Recent Topics

Ads

IB not enough Grudges

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Battlefield

Re: IB not enough Grudges

Post#51 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:21 pm

Kenyo wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:56 pm So I was right you only think about yourself, so you are a selfish player,

The IB already gets more Grudge's when using Oath Friend, then the BG does with Dark Protector. So it is only right for the BG to get hate for hitting something.

I give you a tip, try using your Oath Friend on a Slayer or a WL, I hit them a lot, or even swap your Oath Friend to someone who is getting hit, and then swap it back, Or is that to hard for you to do?

Not to hard to work out, even for you is it?

When you have nothing to say else you start talking about ego and small differences of Dark Protector/Oath Friend? ;) The average value is the same!

Ads
vobex16

Post#52 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:33 am

Battlefield wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:04 pm Hello Devs, i haven't played RoR for about 10 months and after returning i wanted to

level up my Ironbreaker. Later i started to notice In combat without group that always

not enough Grudges simply to use absorb ability by cooldown (Runic shield cost 30) or

knockback (Away with Ye cost 25), in combat with group if noone directly attacking your

Oath Friend also not enough Grudges, meanwhile the dots might be on you from Shaman,

Magus or Sorc. BG has no such issues at all ! I know about special mechanic tactic for,

but why IB should use it and loose 1 tactic slot but BG not cause has it passive? In

other words in this case BG has +1 free tactic slot and it is not fair for multiplayer game!

Runic shield 30 Grudes and 6 mastery points cost vs Shield of Rage cost only 10 Hatred

Away with Ye 25 Grudges cost vs Exile 30 actions points cost for BG

Enraged Beating ability gives additional free Hatred for BG and does not require two-

handed weapon, just 6 mastery points cost vs Grudge-Born Fury requires great weapon and

14 mastery points cost... -8 mastery points for IB to get it and no Grudges.

1. Make tactic Rising Anger passive for IB without needed to be slotted likewise BG has,

gain 5 Hatred/Grudges when hit an enemy

2. Absorb ability Runic shield must cost 10 Grudges the same as for BG 10 Hatred cost Shield of Rage.

or if you don't want to make a Rising Anger as passive tactic for IB

3. When an enemy attacks an Ironbreaker, it gains 10 Grudge instead of 5.

I hope you will make the appropriate changes.
Absolutely agree. RA must be remove from game for many reasons. Its stupid (AND VERY OLD tacktic!!!) BUT IB just a piece of.... without RA :cry: :cry:

Apocaliptico

Post#53 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:46 am

Best punt?
BG
Best KD?
BG
Best mechanics?
BG

I never understood the reason to take the fall time from the kave in and give it to the BG

Farrul

Post#54 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:46 am

Kenyo wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:56 pmThe IB already gets more Grudge's when using Oath Friend, then the BG does with Dark Protector. So it is only right for the BG to get hate for hitting something.
False, it doesn't. Oath friend ramps up faster but ends up giving less, the average should be about the same.

sharpblader wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:01 pmDon't bother. OP is a serial whiner. They just like to argue by cherry picking without any basis and rant about what the mirror classes can do and theirs can't.

Don't bother giving any advice either. OP is a super experienced player who cannot benefit from the suggestions of others.

Their posts just makes for good entertainment. For which I'm thankful.
I don't know about the OPs past but the concern he/she raises is valid in this thread and good arguments have been made by others , however i've seen you try to derail in the past resorting to immature insults.

If anything this post of yours is the very definition of a trolling attempt, you may find it entertaining, i find it embarrassing and whish Mods would take action against posts like these to improve the quality of the discussions, imho if you have nothing to contribute, then don't press the submit button.

vobex16

Post#55 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:47 am

Apocaliptico wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:46 am Best punt?
BG
Best KD?
BG
Best mechanics?
BG

I never understood the reason to take the fall time from the kave in and give it to the BG
I think because BG was entered into the game later than IB on live servers. And naturally had a great set of tactics to attract players to the new class. As same time how IB dont get good updates.So this problem have roots from live servers.

vobex16

Post#56 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:56 am

Apocaliptico wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:46 am Best punt?
BG
Best KD?
BG
Best mechanics?
BG

And if DeVs lisen players and try remove this thrash tactic *Rising Anger* from game its be really big presents for Ironbreakers. And really good stuff(especually with 1,5sec GCD RA works in 1 time in1 sec lol). Although it seems that this change is small for IB, it will be just wonderful and will open up new opportunities in the game. I'm not even talking about the fact that IB's skill tree looks much worse than BG's

Battlefield

Post#57 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:32 pm

There is also a difference in cost of thoughness buff, for IB it costs 10 Grudge and for BG 30 actions points. Just missed it before... Maybe 10 Grudge not high cost but when not enough Grudges it makes itself known and 40 Grudge/Hate converted to 160 action points.

vobex16

Post#58 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:24 am

Fallenkezef wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:06 pm I'm a 39 full tank IB and I have noticed this to a certain extent. Now the easy answer is to keep an eye on who is getting smacked and switch oath friend, but that can be tricky and a real pain.

When I or my friend is getting hit, IB is an awesome class. When they ignore you it feels very useless, especialy when you are full tanking spec. SM and Knight do their thing regardless.

I think longer buff durations may be a little over powered. However a more reliable grudge building system does seem the better idea.
Really yes

Ads
DiMakss

Post#59 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:52 am

Dackjanielz wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:22 pm
Another popular one is having some of the buff durations last longer so you don't need to mash buttons so quickly all the time to keep it all up.
This. It is annoying to have 3 buff, which last 10 seconds and do not have a damage component, so every 10 seconds you spend 3 seconds on a rebaf. This "pause" reduces dps more than you get from these 3 buffs

Graffer

Post#60 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:15 pm

The only 3 situations IB have not enough grudges:
1. You do PVE boss without adds. In this case use DWARVEN RIPOSTE tactic.
2. You play PVP 1vs1 mode. Try avoid 1vs1, but find 2vs2 or more, other way try not die first 30-40s.
3. You do something wrong. I did not find any other situations with not enough grudges in any spec (2h or SnB). Uptime played IB around 130 days.

Contact me in discord (Graffer#0094), here in PM or in game mail (Graffer). Will analyze your build and abilities rotation to help more.