Recent Topics

Ads

RVR Stats

Let's talk about... everything else
Azhag

Re: RVR Stats

Post#11 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:32 pm

24 hours is quite a long interval, it would be cool to look at different intervals: an hour, three hours, and so on.

Asmunder — 83+ IB
Asmundor — 82+ Chosen
Asmundus — 78+ KotBS
Asmundarion — 75+ SM
Asmundag — 73+ BO

And lots of other Asmund* toons.

Ads
Vaul

Post#12 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:02 am

dalen wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:45 pm I'd be happy to accept contributions for adding stats and stuff to the main killboard, the web part of it is open source: https://github.com/dalen/killboard

Some might need more things added to the server side API. But that could likely be done, even though I've been kinda busy with other stuff lately.
Thanks Dalen, that's great. I shall dip a toe in.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Vaul

Post#13 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:25 pm

Scottx125 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:32 pm
Vaul wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:50 pm
Scottx125 wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:59 pm Could be nice instead of showing kills it shows K/D as a ratio (in regards to guilds).
I did think about that and will v.likely do it for Classes. But for Guilds I would not want to discourage fighting and wholesale slaughter for the sake of limiting deaths and managing K/D ratio.
I'd argue not showing kills/deaths and only showing K/D ratio is better. It abstracts peoples actual performance and just gives them a general idea of how well they are doing. If you show kills all that means is people will want to ever increase their kill number. If you show their deaths, it means people will want to reduce that as much as possible. If you prevent people knowing exactly how many people they've killed or how much they've died. It makes it harder for them to judge what they need to do and just makes them play better in general. But it's up to you.
It's a good point, ScottX, thanks, and I think in an ideal world or stricter environment K/D would be the best metric. however in the wonderful carnage that is RvR I would not wish to encourage odd behaviour, like guilds kicking all their heaters and tanks out of guild to boost their K/D, just as an extreme example, or avoiding messy fights. I will add median KD ratio for classes later this week though and add some time period options for the summary.
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

Scottx125

Post#14 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:17 pm

Spoiler:
Vaul wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:25 pm It's a good point, ScottX, thanks, and I think in an ideal world or stricter environment K/D would be the best metric. however in the wonderful carnage that is RvR I would not wish to encourage odd behaviour, like guilds kicking all their heaters and tanks out of guild to boost their K/D, just as an extreme example, or avoiding messy fights. I will add median KD ratio for classes later this week though and add some time period options for the summary.
Thanks for the response. I look forward to seeing future updates, keep up the great work!
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

pawnsacrifice

Post#15 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:25 am

drbaker wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:59 pm Interesting to see that even a 5 to 10% population difference seems to equate to the more populous side having 2 or 3 times as many kills. Though i guess the popularity of blobbing may be the real reason.

Hmm...
Spoiler:

nocturnalguest

Post#16 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:23 am

pawnsacrifice wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:25 am
drbaker wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:59 pm Interesting to see that even a 5 to 10% population difference seems to equate to the more populous side having 2 or 3 times as many kills. Though i guess the popularity of blobbing may be the real reason.

Hmm...
Spoiler:
Nice one.
But easily explainable if you look which guilds are on and on which side.

Edit: also a very cool proof that xrealm is actually working completely opposite then most scrubs believe! organized groups do always join underdog (unless they stuck due to stupid lockout)

pawnsacrifice

Post#17 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:23 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:23 am
pawnsacrifice wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:25 am

Hmm...
Spoiler:
Nice one.
But easily explainable if you look which guilds are on and on which side.

Edit: also a very cool proof that xrealm is actually working completely opposite then most scrubs believe! organized groups do always join underdog (unless they stuck due to stupid lockout)
Nah, that's bull. Not sure which timezone you play in but in NA they don't join always join underdogs. In fact you can mostly find people xrealming to queue up Order for many forts nighttime NA. The example I showed you isn't the only one, just showing you that your population difference assumption isn't necessarily the case. There's more people xrealming to join winners than the underdogs in forts. Seeing a lot of disinfo spread by players on here.

pawnsacrifice

Post#18 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:37 pm

Vaul wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:32 pm I made this scraping killboard - hope that is okay with devs! ofc I will stop if not.

https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk/

It tracks kills in oRVR every half hour with some data. Plenty of potential so would welcome feedback and ideas. Going to be a mess on mobile atm.
What happened to it? Did it get restarted? Not showing 24 hour data

Ads
Vaul

Post#19 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:49 am

pawnsacrifice wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:37 pm
Vaul wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:32 pm I made this scraping killboard - hope that is okay with devs! ofc I will stop if not.

https://www.rvrstats.additionweb.co.uk/

It tracks kills in oRVR every half hour with some data. Plenty of potential so would welcome feedback and ideas. Going to be a mess on mobile atm.
What happened to it? Did it get restarted? Not showing 24 hour data
Making something new and broke it. Fixed now. New stuff soon!
Deadlakes (Marauder)
Shoreditch (Zealot)
Vhannos (Chosen)

fontin

Post#20 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:18 pm