Recent Topics

Ads

[IB] small change proposals to improve the class usefulness while waiting for Skills Rework.

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Ruin

[IB] small change proposals to improve the class usefulness while waiting for Skills Rework.

Post#1 » Tue Jan 17, 2023 11:33 am

Hello,
As we know with the changes to Global Cool Down (GCD), the Ironbreaker got hit significantly with the amount of available abilities he can use during his rotation.
IB is the only class that have cast able buffs (Ancestor’s Fury, Oathbound, Watch and Learn and Stubborn as Stone) that players won’t to recast on cool down that don’t provide other bonuses like damage for example. And the GCD change reduced the amount of abilities IB player can use in between rebuffing. The change from around 9 abilities casted with 1.15sec GCD, to 5-6 skill with 1.5sec GCD every 10sec.
With proper usage of those skills you would recast buffs, 2 every10 second leaving you with 3-4 other abilities you can use each rotation, and every20 second you would spend 4 GCD rebuffing leaving you with 1 or 2 other abilities you can use.

So I devised proposals that I hope coudl makes the most sense, in solveing this issue:
A) Increase the duration of those buffs from 10 sec to 20 sec.
B) Make those buffs castable outside of GCD.
C) Provide a tactic that increase the duration of those skills by x amount based on your Grudge level: 30 grudges 33% duration increase, 60 grudges 66% duration increase, and 90 Grudges 100% duration increase, I would propose to use the tactic “Long-Held Grudges”.
D) Make I a permanent buff similar to Knight/Chosen that when you use it, it’s on you and your Oath friend constantly (if in range) with restriction that only one at a time can be active.
E) Add damage components to those buffs similar to abilities like WAAAAGH! or Rock ‘Ard.

Ps. To consider when balancing of class will arrive in the future
The Ancestor’s Fury and Inspiring Attack, both provide nonstacking Strength buff for IB and oath friend. It Would be nice if each of those abilities provide unique bonus.

Ads