Recent Topics

Ads

Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
rejndjer
Suspended

Re: Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

Post#11 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:00 am

Tanski wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:07 pm Or just revert renown nerf. Gear acquisition is very easy now, renown is the barrier. 1-80 takes forever
absolutely not. here i am on my rr79 SW, still wearing invader. fu and all who think crest gain is good.

Ads
Acidic

Re: Heavily Buff Low End gear to remove barrier to entry and create balance! While still honoring established players.

Post#12 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:44 am

I think that a buff is warranted for lower sets, exact nature of such a buff ni am not so sure on but leveling the playing field a bit is a good idea.
The reason for this would be to give better fighting chance to new players who probably don’t have high level alts as well as helping ppl take alts into the field.

A buff to the sets should still keep the progression routes open and as such still leave the benefit of the grind but increase the viability along the way.

The level creep with gear in ror has been reduced from live and was a good thing, but there is potential for reducing the gap of beginning sets to bis.

Only significant issue would be who to do it and as always how much of a boost

Cyrylius

Post#13 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:43 am

Let me make a counterproposal: fix the underperforming sets. Vanq is generally fine across the board, pretty much every class can use it to a good result. Conq is not, its a joke for almost every class. There's a very solid starter mix for tanks with ruin/redeye which gives you two armor buffs, and healers are gonna be fine no matter what. The only real loser here are the dps classes. My proposal is, change stat distributions. Make dps conq less offensive and give it a bit of defensive stats on melee classes. Going full class cannon at rr 50 is just not getting you anywhere. We don't need to blanket buff everything, just specifically target classes that run into issues without high end gear.
RoR doesnt deserve being taken seriously.

Scottx125

Post#14 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:10 pm

Honestly I think the best thing to do is just extend the bolster to RR65.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Tanski

Post#15 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 3:22 pm

rejndjer wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:00 am
Tanski wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:07 pm Or just revert renown nerf. Gear acquisition is very easy now, renown is the barrier. 1-80 takes forever
absolutely not. here i am on my rr79 SW, still wearing invader. fu and all who think crest gain is good.
I had 6 p sov at 70 on WE. Kill things get crests. Maybe skill issue for you 🤔

Also took 4k kills to hit 78. Renown is seriously slow from what it was a few years ago
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

fuzzbunny

Post#16 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:41 pm

Detangler wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:14 am
fuzzbunny wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:41 am As a new player it sounds like I'm in a world of hurt once I hit 40. It's a shame too because im having such a good time healing in mid teir. How likely is it that devs would make the change OP is suggesting?
As a healer, you'll be fine. In scenarios you'll be squishy so slot all wounds talismans to survive the knocdowns. Its the DPS and the 2h tanks that feel it the most because they go from CR 39 gods in scenarios to noodle-wavers. Just zerg surf oRvR warbands for a bit and you'll get CR 60 soon enough.

The sky isn't falling, but all the altoholics like to say it is.
That's a fair point. I should of mentioned that I'm worried about my friends who play melee DPS and tank roles. I play a healer because I like the comradery. If they leave because it gets frustrated - I will eventually leave as well.

Akalukz

Post#17 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:59 pm

It's not just the gear, as it is also the renown points. at RR80 you can be tanky and still kill stuff.
-= Agony =-

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#18 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:10 pm

no

Ads
Aluviya

Post#19 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 9:51 pm

I have to disagree with upgrading the gear towards sovereign. And would rather like to see an overall downgrade of all hightier sets into a similar item level of triumphant and reserve the SOV gear for future content to be released - due to these reasons:

1) Warlord may be not a cruicial gear for a lot of classes but for some it is (or might be in the future with the rework on abilities). And while it costs lesser crests and having an overall lesser itemlevel, it still follows the +2 mastery concept that is also a part of the SOV making it designwise actually more or less the same set. Factually forcing a class to play with a lesser item level if that specific path was chosen.

2) The "endgame gear" was reached from my POV way too fast leading to a certain powercreep with the SOV (which you are trying to adress here). The server is build on the idea of living up the "live state" of the server where one could get SOV in cities. Meanwhile we never had the chance or time to to appreciate or actually play the era of warlord being the potential BIS gear. Which leads to point 3.

3) On live most sets such as warlord had not a flat offensive/defensive stat contribution. By that I mean currently you'd find on all potential BIS sets of casters (such as sorc or bw) always +wounds + ini +int - which are all the stats you'd want to go into. While on live most sets also had a lot times not so often "needed" stats such as toughness on them. This availablity of all needed stats on items is a cause for a lot of classes to easily cap stats with combining SOV with certain sets leading to perfectly specialized builds that can invest additionally into defensive stats via RR. If we stay with the Sorc BW example: There is a currently big difference in Vanq vs. SOV/Triumphant combo in the means of how much damage Sorc/BW can sustain (#survivability) while maintaining an even higher amount of damage.

Edit: I do agree on the situation you percieve and described: There is a certain need for balance itemwise. However as I mentioned, I'd rather see a nerf into all endgame sets rather then creating another level of powercreep with increased stats on pre sov/triumphant sets.

Detangler

Post#20 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:18 pm

fuzzbunny wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:41 pm
Detangler wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:14 am
fuzzbunny wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:41 am As a new player it sounds like I'm in a world of hurt once I hit 40. It's a shame too because im having such a good time healing in mid teir. How likely is it that devs would make the change OP is suggesting?
As a healer, you'll be fine. In scenarios you'll be squishy so slot all wounds talismans to survive the knocdowns. Its the DPS and the 2h tanks that feel it the most because they go from CR 39 gods in scenarios to noodle-wavers. Just zerg surf oRvR warbands for a bit and you'll get CR 60 soon enough.

The sky isn't falling, but all the altoholics like to say it is.
That's a fair point. I should of mentioned that I'm worried about my friends who play melee DPS and tank roles. I play a healer because I like the comradery. If they leave because it gets frustrated - I will eventually leave as well.
I would advise your tank friends to go sword/board until they can either get bloodlord or invader gear. As for your DPS friends, again just have em slot wounds and do more orvr and avoid scenarios unless they have a dedicated guard bot. If you play as a group together, grab some randoms and get a full group before doing scenarios if needed, but you'll do fine as long as you communicate and assist. Matchmaker will still ensure you get matched with all pugs 80% of the time. It won't take long to get decent gear.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable