Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Class Information WiP

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Novamett

[Slayer] Class Information WiP

Post#1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:36 pm

Last edited by Novamett on Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ads
nocturnalguest

Re: [Slayer] Class Information WiP

Post#2 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:49 pm

And whats the actual purpose for this?
I'd understand if you'd test out stats&mastery scalers and modifiers or other crucial technical information that is not directly displayed in-game or like add exact avoidance values for M1's etc. Dont mean to offend you but copying widely available data seems like a waste of efforts to me.

P.S. fancy tho

Novamett

Post#3 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:27 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:49 pm And whats the actual purpose for this?
I'd understand if you'd test out stats&mastery scalers and modifiers or other crucial technical information that is not directly displayed in-game or like add exact avoidance values for M1's etc. Dont mean to offend you but copying widely available data seems like a waste of efforts to me.

P.S. fancy tho
Easier to access information for comparing. After meeting a personal need I thought others stumbling upon it might find it useful.

I appreciate your concern though.

nocturnalguest

Post#4 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:03 pm

I see, well to each his own i guess. Here is a small piece of advice - to compare abilities (e.g. dmging ones) you need following parameters:
- base dmg
- how they scale with main stat (check dmg on in game tooltip and on dummies for example with pot and without)
- how they scale with amount of mastery points into appropriate tree (like with 0 points, then with required amount of points to get ability in case its specable and finally with full mastery points)
- other situational parameters (cd, duration, condition, dmg type etc)
Accounting those parameters above would be proper comparison. Rest is definitely not proper comparison.

Thanks for sharing anyways. Good luck in your research

P.S. oh and just in case take a look here
https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/

Novamett

Post#5 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:17 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:03 pm I see, well to each his own i guess. Here is a small piece of advice - to compare abilities (e.g. dmging ones) you need following parameters:
- base dmg
- how they scale with main stat (check dmg on in game tooltip and on dummies for example with pot and without)
- how they scale with amount of mastery points into appropriate tree (like with 0 points, then with required amount of points to get ability in case its specable and finally with full mastery points)
- other situational parameters (cd, duration, condition, dmg type etc)
Accounting those parameters above would be proper comparison. Rest is definitely not proper comparison.

Thanks for sharing anyways. Good luck in your research

P.S. oh and just in case take a look here
This could be an overcomplicated spreadsheet but it's not. Most understand how stats scale with things. This is more in honor of the fundamental mechanics of the classes. The enjoyment of the game starts to die when you have to start number crunching.

"P.S. oh and just in case take a look here"

P.S. I am familiar with the website you referenced. You have to mouse over each icon. Not really that efficient for comparing.

nocturnalguest

Post#6 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:40 pm

Novamett wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:17 pm Most understand how stats scale with things.
Nah, totally the opposite. Also alot of skills are scaled uniquely (for example tanks 2h channels) and this info is not shared anywhere, so one has to do the tests and figure for themselves.

Novamett

Post#7 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:52 pm

nocturnalguest wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:40 pm
Novamett wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:17 pm Most understand how stats scale with things.
Nah, totally the opposite. Also alot of skills are scaled uniquely (for example tanks 2h channels) and this info is not shared anywhere, so one has to do the tests and figure for themselves.
It's not that serious slime

Scottx125

Post#8 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:36 pm

Cool, but we have a career builder with all this info.. A guide would be better.
Spoiler:
Seiigfrid RR 8X WP | Arthasus RR 7X KOTBS | Zalthazar RR 5X BW
For the Gif in it's full glory:
Now a member of Oath.

Ads
Novamett

Post#9 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:57 pm

https://youtu.be/A8_5fPlfSek

Forum posting be like

"woah, very nice.."
"look at that"
"typed up the doc yesterday,"
"bad formatting"
"that's scaled, and the percentages are something called '2h channels'"

Kpi

Post#10 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:48 pm

Close combat tactic is missing in the document ;)
Spoiler:
Kpihuss -- WP 88
Kpithrogrim -- IB 83
Kpigaragrim -- Slayer 81
Kpikossar -- SW 77
Kpirmedes -- RP 68+
Kpiboris -- KOTBS 65+