Recent Topics

Ads

IB not enough Grudges

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
eerytraveler

Re: IB not enough Grudges

Post#61 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:00 pm

If you play anything but 1v1 you'll realize the buff/debuff duration is a way bigger problem for IB than grudges.

There's also no real good reason the kd/punt are not 100% mirrors between IB and BG.

Ads
Battlefield

Post#62 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:34 pm

Graffer wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 pm The only 3 situations IB have not enough grudges:
1. You do PVE boss without adds. In this case use DWARVEN RIPOSTE tactic.
2. You play PVP 1vs1 mode. Try avoid 1vs1, but find 2vs2 or more, other way try not die first 30-40s.
3. You do something wrong. I did not find any other situations with not enough grudges in any spec (2h or SnB). Uptime played IB around 130 days.

Contact me in discord (Graffer#0094), here in PM or in game mail (Graffer). Will analyze your build and abilities rotation to help more.
The main problem, why IB should be 3 tactic class, cause must to use Rising Anger tactic +5 Grudge on hit but BG has it passive and additionaly BG has Efficient Slaughter tactic (reduce hate cost), also Enraged Beating ability that gives more Hate ?
Meanwhile for IB absorb costs 30 grudge vs 10 hate, knockback 25 Grudge vs 30 action points for BG and thougness buff for IB costs Grudge too or In other words, IB needs to spend more mechanic class points. Besides, if no Grudges part of abilties not do a damage.

I do not know do you play for IB or not but I saw how you played for BG...

Amdus

Post#63 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:07 pm

Battlefield wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:34 pm
Graffer wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 pm The only 3 situations IB have not enough grudges:
2. You play PVP 1vs1 mode. Try avoid 1vs1, but find 2vs2 or more, other way try not die first 30-40s.
3. You do something wrong. I did not find any other situations with not enough grudges in any spec (2h or SnB). Uptime played IB around 130 days.

Contact me in discord (Graffer#0094), here in PM or in game mail (Graffer). Will analyze your build and abilities rotation to help more.
The main problem, why IB should be 3 tactic class, cause must to use Rising Anger tactic +5 Grudge on hit but BG has it passive and additionaly BG has Efficient Slaughter tactic (reduce hate cost), also Enraged Beating ability that gives more Hate ?
Meanwhile for IB absorb costs 30 grudge vs 10 hate, knockback 25 Grudge vs 30 action points for BG and thougness buff for IB costs Grudge too or In other words, IB needs to spend more mechanic class points. Besides, if no Grudges part of abilties not do a damage.

Do you ever get tired of whining? It was entertaining at first but it started to get annoying. We get it, someone killed your precious immortal dwarf in a 1vs1 and that's unnacceptable, well, move on. It has been 7 pages already.

Battlefield

Post#64 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:13 pm

eerytraveler wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:00 pm If you play anything but 1v1 you'll realize the buff/debuff duration is a way bigger problem for IB than grudges.

There's also no real good reason the kd/punt are not 100% mirrors between IB and BG.
Chosens and Witches sever blessing these buffs :D

Battlefield

Post#65 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:24 pm

Amdus wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:07 pm

Do you ever get tired of whining? It was entertaining at first but it started to get annoying. We get it, someone killed your precious immortal dwarf in a 1vs1 and that's unnacceptable, well, move on. It has been 7 pages already.
I have almost all classes, I haven't played for almost a year and just decided to play for ib.
If you're tired then don't read this and relax, what's the problem ?

Graffer

Post#66 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:46 pm

I do not know do you play for IB or not but I saw how you played for BG...
LOL =) i have no destro characters. IB is my main char.
So as IB i wana see more grudge cost on abilities, cause the only 1 usefull tactic on IB - is Told Ya So!!

Battlefield

Post#67 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:32 pm

Told Ya So is more pve tactic but RoR is pvp game and if you want to see more grudge cost on abilities, it means you do not understand the problem of IB.

Farrul

Post#68 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:25 am

eerytraveler wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:00 pm If you play anything but 1v1 you'll realize the buff/debuff duration is a way bigger problem for IB than grudges.

Made worse by GCD nerf and prior to that removal of nerfed buttons( if there was one class who could imho almost justify the use of nerfed B, it was the ironbreaker ).

These issues are related i.e less Grudge = less capability to use skills, shorter duration = more need for Grudge ( disregarding dispels).

It has been suggested before to raise the duration of Ancestor's fury / Oathbound to the standard 20second buff duration or at the very least 15 seconds, that would certainly be a welcomed quality of life improvement.

Ultimately though there is no balancing reason for BG to get +5 hit and IB needing a tactic for the same effect, especially since BG already gets a HUGE advantage over IB with the Hatred regenerating channel attack on crit. I could add that some IB abilities just cost too much Grudge such as punt or runic shield ( 25 is ridiculous for punt, should have been set at 15).

Ads
Farrul

Post#69 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:55 am

If you're gonna try to maximize the performance of the class, you'll find yourself with Grudge shortages up to Scenario levels sometimes ( as 2h). If APM is lower or not using optimal dps rotations you will find Grudge to be more surplus but BG never has such issues, not just the +5 hit but the channel attack BG get is again, a HUGE advantage.

I'm saying this being adept and experienced at trying to stay with as much resources as possible in different contexts. Rising Anger or Dwarven Riposte are mandatory (as 2H) in smaller scale conflicts, even using tactic (RA mostly unless guarding mdps with dwarven riposte) there are times when Grudges will still be an issue due to high IB cost of skills and how certain tactics interact (Sweet revenge).

In the end the conclusion is the same, one class Get +5 hit without a tactic the other must sacrifice a tactic effectively becoming a 3 tactic class in comparision for the same effect, i have not seen a single logical argument so far through multiple threads that could explain why this is necessary or not unfair. Everything points to this being a design blunder/miss from some ancient past time never recognized or corrected , sadly.

Battlefield

Post#70 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:39 pm

My mistake, absorb for BG costs 15 Hatred not 10, in any case 2 times cheaper.