion is hard to believe at this point, but is real. Just take it as another pathological whine thread without any substance, many such cases as of late.
Troll ...
He is not a Troll but probably really frustrated about the state of the community.
Seriously how can it be that soo many People in this community think there is not enough defense/heal in this game ... without questioning (and improving) themselves ?

If you play a dps you know that not even 50% of the time you hit someone you get detaunted .. If you see good groups fight each other you know how hard it is to just kill 1 Player.

Asking for more heal/deff just shows that these people dont understand what is possible right now .. and instead of learning (oh look ranked matches need minutes to create just 1 Kill) and questioning themselves how they can improve they are entitled to their opinion and think the game lacks defense ! So it is pretty much whining without substance :( (because the substance shows the exact opposite)

WaR -dead-

Ninjagon

Post#55 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:29 pm

Ashoris wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:03 am He is not a Troll but probably really frustrated about the state of the community.
Seriously how can it be that soo many People in this community think there is not enough defense/heal in this game ... without questioning (and improving) themselves ?

If you play a dps you know that not even 50% of the time you hit someone you get detaunted .. If you see good groups fight each other you know how hard it is to just kill 1 Player.

Asking for more heal/deff just shows that these people dont understand what is possible right now .. and instead of learning (oh look ranked matches need minutes to create just 1 Kill) and questioning themselves how they can improve they are entitled to their opinion and think the game lacks defense ! So it is pretty much whining without substance :( (because the substance shows the exact opposite)
Finally a serious post worthy of consideration. Thx for that, Ashoris.
Yes, in small scale, like 6 vs 6, the more the experienced teams are, it is much harder to kill someonne. 24 vs 24 is different story, though.
Balancing damage vs defence & heals - that's a tremendous hard job, which I do not wanna deal with.

But about crowd control mechanics, I think that there should be a bit longer immunities or other ways to active break/dispel these.
Especially abilities like AOE knockdown I consider as very strong - maybe there should be a way to get out of it.

In the future, perhaps mythic weapons will come -> more DPS. (Wish I had more info about that :-) )
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

Duukar

Post#56 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:56 pm

Ashoris wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:03 am
Ninjagon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:57 pm
Troll ...
He is not a Troll but probably really frustrated about the state of the community.

Actually, what this showcases is just how imbalanced this game is at the top end. A coordinated, geared 6 man can absolutely insta gib a lower rank newer player, before the KD even wears off, even through guard. Good luck landing a detaunt. Especially since the nerf to WP and DoK detaunts. Now take this and expand it out. 24 man WB geared and coordinated can absolutely CHAINSAW through a lower level pug WB.

"OMG im so shocked people think this game needs more defense, they are so selfish and dumb" is really just you sitting on gear privilege and crapping on newer or more casual players for wanting to have even small chance to push a few buttons vs. top end geared coordinated competition.

I personally don't enjoy stomping newbs. I also don't enjoy getting stomped, although that is far far more rare these days due to stepping up my game.

It seriously wouldn't hurt to really buff the hell out of low end gear!! Would it?

Earthcake

Post#57 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:06 pm

Duukar wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:56 pm
Actually, what this showcases is just how imbalanced this game is at the top end. A coordinated, geared 6 man can absolutely insta gib a lower rank newer player, before the KD even wears off, even through guard. Good luck landing a detaunt. Especially since the nerf to WP and DoK detaunts. Now take this and expand it out. 24 man WB geared and coordinated can absolutely CHAINSAW through a lower level pug WB.

"OMG im so shocked people think this game needs more defense, they are so selfish and dumb" is really just you sitting on gear privilege and crapping on newer or more casual players for wanting to have even small chance to push a few buttons vs. top end geared coordinated competition.

I personally don't enjoy stomping newbs. I also don't enjoy getting stomped, although that is far far more rare these days due to stepping up my game.

It seriously wouldn't hurt to really buff the hell out of low end gear!! Would it?
Maybe the player getting KDed cannot do anything about that, but others could heal or protect him, disable attackers or whatever.

Defenses are already there, they are just not being used by "new" players.
Adding defenses wouldn t help at all, since they wouldn't use them either...

Duukar

Post#58 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:57 pm

Earthcake wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 4:06 pm
Duukar wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:56 pm

Maybe the player getting KDed cannot do anything about that, but others could heal or protect him, disable attackers or whatever.

Defenses are already there, they are just not being used by "new" players.
Adding defenses wouldn t help at all, since they wouldn't use them either...
I disagree. The GCD system limits what you can do in reaction and gear directly effects the strength of each GCD you get to use use. "New" players aren't fools as most coming here have a background in other MMOs they are simply limited by what they can achieve in the 2-5 seconds a kill can take.

You can approach topics like this with an open creative mind or you can apply conservative ideology and then deal with the results.

Ads
Ashoris

Post#59 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:58 pm

The GCD system limits that for everyone (offense too) thats not a valid argument.

The Equipment part is true but this is not what is discussed rn ... neither me nor Earth mentioned it .. we are aware of it

But you should keep in mind that pressing the right buttons at the right time, making the right choices in the right moment and coordinate with other Players is Key in nearly all Team based Computergames with PvP.

And giving people who do not press the correct buttons, do not making the right choices and do not coordinate with other Players more deff Buttons will not change anything .. but has a huge change in outcome to People who actually do the right thing.

WaR -dead-

Azhag

Post#60 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:56 am

Ashoris wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:34 pm This says sooo much about the overall state of this poll ....
It doesn't really say anything, because the sample size isn't big enough to sum it up. It is incorrect to generalize from just this poll and say that all players prefer something there.

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.