Recent Topics

Ads

Spike lag in game

Ask for in-game support. Bugs go to the Bug Tracker.
Forum rules
READ THE STICKIED THREADS BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The answers you may seek are likely already there.

Thank you.
rolandoz

Spike lag in game

Post#1 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:25 pm

Hello guys, i am i really need of help! I love ror and i created a new account just for fun but thats not the thing i need help in. My main problem is ingame spike lag. So this lag happens everytime when im in a wb that is full. The lag starts when the wb almost at like half full and go on. This lag happens in every 6 or 7 seconds its a 0.5 sec lag/ 0.5 or less/more sec screen freeze, I really dont know what can cause this, the game been doing this since i play ror on this laptop, its not a laptop problem thats for sure because its running good. I really want to know how can i fix this lag bcs its making the game unplayable, i checked the lag fix helps but none of them worked. The game do this even im not using any addon or im using addon. So i dont know. If anyone know a fix that really helps, im going to be the happiest person in the world.

Ads
Battlefield

Re: Spike lag in game

Post#2 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:44 pm

Avoid warbands and play small scale, i have the same issue. After WB sometimes need to restart client.

Sever1n

Post#3 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:54 pm

Unfixable memory leak. 5sec stuttering + lagspikes that increases the more time u spend in wb. Relog every 1 or 2 hours, and ignore 5sec stutter. Only devs can fix this, but not sure they can.

Stinkyweed

Post#4 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:02 pm

Happens to me when slayers approach...I blame Rampage.
Stinkyweed SH.86
Prowl WE.85
Blob Chop.82
Babaganoush Sham.7x
Negative Creep Z.5x
Motley Crue WH.5x
Scratch WL.3x

Don't fall asleep...don't fall asleep...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oP7uxesyQWo

Kpi

Post#5 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:02 am

rolandoz wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:25 pm Hello guys, i am i really need of help! I love ror and i created a new account just for fun but thats not the thing i need help in. My main problem is ingame spike lag. So this lag happens everytime when im in a wb that is full. The lag starts when the wb almost at like half full and go on. This lag happens in every 6 or 7 seconds its a 0.5 sec lag/ 0.5 or less/more sec screen freeze, I really dont know what can cause this, the game been doing this since i play ror on this laptop, its not a laptop problem thats for sure because its running good. I really want to know how can i fix this lag bcs its making the game unplayable, i checked the lag fix helps but none of them worked. The game do this even im not using any addon or im using addon. So i dont know. If anyone know a fix that really helps, im going to be the happiest person in the world.
Check the game is running in dedicated GPU and not in Mainboard GPU
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+

Battlefield

Post#6 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:04 am

Until 2020, there were no such lags in wb, I then played quietly even on the old PC...

rolandoz

Post#7 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:59 am

I hope that they can fix this the devs, only hope. I use the dedicated gpu, nothing helps, i might become a solo player then...

rolandoz

Post#8 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:02 am

Is there any way to tell this to the devs and should i do it if i can?

Ads
Kaelang

Post#9 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:50 am

Your best option when running in the large scales is have your graphics at the minimum possible. It's not necessarily something that we can fix as it's based on how the game uses the system it's running from and due to the nature of the game (it being ancient), it's not optimised for new setups, and wasn't very well optimised for the basic setups at the time either.

Some lag is pretty much guaranteed in large-scale, but it shouldn't be as bad as you're suggesting. I'd revisit any AddOns and as mentioned bring your GFX right down.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

rolandoz

Post#10 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:00 pm

Okay i hope it will get better but i play with what i can thanks!