Recent Topics

Ads

Could TTS Be Hooked In?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Svartypops

Could TTS Be Hooked In?

Post#1 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:07 pm

I love the huge amount of work that's been put into writing the quests. I'm a slow reader, however, and I would rather play than read. I wonder if it would be possible to hook a Text-to-Speech app into the game to read the walls of text?

Ads
Omegus

Re: Could TTS Be Hooked In?

Post#2 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:35 am

Svartypops wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:07 pm I love the huge amount of work that's been put into writing the quests. I'm a slow reader, however, and I would rather play than read. I wonder if it would be possible to hook a Text-to-Speech app into the game to read the walls of text?
Not directly into the game, but it is possible to communicate to external programs by writing to chat logs which are then read by an external program. This is how sound-effect addons like the Unreal Deathblow announcer (something like that) works - the addon writes to a game log and an external EXE is monitoring the log and triggers different sound effects based on what was written to the log.

In order for your idea to work you would need an addon to write something to a specific log (e.g. the text to read out loud or commands to stop/pause/etc), an external EXE monitoring the log, and then that EXE then also needs to do the TTS stuff or somehow pass the text to read to another program that does the actual TTS stuff.

edit: looks like this is an old thread that got bumped by a spam bot. Oh well, the above still applies. OP got ther reply 9-10 months late :D
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Lilim
Community Management

Re: Could TTS Be Hooked In?

Post#3 » Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:51 am

Baited by bot ;D