Recent Topics

Ads

IB not enough Grudges

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
joneees

Re: IB not enough Grudges

Post#21 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:46 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:34 am i kind of reacted to your "highest MDPS dmg" comment because that is just not true.
I said pretty much the best burst out of any mdps, there are like 2? that can beat it and just prove me wrong, simple as that.

E: Throw bloordlord/sent mix on any mdps and try to beat 7.4k burst with a legit spec

Ads
Cyrylius

Post#22 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:05 am

Farrul wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:34 am Snip
You don't care about the amount of grudges when casting oathstone because you're presumably a snb ironbreaker and you won't do damage anyways, or at least aren't supposed to. I mentioned two skills that require grudges to improve utility, all the other ones have only damage tied to them. Thread was opened to talk about defensive capabilities, and I'm pretty sure applying a dot is not why you would use for example cave in as a snb ironbreaker.
For smallscale you should have two tanks, and the other one can make first punt if you can't get three hits on your oathfriend. A quick reminder, bg has to get 90 hate before punting anyone. And, again, in smallscale you have much less players to keep track of, so you can have oathfriend on targeted ally all the time.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

joneees

Post#23 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:12 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:34 am https://web.archive.org/web/20080912152 ... .aspx?id=1 It's not exactly new tactic, it used to give AP everytime you do critical dmg which is much better than everytime you use grudge imo.
In what situation is that better? you would never spec that unless you are tanking PvE instance or zerging and you want to be tanky, so when are your crits going to happen?

Areyou trolling or what?

Sinisterror

Post#24 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:15 am

joneees wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:46 am
Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:34 am i kind of reacted to your "highest MDPS dmg" comment because that is just not true.
I said pretty much the best burst out of any mdps, there are like 2? that can beat it and just prove me wrong, simple as that.

E: Throw bloordlord/sent mix on any mdps and try to beat 7.4k burst with a legit spec
Burden of proof is on you because you claimed that IB has highest mdps dmg but heres my lowbie welf doing 10k in 2 seconds. https://imgur.com/a/gcea5XV

When are crits going to happen are you really asking that : D Ye i took first screenshot and point is exactly that it doesnt matter how much dmg you do to training construct or dummy because those situations are completely in your control and real fights never are.

Now prove me that IB can do over 10k in 2 seconds to a dummy. You want to keep doing this?
Last edited by Sinisterror on Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

joneees

Post#25 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:17 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:15 am
joneees wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:46 am

Burden of proof is on you because you claimed that IB has highest mdps dmg but heres my lowbie welf doing 10k in 2 seconds. https://imgur.com/a/gcea5XV
you hit a target dummy lol

joneees

Post#26 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:18 am

Actually a troll, have a good morning.

joneees

Post#27 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:29 am

It took you 30mins to beat rr60 IBs burst on a target that has no mitigation whilst I did that on a "proper" target in 5 tries.

Sinisterror

Post#28 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:32 am

joneees wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:29 am It took you 30mins to beat rr60 IBs burst on a target that has no mitigation whilst I did that on a "proper" target in 5 tries.
: D you havent posted any proof of anything you claim. And that screenshot is from last may : D And then you post Screenshot where you cant see what class did the dmg. And btw i never said IB cant do 7k, and how much mititgation you think is left on double armour debuffed construct along with all other debuffs? not that much.
Last edited by Sinisterror on Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
joneees

Post#29 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:34 am

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png
my notes on that
IB is f*cking sick
normal tactics, only offensive renown is 2x crit and M1 armor debuff
that picture is from 05/07/2021

Farrul

Post#30 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:41 am

joneees wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:33 am Obviously, I'm not talking about soloing, but OP was whining about how bad IB is in certain situations while it's a god in most, sick buffs, ap regen for everyone with the new tactic, sickening regen specs, insane burst without losing too much etc... depending on how you wanna spec it, it's a pretty good tank, just a lot of buttons to press.
Eh, from what i can read OP is (and rightfully so) pointing out the resource management imbalance compared to its mechanical mirror(BG). IB and especially after the GCD nerf is not comfortable class to play.

This was an excellent analysis of the real problem, and that was prior to the GCD nerf.
viewtopic.php?t=42544

As for your points sorry but why the need to exaggerate, are you biased against IB? Any half competent mdps will burst harder than IB and claiming something else is ridiculous sry. Offense 2h SM will have more effective burst against many targets( magical at 45-50% crit / 800-900 str etherdances hit like trucks) and as pointed out BO can hit harder or just as hard without the need to build high grudges. As for ap buffs and being a ''God'' lol k.