Recent Topics

Ads

Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Toshutkidup

Re: Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

Post#21 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:52 am

I find leveling a new alt now and working towards 80 and working thru all the pvp sets ( ZERO PVE GEAR ) that sure I get stomped but also got my kills and have been doing well enough that I’m sticking to it. So if anything, bring the RR gain as it was before but my biggest thing slowing me down is just getting crests. But again I’m getting ALL my gear via pvp and this could be made much much easier if I did pve.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Ads
vanbuinen77

Re: Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

Post#22 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:00 am

No.
Malificatium-Magus
Malificatiiium-Chosen
Malificatiium-Shaman

rejndjer
Suspended

Post#23 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:03 am

Tanski wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:22 pm
rejndjer wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:00 am
Tanski wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:07 pm Or just revert renown nerf. Gear acquisition is very easy now, renown is the barrier. 1-80 takes forever
absolutely not. here i am on my rr79 SW, still wearing invader. fu and all who think crest gain is good.
I had 6 p sov at 70 on WE. Kill things get crests. Maybe skill issue for you 🤔

Also took 4k kills to hit 78. Renown is seriously slow from what it was a few years ago
and maybe WE is a piece of **** OP class that can easily get solo kills? and maybe you had luck with roll? and maybe something else?

no it's clearly l2p issue :wink:

P.S. if you were actually having solo kills renown definitely wouldn't have been a problem for you. unless you were targeting only low rr players...

nebelwerfer

Post#24 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:39 am

I think nerfing ruin / merc / anni was a mistake. Bring it back up to speed, it's such a crutch for players with no mastery points form renown. :ugeek:

Phantasm

Post#25 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:43 am

No need to touch gear, remove rank required from sets, make conq a sovlike for mid tier, lower exp and boost RR a bit.

shrredhn

Post#27 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:05 am

fuzzbunny wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:41 am As a new player it sounds like I'm in a world of hurt once I hit 40. It's a shame too because im having such a good time healing in mid teir. How likely is it that devs would make the change OP is suggesting?
It's fine as a healer. DPS is where the gear gap hurts.

shrredhn

Post#28 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:08 am

nebelwerfer wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:39 am I think nerfing ruin / merc / anni was a mistake. Bring it back up to speed, it's such a crutch for players with no mastery points form renown. :ugeek:
If nothing else those sets need to add another 1500hp.

Ads
Tanski

Post#29 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:33 pm

rejndjer wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:03 am
Tanski wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:22 pm
rejndjer wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:00 am

absolutely not. here i am on my rr79 SW, still wearing invader. fu and all who think crest gain is good.
I had 6 p sov at 70 on WE. Kill things get crests. Maybe skill issue for you 🤔

Also took 4k kills to hit 78. Renown is seriously slow from what it was a few years ago
and maybe WE is a piece of **** OP class that can easily get solo kills? and maybe you had luck with roll? and maybe something else?

no it's clearly l2p issue :wink:

P.S. if you were actually having solo kills renown definitely wouldn't have been a problem for you. unless you were targeting only low rr players...
SW cant solo? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISvQ0-JVdrA

I mean, not YOUR sw ofc xD
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

Valfaros

Post#30 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:03 pm

In a post about low end gear you add a vid of a full equiped sw. I mean yeah at that point most classes can solo. I do it on my dps zealot. Well I guess it was ment as a joke...

Anyways:
I find if you play 1 character the progress is just fine. However twinking takes forever. Maybe an increased renown or tokens gain could be introduced for people that already have certain steps unlocked. Alternativly make tokens accountbound + add account bound renown pots.

I don't think bringing gear closer together is a good thing with balance as meh as it currently is. Atm you can play classes and specs that are rather lacking just by putting better gear on it. Bringing everything closer together just means the already strong classes get even more dominant.