Recent Topics

Ads

Character selection/creation does not appear after login

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
hrefna

Character selection/creation does not appear after login

Post#1 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:37 am

Hello. I have a strange issue, which happened today. During play I got runtime error (I did not write down it's content, stupid me, because it happened from time to time before and after that I was always able to log into game normally) and my client crashed. After that I can normally login via the launcher (or Sildur's launcher), but I get stuck on character selection screen with no characters and no character create function visible and without any error messages. I tried all logical solutions:
  • First solution - restarting my PC. Several times.
  • Unchecking read only, on the whole WAR folder and manually on every subfolder and loose files.
  • Repairing game files via launcher option -> unchecking read only.
  • Clearing cache.
  • Fresh installs from direct download, after disabling my Windows Defender (several times) on two different discs, with unchecking read only option - trying to launch clean game without restoring addons from my addon backup copy; with or without Sildur's latest (DX 11) enhancement.
  • Manually adding War.exe to Windows Firewall exception list.
  • Deleting all previous installations from all my discs, every single file ROR relasted except of backup copies of my User and Interface folders
  • Restoring all my nVidia settings to default.
  • Updating system drivers for graphic and WiFi cards.
  • Leaving game window open for more than a hour with hope that the problem could address itself with time.
  • Creating fresh new user acvciunt and trying to login with new credential to exclude a possibility of account issue.
Maybe it has something to do with previous (before installing Sildur's enhancement) tries to make a good Reshade preset (Reshade 4.9.1 and 5.6.0), but I doubt it's a cause if my issue. After uninstalling them and deleting game folders it should not have happen.

Nothing helps. Do you have any advice what can I try next? I will deeply appreciate any piece of advice containing any not mentioned above. Every other game or 3D application I have installed, opens without any issues so I don't believe it is my system problem.

My system specs (not a potato PC at all):
  • Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.90 GHz
  • RAM: 32 GB
  • Graphics: nVidia GeForce RTX 3070 Ti
  • System: Windows 11 Pro 22H2

Ads
sancra

Re: Character selection/creation does not appear after login

Post#2 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:53 am

Next time look at server status and number of connected players at home page ;-)

hrefna

Post#3 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:10 am

Sure I should do it. For my excuse I can only say, that it was deep night in my timezone.

Well, 17 people managed to stay online :mrgreen:

sancra

Post#4 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:41 am

there is always around 20 connections at minimum, probably services connections, not players nor admins.

hrefna

Post#5 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 7:53 am

I bookmarked this in case of future problems: https://status.returnofreckoning.com/

sancra

Post#6 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:06 am

[thumb up]

Tyrex2017

Post#7 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:39 pm

Bug is back - Sunday 22 january 2023 - 15:34 East time (NA)

Lilim
Community Management

Post#8 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:51 pm

Issue is already solved again

Ads
Curt

Post#9 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:52 am

I am getting this issue now.

malark

Post#10 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:31 am

try switching to the 'stable' binary instead of the 'experimental' (it used to be 32 bit or 64 bit option in the launcher setings) or
if you're using dxvk try logging in once without it or update to the latest dxvk