Recent Topics

Ads

IB not enough Grudges

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Battlefield

Re: IB not enough Grudges

Post#71 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:47 pm

Punishing Knock tactic before changes - Inspiring Attack will also Knock Down your target for 3 seconds. :)

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217044 ... 0:7:168:25

but BG didn't have a knockdown for a two-handed weapon before and you gave him an analogue...

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217015 ... aspx?id=21

Ads
sharpblader

Post#72 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:33 am

Farrul wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:46 am
Kenyo wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:56 pmThe IB already gets more Grudge's when using Oath Friend, then the BG does with Dark Protector. So it is only right for the BG to get hate for hitting something.
False, it doesn't. Oath friend ramps up faster but ends up giving less, the average should be about the same.

sharpblader wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:01 pmDon't bother. OP is a serial whiner. They just like to argue by cherry picking without any basis and rant about what the mirror classes can do and theirs can't.

Don't bother giving any advice either. OP is a super experienced player who cannot benefit from the suggestions of others.

Their posts just makes for good entertainment. For which I'm thankful.
I don't know about the OPs past but the concern he/she raises is valid in this thread and good arguments have been made by others , however i've seen you try to derail in the past resorting to immature insults.

If anything this post of yours is the very definition of a trolling attempt, you may find it entertaining, i find it embarrassing and whish Mods would take action against posts like these to improve the quality of the discussions, imho if you have nothing to contribute, then don't press the submit button.

Don't be so quick to judge.

Here's my attempt to help OP by writing a full guide on their earlier "concern": viewtopic.php?f=75&t=47430&start=150#p504773

Believe me, when I say "Don't bother". It's the best advice for anyone who would attempt to argue or help them.

Battlefield

Post#73 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:41 am

At 60rr after receiving Bloodlord set i started to play for 2h IB and without Rising Anger tactic 2h IB is almost junk, because abilities and Sweet Revenge crit tactic require Grudges to deal damage but Grudges are spent on absorb or knock back !

As i wrote, BG didn’t have a knock down for two-handed weapon before and you gave him an analogue like that of IB and now it's time to give to IB the passive ability to gain class mechanics points on hit, analogous to BG.

P.S

Sadly developers don't want to make balance changes to classes they don't play.

Fallenkezef

Post#74 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:29 am

Battlefield wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:41 am

Sadly developers don't want to make balance changes to classes they don't play.

That's a bit of a conspiracy theory
Alea iacta est

fatelvis

Post#75 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:56 am

What I experienced playing snb IB was that missing grudge is not the problem (in rvr and sc, pve boss it sometimes is) but buff management and buff efficiency is.
Like already mentioned the grudge based buffs last not long enough to have them up all the time while managing the other tank jobs like guard switching, challenge, punts, snares, etc.
So you are either missing an effect you are supposed to give as IB or don't have the time/focus to play the tank role efficiently.
Additionally most of the effects your buffs give are more than covered by auras or 1h buffs from other classes.
So I would really appreciate a balancing in duration and/or values for the buffing skills.

Helwer

Post#76 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:32 pm

If you really want that, you need to change some more details. Like the defensive tactics with +10% block and 95% damage while snb. Or the 85% dmg after block. You reference for BG who needs 100% hatred for 10%block, 10% parry and looses 2 tactic slots. My BG is fine as my IB is, leave it as it is now.

Battlefield

Post#77 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:43 pm

Helwer wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:32 pm If you really want that, you need to change some more details. Like the defensive tactics with +10% block and 95% damage while snb. Or the 85% dmg after block. You reference for BG who needs 100% hatred for 10%block, 10% parry and looses 2 tactic slots. My BG is fine as my IB is, leave it as it is now.
30% parry not 10% and both classes for snb spec loose 2 tactic slots, but Chosens and Witches easy can remove 25% parry buff from IB and he should spam it every 5 sec...

Battlefield

Post#78 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:54 pm

fatelvis wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:56 am What I experienced playing snb IB was that missing grudge is not the problem (in rvr and sc, pve boss it sometimes is) but buff management and buff efficiency is.
Like already mentioned the grudge based buffs last not long enough to have them up all the time while managing the other tank jobs like guard switching, challenge, punts, snares, etc.
So you are either missing an effect you are supposed to give as IB or don't have the time/focus to play the tank role efficiently.
Additionally most of the effects your buffs give are more than covered by auras or 1h buffs from other classes.
So I would really appreciate a balancing in duration and/or values for the buffing skills.
Chosens and Witches too pupular classes on the side of Destruction and increasing duration won't help it , they can remove all IB buffs every 5 seconds. 2 Witches are able to deprive all buffs of IB.

Ads
ibfury

Post#79 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:27 pm

Battlefield wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:47 pm Punishing Knock tactic before changes - Inspiring Attack will also Knock Down your target for 3 seconds. :)

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217044 ... 0:7:168:25

but BG didn't have a knockdown for a two-handed weapon before and you gave him an analogue...

https://web.archive.org/web/20081217015 ... aspx?id=21
For me, the worst change ever made in RoR, along with Smoke and almost eternal Invisibility.

Battlefield

Post#80 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:06 pm

it would be nice to remove the global cooldown from the Watch An'Learn ability, which has no damage, just a buff and at the moment of the battle sometimes there is no time to buff it and lose damage.

Also before i thought that IB has much more damage than Kotbs, but now i can say that there is not such a big difference, maybe because Kotbs has OYG aura and on my opinion 2h IB additionaly needs at least 25% armor penetration buff or tactic, for example instead of Rising Anger.
BG has Murderous Wrath ability that ignore 25% armor of the target.

I'm stopping playing for IB for now because I'm disappointed at the moment...
After 80rr+ of Magus,Chosen,Marauder,Kotbs, dps RP and Engineer i can say it's not worth wasting your nerves on IB.