Recent Topics

Ads

IB not enough Grudges

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Sinisterror

Re: IB not enough Grudges

Post#11 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:23 am

IB is not a bad class by any means but BG is much smoother to play. When BG was introduced they didnt get any Hatred from Dark Protector dmg because they get hatred from hitting enemy. BG also only needs 90 Hatred for max Effect but Bg's dmg is not affected by amount of Hatred. IB needs 100 for max effect AND dmg.

"IB best burst out of any mdps in the game " wtf : D
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Ads
joneees

Post#12 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:36 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:23 am "IB best burst out of any mdps in the game " wtf : D
Poorly geared IB can burst over 7k in 3s.
E: (gear bloodlord and sent mix and without FO)

Sinisterror

Post#13 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:42 am

joneees wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:36 am
Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:23 am "IB best burst out of any mdps in the game " wtf : D
Poorly geared IB can burst like 7k in 3s. e: without FO
So can SM and Black orc without needing M1 armour debuff dot on top of IB's own armour debuff and all Ib's dots used at 100 Grudge. Besides training constructs dont really tell much. I wouldnt call Bloodlord/sentinel Poorly geared espesially in this context because bloodlord is 2h set for tanks.

Edit; is there even class that cant do 7k on training constructs?
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

joneees

Post#14 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:49 am

The max I was able to burst on a BO with a better gear was like 5.6k or something, been a while since I tested that, but I'm pretty sure that's about right... and it still takes roughly the same time to set up.

Sinisterror

Post#15 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:57 am

joneees wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:49 am The max I was able to burst on a BO with a better gear was like 5.6k or something, been a while since I tested that, but I'm pretty sure that's about right... and it still takes roughly the same time to set up.
It only takes same time to setup against training constructs for M1. RoR.builders - Black Orc If you have access to OP +2 warlord/sov

Dont know why Yout Wot!? looks like it's not specced on link but obviously it is.

joneees

Post#16 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:03 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:57 am
joneees wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:49 am The max I was able to burst on a BO with a better gear was like 5.6k or something, been a while since I tested that, but I'm pretty sure that's about right... and it still takes roughly the same time to set up.
It only takes same time to setup against training constructs for M1. RoR.builders - Black Orc If you have access to OP +2 warlord/sov
That spec is kinda scuffed (BO is useless without KD and you wot is a lifesaver at times), but I wasn't including the time it takes to get M1... setting up the burst takes 2 rotations on BO and couple extra dots on IB

E: just to add that IB's burst happens 3s after the KD

Sinisterror

Post#17 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:15 am

joneees wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:03 am
That spec is kinda scuffed (BO is useless without KD and you wot is a lifesaver at times), but I wasn't including the time it takes to get M1... setting up the burst takes 2 rotations on BO and couple extra dots on IB

You wot is obviously taken but link doesnt show it for some reason. Ofc its scuffed because point is to maximise dmg on trainig constructs and they really dont show the reality. + I know IB burst happens after KD. But if you didnt include M1 then IB takes MUCH longer to build grudge to 100 where it has to use Armour debuff,Snare,KD,Heavy blow and Earthshatter. All needs 100 gruddge for max effect/dmg.

joneees

Post#18 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:24 am

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:15 am

You wot is obviously taken but link doesnt show it for some reason + I know IB burst happens after KD. But if you didnt include M1 then IB takes MUCH longer to build grudge to 100 where it has to use Armour debuff,Snare,KD,Heavy blow and Earthshatter. All needs 100 gruddge for max effect/dmg.
On my lowbie IB I tested that like 5 times and on my BO I tried to mimic similar numbers for much longer, you don't need 100 gurdge for all the skills to beat BO's burst, also IB most of the time has 100 grudge, just place it properly, I'm pretty sure anyone that has played IB for longer than couple days has an easy bind to swap it.
and pretty much you always sit at 100 unless you chilling in the back or there's a stalemate or something :D

Ads
joneees

Post#19 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:33 am

Obviously, I'm not talking about soloing, but OP was whining about how bad IB is in certain situations while it's a god in most, sick buffs, ap regen for everyone with the new tactic, sickening regen specs, insane burst without losing too much etc... depending on how you wanna spec it, it's a pretty good tank, just a lot of buttons to press.
Last edited by joneees on Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sinisterror

Post#20 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:34 am

joneees wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:24 am
Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:15 am

You wot is obviously taken but link doesnt show it for some reason + I know IB burst happens after KD. But if you didnt include M1 then IB takes MUCH longer to build grudge to 100 where it has to use Armour debuff,Snare,KD,Heavy blow and Earthshatter. All needs 100 gruddge for max effect/dmg.
On my lowbie IB I tested that like 5 times and on my BO I tried to mimic similar numbers for much longer, you don't need 100 gurdge for all the skills to beat BO's burst, also IB most of the time has 100 grudge, just place it properly, I'm pretty sure anyone that has played IB for longer than couple days has an easy bind to swap it.
and pretty much you always sit at 100 unless you chilling in the back or there's a stalemate or something :D
Well you kind of need 100 grudge because all those skills i mentioned do extra dmg with 100 grudge. And if you dont have Rising Anger Slotted which you need with 2h and enemy doesnt attack you, you will have trouble with grudge. Ib needs minimum of 50 grudge to do any dmg. Im not saying Ib cant burst, but i kind of reacted to your "highest MDPS dmg" comment because that is just not true.

I wish there was Training Constructs that use magic and ranged attacks, that way IB would have 50% + AA speed and WH could use Vindication (35%+ dmg 10 seconds when disrupting) for maximum theoritical dmg. Would be fun to test and play around but how often you have optimal situations in RvR? Not that often=)

https://web.archive.org/web/20080912152 ... .aspx?id=1 It's not exactly new tactic, it used to give AP everytime you do critical dmg which is much better than everytime you use grudge imo.