Recent Topics

Ads

IB not enough Grudges

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sinisterror

Re: IB not enough Grudges

Post#81 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:11 am

Battlefield wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:06 pm it would be nice to remove the global cooldown from the Watch An'Learn ability, which has no damage, just a buff and at the moment of the battle sometimes there is no time to buff it and lose damage.

Also before i thought that IB has much more damage than Kotbs, but now i can say that there is not such a big difference, maybe because Kotbs has OYG aura and on my opinion 2h IB additionaly needs at least 25% armor penetration buff or tactic, for example instead of Rising Anger.
BG has Murderous Wrath ability that ignore 25% armor of the target.

I'm stopping playing for IB for now because I'm disappointed at the moment...
After 80rr+ of Magus,Chosen,Marauder,Kotbs, dps RP and Engineer i can say it's not worth wasting your nerves on IB.
I dont agree that IB needs 25% Armour pene buff but i do agree with Watch An'Learn. Avengin the Debt also used to do hit HARD and was spammable, and because it did dmg it was more useful than how it works now. It sounds good on paper removing all "movement impairing" effects which means snare, not roots? Not sure havent used it in a long time.

But BG has Had SM's Wall Of Darting Steel in RoR years ago, and then Blade Of Ruin was removed from Path of Malice 5pt ability and replaced with Enraged Beating(lol) and 9pts new Ability 2H KD that BG imo shouldnt have. So making Rising Anger passive is like very overdue with IB. Ib is most likely least changed class in the game since it's launch.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
Avernus

Post#82 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 10:35 am

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:11 am Ib is most likely least changed class in the game since it's launch.
As SW i can say that you should be careful about things you wish. I mean, SW was good on live and now he is a clown. They did gave SW an option to have +25% crt power at the cost of 25% ability ap cost,aSW now is at least resemble something viable, and few more tweaks but the price was too high.

Dackjanielz

Post#83 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:58 pm

Well i love my IB but i wont lie, looking at its history of what he used to do compared to what he does now looks like hes had nothing but batterings with a nerf bat which is a bit depressing...

Would love that Avenging the debt back.

Avernus

Post#84 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:49 pm

Dackjanielz wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:58 pm Well i love my IB but i wont lie, looking at its history of what he used to do compared to what he does now looks like hes had nothing but batterings with a nerf bat which is a bit depressing...

Would love that Avenging the debt back.
Don't worry, at least BG got what he wanted (2h knockdown) and BO now has a huge damage+defence self buff.

lemao

Post#85 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:09 pm

Either increase the buff durations to 15 secs (20 would be a bit to much) or remove the gcd from the parry and crit buff. Ib really feels boring to play (in a group setup). If you want to play him efficiently you have to spend 50 % of your time keeping those buffs up. The only nice thing about IB over BG is having the SOS tactic, which is insanely strong (especially noticeable in small scale. )Other than that you are mostly a buff bot and don´t have as much "time" to acually dash out some damage compared to BG.

Vri

Post#86 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:54 pm

marcskk wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:00 am You just need to Oathfriend switch around and get grudges up pretty fast for IB.
Here is the answer ! Move Oathfriend around and you are good.

I have yet to have an issue with my IB.

Battlefield

Post#87 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:03 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:11 am
Battlefield wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:06 pm it would be nice to remove the global cooldown from the Watch An'Learn ability, which has no damage, just a buff and at the moment of the battle sometimes there is no time to buff it and lose damage.

Also before i thought that IB has much more damage than Kotbs, but now i can say that there is not such a big difference, maybe because Kotbs has OYG aura and on my opinion 2h IB additionaly needs at least 25% armor penetration buff or tactic, for example instead of Rising Anger.

After 80rr+ of Magus,Chosen,Marauder,Kotbs, dps RP and Engineer i can say it's not worth wasting your nerves on IB.
I dont agree that IB needs 25% Armour pene buff but i do agree with Watch An'Learn. Avengin the Debt also used to do hit HARD and was spammable, and because it did dmg it was more useful than how it works now. It sounds good on paper removing all "movement impairing" effects which means snare, not roots? Not sure havent used it in a long time.

But BG has Had SM's Wall Of Darting Steel in RoR years ago, and then Blade Of Ruin was removed from Path of Malice 5pt ability and replaced with Enraged Beating(lol) and 9pts new Ability 2H KD that BG imo shouldnt have. So making Rising Anger passive is like very overdue with IB. Ib is most likely least changed class in the game since it's launch.
Possible at 100 Grudge 2h IB ignores 20% armor of the target, such tactic. As i said 2h BG has ability 25% armor penetration without cool down then wounds debuff with +50% aa .
Last edited by Battlefield on Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Battlefield

Post#88 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:08 pm

Vri wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:54 pm
marcskk wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:00 am You just need to Oathfriend switch around and get grudges up pretty fast for IB.
Here is the answer ! Move Oathfriend around and you are good.

I have yet to have an issue with my IB.
Yeah very fun play, Oath bound bot. Let's see which ally is under attack nearby, i need my 2h Grudges :lol:
This means that IB is a strictly group-dependent class, but warband leaders prefer snb IB or guardbot !

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#89 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:34 pm

Battlefield wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:03 pm
Sinisterror wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:11 am

Possible at 100 Grudge 2h IB ignores 20% armor of the target, such tactic. As i said 2h BG has ability 25% armor penetration without cool down then wounds debuff with +50% aa .
Well that wouldnt be worth tactic slot imo but that is just personal taste. IB get's 50% AA haste from Stubborn as stone and it procs from any kind of magical dmg, from wpn procs to covenants,kisses etc and with 1 use it can be up for 40 seconds. And it gives 370 corp resis as well. IB also has Rune-etched Axe that ignores 100% armour with 100 grudge. Imo Rising anger being passive(without tactic needed) along with longer duration AF/Oathbound is best change to IB. There is already great tactics to choose with IB. But like i said this is matter of taste.

If Shield Sweep didnt require shield(rename it to axe sweep lol) that would be nice addition, and Because how Stacking stats work it would be nice if Ancestor's Fury Str buff was replaced with 10% Armour ignore. But these are not as important than Ancestors fury/Oathbound being 15s long OR ignoring GCD.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Battlefield

Post#90 » Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:44 pm

BG on RoR was strongly buffed before and this was not a nerf about Wall Of Darting Steel etc.
BG's tactic Hastened Doom is much more convenient at times than this Stubborn as stone, every time must to lose 1,5sec gcd then Witch of Chosen can easy remove this buff from you. I even stopped using it.
Last edited by Battlefield on Thu Jan 26, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 5 times in total.