Recent Topics

Ads

Ability Rework

Let's talk about... everything else
Toggle

Ability Rework

Post#1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:15 pm

“I'm excited to see how Max & Dalen's ability revamp ends up when it goes live, because it'll be a reset to 1.4.8 mechanics. Hopefully there's no widespread changes like RoR did over the years after that.” - Secrets

Saw this in another thread, but I just glossed over it originally. Thought about it a bit and decided it deserved a post. Can anyone confirm that this will be the case once the ability rework goes live? Are we really going to go back to what would essentially be Live, or am I reading this incorrectly?
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
Sinisterror

Re: Ability Rework

Post#2 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:22 pm

Ive seen Secrets(on/off Dev currently off) post this few times so probably true. RoR Discord probably has best information, ive been banned for 2 yrs so this is just speculation. It would be back to Live mechanics in a good way. If this happens RoR will get BIG amount of lurking Players back=)
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Toggle

Post#3 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:28 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:22 pm Ive seen Secrets(on/off Dev currently off) post this few times so probably true. RoR Discord probably has best information, ive been banned for 2 yrs so this is just speculation. It would be back to Live mechanics in a good way. If this happens RoR will get BIG amount of lurking Players back=)
So, we’re talking loss of shield WP/DoK and probably 100 other things I’m forgetting about?

If that’s the case, I don’t know that I would be a fan of the change…at all.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Bobbiom

Post#4 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:28 pm

So would this mean that the ICD on procs be removed?

Sinisterror

Post#5 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:39 pm

It means alot of things like ICD on procs removed, aoe cap back to 9(thank god) but not sure if shield dok/wp removal is considered "Ability Mechanics"
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

Poulpie03

Post#6 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:31 am

is there a list of what will change ?

Toshutkidup

Post#7 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:33 am

Poulpie03 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 12:31 am is there a list of what will change ?
Don’t believe so as everything atm is all speculation.
First RR90 Slayer working towards the top of the mountain.I still solo, still run riposte.

Twitch:https://www.twitch.tv/toshutkidup
My Youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/Toshutkidup

Secrets
Former Staff

Post#8 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:40 am

To be clear I think their current development plan is to stack the RoR specific changes on top of 1.4.8's baseline ability data. It's a consistent baseline for making sure the client data works properly, and then RoR's conditionals and changes can be added on once they're sure the data works.

Changes will be kept selectively. There are a lot of ninja changes from people like Azarael, Torquemadra, etc over the years that just simply don't belong, and then there's dumb changes that RoR did over the years that none of the current devs are proud of. Then there's stuff that is just simply broken.

No idea what all will change exactly, but it's a significant overhaul to how the system functions. It's an absolutely massive overhaul, I've heard.

I know the Zealot/RP stance bug that has long plagued us may be fixed under the new system.
Tome tactic slots will also work as a result of the change among other features supported.
Some VFX for abilities that were previously lost to time will now play.

I am excited to see it. I don't have a hand in doing the work, but I know it is being worked on.

Ads
BluIzLucky

Post#9 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:18 am

Secrets wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:40 am ...
Thanks for clearing that up, nice to see it will bring many additional benefits too, just hope they'll keep AM/SHM mechanic as is (and a few other things) :lol:
SM - Arhalien +80 | AM - Shaheena +80
ZL - Wildera +70 | BG - Blackcrow +70

Sofong

Post#10 » Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:42 am

i just hope they make no more non sensical changes like adding insta stealth+morale drain+ armor debuff to wh.
just tune down slayer, sorc, bw, wl abit, maybe even WE, would be good enough.